There are 141 users in the forums

Week 14 vs SEA Seahawks Coaches Film Analysis thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
In a perfect world, I'd be able to do it for every game but a pace like this about kills me.

I got the film at 2 PM on Monday, it took me 16 hours of work to put this video together and I released it at 2:15 PM Tuesday. I slept a total of 5 1/2 hours to get it all in and the family. Been working on a Purdy video for a further 6 hours today and will have another 4-5 hours of editing still to go and have to squeeze in 35 hours at work wed-fri and a further 5 on Sunday and it's just over a week before Xmas and haven't been able to do hardly any shopping for my kids yet due to time. It's getting rough 😩

Dude! Well, be assured that your efforts are very much appreciated.
Originally posted by English:
In a perfect world, I'd be able to do it for every game but a pace like this about kills me.

I got the film at 2 PM on Monday, it took me 16 hours of work to put this video together and I released it at 2:15 PM Tuesday. I slept a total of 5 1/2 hours to get it all in and the family. Been working on a Purdy video for a further 6 hours today and will have another 4-5 hours of editing still to go and have to squeeze in 35 hours at work wed-fri and a further 5 on Sunday and it's just over a week before Xmas and haven't been able to do hardly any shopping for my kids yet due to time. It's getting rough 😩

Dude! Well, be assured that your efforts are very much appreciated.

x2

It was good to see Kinlaw and Davis popping up so often. The depth those guys are providing will do us well into the playoffs when teams are getting tired.
Originally posted by thl408:
The amount of coverage disguises is a big difference with rookie safeties from their college defenses. This is one aspect that could have taken a step back with a rookie at safety once Huf was out. I'm glad Wilks is not backing down with the disguises. Lock should have caught on that the 49ers would always cloud over DK.
Kinlaw's game is looking better and it makes his early injuries such a bummer. Him becoming a stout run stopper will be key to this defense. Taking snap counts away from the two main DTs will pay off in the 4th quarter.

Thanks for breaking this game up into defense and offense. You can also see any gameplan adjustments made when it's broken up this way.

All good. Curious, what is the least enjoyable part of the entire process? For sure not the film watching part. Maybe the voice recording part? Your clear narration makes me think you are sometimes re-recording parts if it's ever unclear. When I use to cut up plays with pics and gifs, I found the least enjoyable part making the arrows on routes. Thanks for putting in the extra effort this week in making two vids.

Now that we've seen many more weeks of Wilks' defense, do you notice anything that stands out being very different from Ryans' scheme? The main difference I see is more man coverage calls. And so as a whole, Wilks is mixing up calls more throughout the course of a game by calling more man than Ryans. The blitzing seems to have tapered off from earlier this season. As for the playcalls themselves, I don't notice too much difference. Good mix of various zones (similar to Ryans) with more man coverage when compared to Ryans.

RE voice recording. Oh yeah, I'm cutting a ton of flubs and stumbles out. For a 22 min video usually there's 5 minutes of mess ups and the mic picking up loud breathing that I'm cutting out cause the mic is so sensitive.

Least enjoyable? The slog of editing. When I'm 3 hours in and still have 8 plays to go it gets rough. Partly because I'm usually trying so hard to get it out as soon as possible because time after the game is a depreciating value for content. So, it means hours of no breaks.
You are truly our hero Ferris Bueller. Thank you so much for all the sacrifices you make. I can't thank you enough for all the stress, anxiety and time given up my friend YOU'RE MY BOY BLUEEEEE!
Hey mods... Petition to have Jonnydel's Youtube videos and channel posted on the Webzone front page.
49er fans need to see less Grant Cohn and more of Jonnydel's stuff. Let's get our fanbase more educated.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Hey mods... Petition to have Jonnydel's Youtube videos and channel posted on the Webzone front page.
49er fans need to see less Grant Cohn and more of Jonnydel's stuff. Let's get our fanbase more educated.

that's a good idea. jd, you're cool with that? Pretty sure it will get a number of more subs to your channel.
RE voice recording. Oh yeah, I'm cutting a ton of flubs and stumbles out. For a 22 min video usually there's 5 minutes of mess ups and the mic picking up loud breathing that I'm cutting out cause the mic is so sensitive.

Least enjoyable? The slog of editing. When I'm 3 hours in and still have 8 plays to go it gets rough. Partly because I'm usually trying so hard to get it out as soon as possible because time after the game is a depreciating value for content. So, it means hours of no breaks.

There are some pro workflow tweaks that could help a bit. Top and tail editing, trim editing, custom workspaces, deep use of keyboard shortcuts, macros, templates. If you really dig into the workflow tools of your NLE, I'd be suprised if you can't (with practice) shave off around a third of your editing time.

that's a good idea. jd, you're cool with that? Pretty sure it will get a number of more subs to your channel.

Im cool with it. Webbie reached out before the season for writing on the site and including links and stuff I just don't have enough time to write on top of everything.
Originally posted by joeknows:

There are some pro workflow tweaks that could help a bit. Top and tail editing, trim editing, custom workspaces, deep use of keyboard shortcuts, macros, templates. If you really dig into the workflow tools of your NLE, I'd be suprised if you can't (with practice) shave off around a third of your editing time.

Oh I know all those. Still takes a good while. For example, some plays require 10-12 stills with drawing added in. So cutting, grabbing screenshots, putting back in and the timing is about 15-20 min per play or about 1-1:30 of a video.

So, for a video like my defensive review, it was 30 plays in, thats about 7 hours of editing.

I'm sure everyone here appreciates the work you put in for the videos, but I would say don't over do it just for our sake. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you or any of our posters here health wise. Just my 2 cents.

Im cool with it.

Originally posted by NCommand:

Im cool with it.

If they did that, I might actually go to the front page.
Hey JD, to lessen a bit of theinitial work load and (from what i hear from others) youtubes more regular upload preference. Though not sure how two 10min videos over one 20min video will effect your sponsored ads.

have you considered 2 shorter videos? Maybe even 3 with one coming out

Monday night of just you for a few minutes talking about some players for either team that stood out but won't be in a breakdown? No major editing or play art, almost a livestream, or maybe just a 10 minute livestream( whatever the algorithm wants "I'm the algorithm, gotta love me")
Tuesday your offensive video(because offense sells and the time value)
Wednesday the defense.

Again not sure if that format would help that early week burn, but maybe make that 1st video easier to get out.
Share 49ersWebzone