There are 127 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS - 2023 Season Game 10

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS - 2023 Season Game 10

Originally posted by Silky:
I will admit I am one of those fans that criticize and wanted more out of the defense at halftime. I am not complaining about the Bucs per say and how that first half went, but I am thinking about the bigger picture. I am looking down the road at the Seahawks, Eagles, and Ravens coming up. We gave up 14 points, two long TD drives again. If we play like we did against the Bucs, the Eagles will easily be in the 20's. I'm praying we can hold the Eagles and Ravens offenses down, but they need to figure out these defensive lapses. The quick passes, screens, runs up the gut were killing us. Eagles and Ravens will toy with our defense if we keep making that stuff available to them.

Thats not how the NFL works though. You can't say "we gave up 14 to the bucs, that equals 35 to the eagles!" Last year we put up many good performances against good teams, and then Jason stidham or whatever his name was with the raiders torched us. You never know and even if we shut out the bucs that doesn't mean s**t when we play the eagles/ravens/etc
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
With all the money and time they've spent on the defense. I expect more. Good is okay but I want great. Look at all the high draft picks and key free agents on this D. They should be dominating like the 1985 Bears.

Expect more than what?

ppg we are doing better than last year
Turnovers we are getting more than last year
yards we are allowing the same as last year

so im asking what are you expecting? A madden level defense against rookie mode?
Us to be so good they make up a 0 rank?
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
With all the money and time they've spent on the defense. I expect more. Good is okay but I want great. Look at all the high draft picks and key free agents on this D. They should be dominating like the 1985 Bears.

Expect more than what?

ppg we are doing better than last year
Turnovers we are getting more than last year
yards we are allowing the same as last year

so im asking what are you expecting? A madden level defense against rookie mode?
Us to be so good they make up a 0 rank?

I'd personally like to see us clean up third down. If we can do that - we will be in the "great" catagory.
Share 49ersWebzone