There are 138 users in the forums

KS Scheme only talk please

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
How come we never see CMC and Mitchell or CMC and Mason in on the same play?

Actually we have.

Yeah we have seen it one time and was highly successful. Posters also have mentioned putting mcaffrey in the slot and another back in the backfield.

Basically if you put mcaffrey somewhere unexpected he's instantly draws attention and creates confusion.

Have not seen that either.

His scheme basically boils down to only two things put the world on brocks shoulders with 20th ranked oline protecting him or feed mcaffrey the ball and hope other teams don't force him inside.

This plus a jet sweep to deebo within the first 3 plays of the game which we have now seen two games in a row.

This year is way worse than years past because now he is just leaning on Brock or mcaffrey to bail him out for lack of creativity. We used to be able to rush 150+ yards and just grind a team down.

Posters just don't want to accept we run maybe 1 or 2 creative plays a game. Plays that make you say "that was a sweet design". And I'm not talking about those single high safety blow ups like the mcaffrey foot race or the throw to ayuik where it's just bad defense.
#1 in YPA
#1 in completion %
#1 in first down %
#3 Total YPG
#7 in passing yards
#1 in QB rating (not even close)
#3 in 20+ yards plays
#6 in rushing yards
#8 YPC
#5 rushing first down %

#4 in PPG (0.2 shy of #3)

We're 27th in passing attempts per game, yet are top in basically every major passing category. That's insane as far as efficiency goes.

If anything the running attack as "dropped" but the passing is great, and that's what a lot of us have been b***hing about. We now have a QB able to elevate the offense and make big plays.

Great scheme, will buy again.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Nov 20, 2023 at 6:10 PM ]
UNTIL he wins one, his GIMMICK offense will be listed with the likes of Air Coryell... Run n Shoot.. and K-Gun !!
Originally posted by 9moon:
UNTIL he wins one, his GIMMICK offense will be listed with the likes of Air Coryell... Run n Shoot.. and K-Gun !!

thats not how it works
[ Edited by ritz126 on Nov 21, 2023 at 5:49 AM ]
Kyle's scheme wasn't figured out in those losses. The D wasn't getting stops so the O couldn't get anything going. Poor field position and playing from behind aren't part of a winning formula.
What Kyle needs to do is get his head out of his ass and focus on pass protection.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Kyle's scheme wasn't figured out in those losses. The D wasn't getting stops so the O couldn't get anything going. Poor field position and playing from behind aren't part of a winning formula.

Agreed. We lose games because of basic stuff: dumbass penalties on both sides of the ball, missing field goals, 0-blitzing Cousins with 7 secs before halftime etc.

Kyle's offense is fine.
Well, ignoring the fact that our best lineman and one of our most versatile players were out for those losses is kind of a glaring omission. Still and all, Shanny himself admitted he didn't make any adjustments when he lost Deebo. bad coaching. Wilks' coaching should be even more under fire. His vanilla 4-man rush is being picked up by good O lines. No stunting, no moving of players around, and the LBs in the Minn game and Cincy game were playing too deep. We ususally fly to the ball on short passes, but we were in chase mode all those games. and even in the TB game. He did adjust some in the 2nd half.

I have more of a problem with the horrible breakdown of the offense, defense, and special teams in that Tampa Bay game. The 49ers got 1 first down in the 4th quarter among two 3-and-outs, a turnover on downs, and 3 punts. The defense gave up a 6 play TD drive, a 17 play drive that ended in a turnover on downs, and the 51 yard punt return that set up the pick in the end zone. So, TB had a shot to score 21 points in the 4th quarter. We had the usual trip over our dicks scenario while leaning heavily on the defense.

And, gee this hasn't happend before, has it?

So, 2/3 of the NFL runs a gimmick offense. Do you have a point?
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
What Kyle needs to do is get his head out of his ass and focus on pass protection.

Well, the O line problems point to how little the front office regards O linemen. We let Tomlinson and Brunskill go without really doing much to compensate for that. McGlinchey's replacement has actually worked out, and even Feliciano is doing well instead of Banls, but a competent backup for Trent would be nice. Getting more depth on the line would be nice. You'd think that with a rookie QB back there, they'd want to spend some draft capital on protecting Brock.

Then again, this team never seems to draft all that much for O line or CB depth. And their track record in rounds 1-3 is pretty abysmal.
[ Edited by Unca_Chuck on Nov 21, 2023 at 1:29 PM ]

Originally posted by Unca_Chuck:
Originally posted by Eddie_D:

Well, the O line problems point to how little the front office regards O linemen. We let Tomlinson and Brunskill go without really doing much to compensate for that. McGlinchey's replacement has actually worked out, and even Feliciano is doing well instead of Banls, but a competent backup for Trent would be nice. Getting more depth on the line would be nice. You'd think that with a rookie QB back there, they'd want to spend some draft capital on protecting Brock.

