There are 103 users in the forums

Week 10 @ JAX coaches film analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
I can't remember the last time another 49ers QB hit a throw like Purdy did to Kittle. The deep wheel route, right? One of his best in his career.

Should answer any questions about his arm strength.

Pure arm strength is overrated. But knowing your body and the footwork required to throw deep is more important. I never thought Garcia had a great arm, but his feet and movement were constantly so active he knew how to launch them.

Purdy threw that ball flat footed, which was impressive, but it wasn't thrown that far. Big I still think that throw is more impressive than a longer one where he could use his feet.

Most QBs generate power from their lower body and those tree trunks Purdy scoots around on probably deliver a ton of power, but he couldn't step into that pass at all. 100% arm.
I can't remember the last time another 49ers QB hit a throw like Purdy did to Kittle. The deep wheel route, right? One of his best in his career.

Its been a hot minute. We've watched all our QB's miss that shot. Jimmy, Trey, and Purdy did against the Browns. It felt like FINALLY we hit that shot and oddly enough, it was probably the tightest covered time in the last 10 attempts on that play.
Is Lenoir in the slot and Ambry on the outside an upgrade over Oliver in the slot and Lenoir on the outside? Sure seems like it.
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:
Is Lenoir in the slot and Ambry on the outside an upgrade over Oliver in the slot and Lenoir on the outside? Sure seems like it.

Getting Oliver off the field seems to be an improvement regardless of the setup.

Will depend on Ambry really. Lenoir is what he is. At least if Thomas can be solid outside it will allow Womack and Lenoir to push each other.

oliver is pretty awful, he can't cover slot wrs

our secondary is solid with him off the field
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Well Lenoir is still an issue to me. Still gave up 100 yards for the game. People can pick on him. But you can mitigate one hole in the secondary. 2 becomes a mighty big task.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Well Lenoir is still an issue to me. Still gave up 100 yards for the game. People can pick on him. But you can mitigate one hole in the secondary. 2 becomes a mighty big task.

Lenoir is fine.

Originally posted by libertyforever:
Lenoir is fine.

One of those stats that can change very quickly depending on the matchup. Now that Oliver isn't out there he will become a focal point.
Lenoir is fine.

One of those stats that can change very quickly depending on the matchup. Now that Oliver isn't out there he will become a focal point.

If he sucks, he would already have been exposed. He has been playing with a solid safety, opposite of Mooney. Fred and Greenlaw at LB. I worried much more about Ambry than Lenoir.

If he sucks, he would already have been exposed. He has been playing with a solid safety, opposite of Mooney. Fred and Greenlaw at LB. I worried much more about Ambry than Lenoir.

I don't see giving up 100 yards last week paired with shoddy tackling as solid.

I don't see giving up 100 yards last week paired with shoddy tackling as solid.

I don't think looking a the stat for one week means much. Why not look at the whole season?

You could have looked at solely the Bengals game and conclude our whole defense is not talented.
I don't think looking a the stat for one week means much. Why not look at the whole season?

You could have looked at solely the Bengals game and conclude our whole defense is not talented.

Which game should I be impressed by? Only reason he doesn't have a TD against him is he PI'd Addison in the endzone. Bad PI vs the Giants. Fell down vs the Browns leading to their biggest play. Consistently beaten by the Rams receivers. Yah not seeing a season worth of good play.

Below average starter who can be improved upon. Lets see him and Womack compete inside.

Which game should I be impressed by? Only reason he doesn't have a TD against him is he PI'd Addison in the endzone. Bad PI vs the Giants. Fell down vs the Browns leading to their biggest play. Consistently beaten by the Rams receivers. Yah not seeing a season worth of good play.

Below average starter who can be improved upon. Lets see him and Womack compete inside.

I said he is fine, never said he is a star. Did you read?

Jimmy's version
Share 49ersWebzone