LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 109 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at ARIZONA CARDINALS - 2023 Season Game 14

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at ARIZONA CARDINALS - 2023 Season Game 14

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Lot's of teams look like that. The question is will they ever look like the Niners do now?

Not a marquee franchise and city…Cardinals go thru their cycle of building up to being good every 5-6 years, make a playoff run or two, then the weight of trying to sustain it against 3 larger market teams in the NFCW bursts their bubble and it comes crashing down. Rinse and repeat.
Just wanna say..I love Victory Mondays 🍺
I was absolutely shocked at the 49ers fan turnout. I expected a lot of 49ers fans, but I had maybe 5 Cards fans within eyesight of my seats two of which were sitting right next to us, and saw maybe 2-3 dozen all day. It sounded during the game like maybe a 2/3 to 1/3 split 49ers vs Cards fans.

I met soo many cool people. I've been super critical of 49ers fans in the past, but yesterday squashed all that. It was nothing but love from knowledgeable fans all day and for several hours after the game.
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 18, 2023 at 1:53 PM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
1 penalty in the entire game

I think AR only had 5. I like those games where the officials aren't blowing the whistle every other play.

Hopefully that was the message sent to the referee crews after the winter meetings in Dallas this past week.

-don't make the game about you
-don't be the deciding factor in a game's outcome
-if it's egregious, call it; if you have think about it, let it be.

looks like the refs let the team play yesterday. Would be interesting to know the stats from the entire day, and compare it to previous weeks.
[ Edited by BrockIsHim on Dec 18, 2023 at 2:20 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
I was absolutely shocked at the 49ers fan turnout. I expected a lot of 49ers fans, but I had maybe 5 Cards fans within eyesight of my seats two of which were sitting right next to us, and saw maybe 2-3 dozen all day. It sounded during the game like maybe a 2/3 to 1/3 split 49ers vs Cards fans.

I met soo many cool people. I've been super critical of 49ers fans in the past, but yesterday squashed all that. It was nothing but love from knowledgeable fans all day and for several hours after the game.

It's night and day when comparing home games to road games as far as fans go. The wife and I go to at least one road game a year and the away crowds are always on point. Even in down seasons the fans still travel as good as any team in the league.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
It's night and day when comparing home games to road games as far as fans go. The wife and I go to at least one road game a year and the away crowds are always on point. Even in down seasons the fans still travel as good as any team in the league.

49ers away crowds know to STFU when the 49ers are on offense.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Link isn't working for me but as we decided earlier

Levis field - Home
Levis SouthWest - Los Angeles
Levis SouthEast - Phoenix
Levis North - Seattle
Levis East - Philly 😈

2nd time I've seen Arizona described as "southeast" (the other instance being on the Reddit Niners sub). Yes, I know it's based on directional orientation to SF/Santa Clara, but when I read/hear "Southeast" + Levi's (with no mention of what city it's referring to) I immediately think of somewhere in Florida or Georgia….NOT Arizona. Whereas AZ is a desert, "southwest" in my head immediately connotes deserts, cactuses, etc. basically Vegas, Arizona and New Mexico. I've never connected anything "southeast" to Arizona whatsoever lol

TL;DR any nicknames for "home away from home" stadium should be based on overall US geographical orientation, not what direction it is from the actual Levi's in Santa Clara.

Well what would you call you it? Lll can't have two Levi south's.lol

i guess it could be Levis South #2? Lol
Originally posted by WINiner:

I've always viewed it as if someone is traveling in to the see the niners, they're a real fan. Not a casual one. They also aren't there as a "social event".

it's a different atmosphere when you're surrounded by hardcore fans that really know the team instead of people just doing something on the weekend.
Ravens are #1 in yards per pass attempt allowed, and tied with us for 18th in yards per rush.

Hmm..

49 Hours: Locking Down the NFC West in Arizona
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Dec 22, 2023 at 1:22 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Ravens are #1 in yards per pass attempt allowed, and tied with us for 18th in yards per rush.

Hmm..
have you see their schedule and the QBs they played against ?
3 turnovers down by 1. We could easily be destroying them right now.
Pretty soft so far on this drive
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
3 turnovers down by 1. We could easily be destroying them right now.

Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Pretty soft so far on this drive

LOL
Share 49ersWebzone