There are 188 users in the forums

Is Christian McCaffrey the best Rb ever to wear a 9er uniform?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Christian McCaffrey the best Rb ever to wear a 9er uniform?

In this moment, yes. If he can do this for 4 more years, then he will be the best of all time.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Most talented... No question.

Best... Is Gore for the time being due to longevity.

It could be argued that Gore's 2006 season was the best ever for a 49er RB considering the team he had around him and only threat.

I feel like CMC has better breakaway ability, but Gore was a bit better between the tackles and short yardage.

But damn, CMC is pretty damn impressive.
I would say CMC is the best overall back ever to wear the red and gold: running, pass pro, blocking, receiving. Hard to top Gore as an inside zone one cut runner, but CMC is pretty good at it too.
Gore carried the niners during the darkest eras we've ever known. How can you even compare that to CMC surrounded by one of the greatest rosters of all time.

SHAME ON YALL! GORE IS THE BEST EVER, PERIOD.

end this fkn thread.
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Dec 13, 2023 at 8:29 AM ]
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Gore carried the niners during the darkest eras we've ever known. How can you even compare that to CMC surrounded by one of the greatest rosters of all time.

end this fkn thread.

You're being emotional
Originally posted by mattster03:

end this fkn thread.

You're being emotional

hard not to get worked up thinking about the sacrifices gore made, he was like the only light of hope during the darkest times

he never had a kyle jusczyk or kittle or a goat LT paving the for him, yet he never complained!

meanwhile CMC over here playing with a mind boggling roster of GOATS for 2 years straight and all of a sudden he's the greatest niner RB of all time, WHAT IN THE FKN FCK?!
yes
You have to define your terms
I think CMC > Gore
as a player
Gore certainly did more for SF due to the years put in
we are talking two HOF RBs

If I needed a yard I would take Gore
hard not to get worked up thinking about the sacrifices gore made, he was like the only light of hope during the darkest times

he never had a kyle jusczyk or kittle or a goat LT paving the for him, yet he never complained!

meanwhile CMC over here playing with a mind boggling roster of GOATS for 2 years straight and all of a sudden he's the greatest niner RB of all time, WHAT IN THE FKN FCK?!

You act like Gore had a crappy team around him his entire career. .During the Harbaugh years he had a good team and speaking of left tackles he had Joe Staley the majority of his career. Put some respect next to Staley's name!!! And CMC played on some crappy Panther teams prior to coming here.

Gore is a better pure RB but CMC is better all around.
Frank Gore would've been filthy in this scheme. He's the best runner this team has ever had, and it's not even close. That said CMC is just so all around good. He's a HOF caliber runner and a guy that can catch passes like a WR. If I'm starting a player in a must win game, I probably give the edge to CMC due to his versatility and what defenses need to do to respect his ability to play all over the field.

Originally posted by miked1978:

You act like Gore had a crappy team around him his entire career. .During the Harbaugh years he had a good team and speaking of left tackles he had Joe Staley the majority of his career. Put some respect next to Staley's name!!! And CMC played on some crappy Panther teams prior to coming here.

u serious? staley is NOT trent williams, this convo ends there.
only thing CMC lacks is total break away finishing speed, not sure what his 40 is but I'm guessing low 4.5 to high 4.4

Larry Allen was pretty good.
Originally posted by miked1978:

No but he was pretty dang good hence the multiple pro bowls and all pro selections.
Damn, Gore the best the 9ers ever had, I wouldn't say that. Based solely on some of the backs we've had, Joe Perry, Hugh McElhenny, Roger Craig, Tom Rathman, etc. I know Craig is marred cause the fumble against the Giants, but he was the first RB in NFL history to post 1000 yds both rushing & receiving.
Share 49ersWebzone