Then again, this team never seems to draft all that much for O line or CB depth. And their track record in rounds 1-3 is pretty abysmal.

Tomlinson was allowed to leave because of money. The perception at the time if I recall was that the money would be better spent on a corner, Ward. Tomlinson got offered over $40m and I am not sure he was anywhere near good enough for that.

How little the front office regard O linemen? Really? Actually it is only the inner positions they aren't prepared to overspend for. Trent Williams is on a generous contract and we have spent a 1st round pick on a tackle not that long ago. I would like to see some more draft investment in the O line, across the board, but we will have to see.

I don't agree that our early draft record is abysmal, or anywhere near it, although our later picks have a good record. Recent early picks include Brown who looked very promising against Tampa, Banks, Aiyuk Bosa, Deebo and Warner. Perhaps your expectations are simply too high. Those picks together with the excellent collection of late picks and the trade/FA work with veteran players, such as Chase Young, Christian McCaffrey, Jason Hargrave and Charvarius Ward makes for a pretty good record.
Originally posted by English:
Tomlinson was allowed to leave because of money. The perception at the time if I recall was that the money would be better spent on a corner, Ward. Tomlinson got offered over $40m and I am not sure he was anywhere near good enough for that.

How little the front office regard O linemen? Really? Actually it is only the inner positions they aren't prepared to overspend for. Trent Williams is on a generous contract and we have spent a 1st round pick on a tackle not that long ago. I would like to see some more draft investment in the O line, across the board, but we will have to see.

I don't agree that our early draft record is abysmal, or anywhere near it, although our later picks have a good record. Recent early picks include Brown who looked very promising against Tampa, Banks, Aiyuk Bosa, Deebo and Warner. Perhaps your expectations are simply too high. Those picks together with the excellent collection of late picks and the trade/FA work with veteran players, such as Chase Young, Christian McCaffrey, Jason Hargrave and Charvarius Ward makes for a pretty good record.

Are you kidding? Reuben Foster, Solly Thomas, Jalen Hurd, Joe WIlliams, Dante Pettis, Javon Kinlaw, Trey Sermon, Danny Grey, Davis-Price, and the cherry on top Trey Lance are all 1-3 round washouts.

Of their 7 picks in the 1st round since 2017, they have TWO starters. Bosa and Aiyuk. That isn't good. The Trey Lance debacle would have gotten most GM's fired.

Their saving grace IS their late-round success. They've done MUCH better in round 5 than round 1 historically. 1st round pick starters – 2 – Bosa, Aiyuk (McGlinchey starting for Denver)

1st round pick starters – 2 – Bosa, Aiyuk
2nd round pick starters – 2 – Banks, Deebo
3rd round pick starters – 2 – Fred Warner, Moody
4th round pick starters – 2 – Burford, Wishnowski
5th round pick starters – 5 – Kittle, McKivitz, Greenlaw, Lenoir, Hufanga (honorable mention DJ Reed)
6th round pick starters – 1 – Mitchell
7th round pick starters – 1 – Purdy (honorable mention to Jauan Jennings and DJ Jones)
[ Edited by Unca_Chuck on Nov 21, 2023 at 3:08 PM ]

So, 2/3 of the NFL runs a gimmick offense. Do you have a point?

do you NOT understand the point? ur NOT serious... are YOU??

Are you kidding? Reuben Foster, Solly Thomas, Jalen Hurd, Joe WIlliams, Dante Pettis, Javon Kinlaw, Trey Sermon, Danny Grey, Davis-Price, and the cherry on top Trey Lance are all 1-3 round washouts.

Of their 7 picks in the 1st round since 2017, they have TWO starters. Bosa and Aiyuk. That isn't good. The Trey Lance debacle would have gotten most GM's fired.

Their saving grace IS their late-round success. They've done MUCH better in round 5 than round 1 historically. 1st round pick starters – 2 – Bosa, Aiyuk (McGlinchey starting for Denver)

5th round pick starters – 5 – Kittle, McKivitz, Greenlaw, Lenoir, Hufanga (honorable mention DJ Reed)
7th round pick starters – 1 – Purdy (honorable mention to Jauan Jennings and DJ Jones)

No I am not kidding. You seem to have delusions about expectations.The draft is a lottery. If we were struggling in the middle or lower part of the NFL then maybe, just maybe the focus might fall on it.

Ask yourself why there was not even a rumble about sacking John Lynch for the Lance drafting.

Oh and maybe you should check which round Joe Williams was taken in.

No I am not kidding. You seem to have delusions about expectations.The draft is a lottery. If we were struggling in the middle or lower part of the NFL then maybe, just maybe the focus might fall on it.

Ask yourself why there was not even a rumble about sacking John Lynch for the Lance drafting.

Oh and maybe you should check which round Joe Williams was taken in.

i would argue our early drafting is pretty good maybe slightly above average

we don't have one of the most talented rosters because of bad drafting
Share 49ersWebzone