There are 200 users in the forums

2023-2024 NFC Playoff Picture Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wubbie:
That's interesting to think about.
Only considering the Cowboys winning on Sunday, correct me if I'm wrong, bit seeding next week would something like?:
1-49ers
2-Cowboys
3-Lions
4-Falcons
5-Eagles
6-Vikings
7-Packers

Divisional Round we'd play the weakest remaining seed between 4-7? We don't play seeds 2 or 3, right?
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I don't want the Chiefs at all. They Dolphins are scary with Tyreek. We have seen him get behind our defense. The Ravens have Lamar and running QB's cause big problems for this defense. Those are the biggest problems.

Lol, we're probably going to face a team that does some things well in the Super Bowl.

Yeah but you want the easiest road. Not Mahomes. That's for sure. I've seen that show before.
You afraid of the Chiefs? You act like Jimmy G is still the QB

Our QB is much better now. But Mahomes is dangerous in the Super Bowl.
You ALWAYS want the buy and the #1 seed. There is no comparison. This isn't even an argument guys. It's crazy to want otherwise. You don't try to be a lower seed.
I don't want the Chiefs at all. They Dolphins are scary with Tyreek. We have seen him get behind our defense. The Ravens have Lamar and running QB's cause big problems for this defense. Those are the biggest problems.

Lol, we're probably going to face a team that does some things well in the Super Bowl.

Yeah but you want the easiest road. Not Mahomes. That's for sure. I've seen that show before.

Niners are way better than the Chiefs. Our defense will suffocate Mahomes.

like the one SB where the Chiefs didn't score a TD ?

Niners are way better than the Chiefs. Our defense will suffocate Mahomes.

It's very risky to face that guy. You don't want to if you don't have to.
Hey, anyone remember Mangini? Just watch First Things First (hardly ever do) but that dude was saying that since the TEAM hasn't had to play from behind, he can't say that they are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the league. Doesn't the fact that they blow every other team out of the water LITERALLY mean that they're that much better than everyone else?

I was really hoping to start enjoying some of these sports talk shows now that the Niners are clearly the best team in the league, but all they seem to be are shows struggling to find reasons they aren't very good how does that make sense?

[ Edited by SLCNiner on Dec 6, 2023 at 7:45 PM ]
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Hey, everyone remember Mangini? Just watch First Things First (hardly ever do) but that dude was saying that since the TEAM hasn't had to play from behind, he can't say that they are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the league. Doesn't the fact that they blow every other team out of the water LITERALLY mean that they're that much better than everyone else?

I was really hoping to start enjoying some of these sports talk shows now that the Niners are clearly the best team in the league, but all they seem to be are shows struggling to find reasons they aren't very good how does that make sense?

I absolutely HATE that take. "What happens if they have to play from behind?"

One of the (many) strengths of our team is our defense. We expect our defense to not give up a bunch of touchdowns in the first quarter and have to play from behind.
It's like saying "Hey, what if the Dolphins can't get Tyreek Hill the football?" or "What happens if Mahomes throws a couple pick 6's to start the game?"

When we were down 0-6, it's like "Oh, Niners are lucky it's not 0-14."
No. We just have a good defense that weathered the offense starting a little slow.
Why would you want to play from behind when you can play from ahead? That's completely stupid and a terrible strategy. In NFL history almost every QB is much worse coming from behind. No they don't win them all. Not even Mahomes. You don't want to be are get behind. You want to dictate.
Hey, everyone remember Mangini? Just watch First Things First (hardly ever do) but that dude was saying that since the TEAM hasn't had to play from behind, he can't say that they are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the league. Doesn't the fact that they blow every other team out of the water LITERALLY mean that they're that much better than everyone else?

One of the (many) strengths of our team is our defense. We expect our defense to not give up a bunch of touchdowns in the first quarter and have to play from behind.
It's like saying "Hey, what if the Dolphins can't get Tyreek Hill the football?" or "What happens if Mahomes throws a couple pick 6's to start the game?"

No. We just have a good defense that weathered the offense starting a little slow.

It's dumb and weak minded. Philly must be better because they win more one score games. Just like Minnesota last year.

It's dumb and weak minded. Philly must be better because they win more one score games. Just like Minnesota last year.
not sure why you guys get hung on this. When have we ever received credit for anything thats well deserved ?

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 6, 2023 at 8:05 PM ]

Why would you want to play from behind when you can play from ahead? That's completely stupid and a terrible strategy. In NFL history almost every QB is much worse coming from behind. No they don't win them all. Not even Mahomes. You don't want to be are get behind. You want to dictate.

Exactly!
If, hypothetically, we were to lose a game because we, say, started 3-21 in the first quarter... Sure, there's going to be finger pointing at Purdy... finger pointing at Shanahan.

But we're also going to have huge questions to our defense. Like... What happened, Nick Bosa? Fred Warner? Mooney? All of our marquee defensive players. You're not supposed to give up leads like this.

A couple years ago, Jimmy G won a shootout with the Drew Brees Saints... That game where George Kittle rumbled and carried like three, four Saints players on that final, go-ahead drive. Yeah, it's awesome that we were able to win that game. But was very disappointing that the D didn't hold up well.

We win as a team.
[ Edited by Wubbie on Dec 6, 2023 at 8:08 PM ]
I hate that I have to root for the cowboys this week, but let's go cowgirls
i hate that I have to root for the Seahawks next week, but let's go seahwaks
You ALWAYS want the buy and the #1 seed. There is no comparison. This isn't even an argument guys. It's crazy to want otherwise. You don't try to be a lower seed.

Yes we all saw how we played after a bye and that would be a huge advantage for us to get that week off. #1 seed is the best thing that could happen for us. Forget who we are playing. If we're healthy and coming off a bye look out NFL here come the big swinging Mfers.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
I hate that I have to root for the cowboys this week, but let's go cowgirls
i hate that I have to root for the Seahawks next week, but let's go seahwaks
Like i tell everyone who mentions these types of scenarios..

I'm not rooting for X to win, I'm rooting for Y to lose
Share 49ersWebzone