There are 235 users in the forums

49ERS vs SEAHAWKS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 14

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ERS vs SEAHAWKS Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Week 14

• Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I wonder playing Geno Smith Thanksgiving kinda prepared the defense against Hurts and the Eagles. They are both very mobile qb that can beat you outside the pocket. Now they have Geno, Murray, and Lamar Jackson. Playing against mobile QBs since Thanksgiving

Yeah, the success our line had was huge, because we'll need similar gameplans for Murray and Jackson. They're a lot more shifty than Hurts, but the overall idea of rushing fewer players, maintaining lanes, and keeping them in the pocket as much as possible is definitely the way forward.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I wonder playing Geno Smith Thanksgiving kinda prepared the defense against Hurts and the Eagles. They are both very mobile qb that can beat you outside the pocket. Now they have Geno, Murray, and Lamar Jackson. Playing against mobile QBs since Thanksgiving

Yeah, the success our line had was huge, because we'll need similar gameplans for Murray and Jackson. They're a lot more shifty than Hurts, but the overall idea of rushing fewer players, maintaining lanes, and keeping them in the pocket as much as possible is definitely the way forward.

We used that plan on Murray the last time we played him (2021) to great effect.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Huge piece of s**t and even bigger piece of s**t trade. Nothing wrong with her either, Adam's just mentally soft.

I loved that trade for SEA because Adams sucks whenever he isn't blitzing.

And then to tie up the cap with a big extension 🤌🏼
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Gong to game. 8 rows up from Seahawks bench. Geno will hear me all game.

If Carroll throws his gum out there, make sure to throw it back at him
This talk about gum reminds me when Ditka threw a big wad into the stands and if remember it hit some lady and she wanted to press charges on him for assault. Anyway it was pretty funny back then. The Bears lost 23-0 on Christmas Eve. It was Buddy Ryan's 46 defense at the time. Good old days LOL
Originally posted by DrEll:
Here's what we want / need for the upcoming weeks.

SF beats Seattle
Dallas beats Philadelphia
SF now owns number 1 seed (head to head over Phil)

Next week.

SF beats Arizona at Arizona
Philadelphia loses to Seattle at Seattle
Dallas loses to Buffalo at Buffalo

Now we have a one game lead over both Dallas and Philly which is essence a 2 game lead because we own head to head matchups. With 3 weeks left in the season (Baltimore, Washington, and LA). Win 2/3 and we lock the one seed
Don't forget about the Lions. They are right there and I think have the easiest schedule!! But I like your winning scenario
All we need is Dallas to win Sunday night and then for the 49ers to do their job and win football games and not see another L hit the schedule until late next season.
Originally posted by genus49:
All we need is Dallas to win Sunday night and then for the 49ers to do their job and win football games and not see another L hit the schedule until late next season.

easy peasy

then we celebrate our 6th lombardi
The Ravens game will not be easy either way. Let's not take that game for granted.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
The Ravens game will not be easy either way. Let's not take that game for granted.

I mean, we can't take any game for granted. The divisional games alone, you never know how those are going to go. Teams always seem to play divisional rivals much tighter.

But yeah, the Ravens are going to be tough. A ton of power rankings have them as the best AFC team right now.

Ravens are top 7 in offensive yards and in points. They are also arguably the best defense in the NFL. #2 in yards allowed and #1 in ppg.

they barely beat the freakin chargers

i'm not worried
5 of our 12 games this season have come against top 10 scoring defenses. We are 3-2 against those teams. In those games we have scored an average of +6.9 points over our opponents average allowed. But we were missing Trent and Deebo in those 2 losses against those top 10 scoring defenses.

When looking at the numbers against teams we beat, we scored an average of +11.4 points over our opponents average allowed.

In our 3 losses this season we scored an average of -4.1 points over opponents average allowed. When you are missing your best pass protector who protects your QB's blind side and your short yardage YAC monster that can eleviate some of that pressure it makes it really tough to play QB.

Our offense when healthy can score on anyone. Our defense has held 3 top 10 scoring offenses to a total of 32 points (10 ppg). If we can stay healthy I am 💯% confident we win the SB this year.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Dec 5, 2023 at 2:05 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers got four birds in a row holy s**t!!!

Eagles
Seahawks
Cardinals
Ravens

Clip those f**kin wings!!!! I hate birds they crap all over the place!!!
That is the key..stay healthy 🙏
49ers healthy seem like an unstoppable force.
49ers have released TDP.
Share 49ersWebzone