LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Biggest Brock_STAR Montana Purdy hater of them all?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Biggest Brock_STAR Montana Purdy hater of them all?

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Trey and Jimmy.

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Trey and Jimmy.

3rd quarter. Hurts 13/20 97 yards. We would've trashed them if Brock hadn't gotten hurt
Originally posted by DrEll:
3rd quarter. Hurts 13/20 97 yards. We would've trashed them if Brock hadn't gotten hurt

Yep, I've been saying that since NFC Champ Game. And our D would have eaten an injured Mahomes alive. But we trashed the Eagles later, so
[ Edited by Montana on Dec 20, 2023 at 12:14 PM ]
Originally posted by DrEll:
Trey and Jimmy.

Might of even had a chance if Josh Johnson didn't get hurt as well. A small chance but at least we could of still been able to throw the ball.
Trey and Jimmy.

I don't see any explanation of this that gives me reason to remain fond of Jimmy G. Lance I will give him more of a pass because I think he was a bit lost out there, young, naive, and perhaps drawn into trying to look good in front of the veteran.
Where's the-- All crying Cowboys and Eagles fans option
Originally posted by joeknows:
I don't see any explanation of this that gives me reason to remain fond of Jimmy G. Lance I will give him more of a pass because I think he was a bit lost out there, young, naive, and perhaps drawn into trying to look good in front of the veteran.

My personal opinion is people are reading way too much into a couple sideline shots.

Obviously teammates are generally going to speak highly of each other in public, but the Jimmy locker room love always seemed authentic. The idea that he would be happy with the team struggling, or losing, on a huge stage is way too far a leap for me.
I would've added Eric Mangina and Mina Kimes.

My vote goes for vote Nick Wrong, based on the options.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
going back to the Cam takes, and ppl may think of this what they will, but I liked Cam Newton. He had maybe the most dominant college season of all time, then 1 overall and threw for 4 bills game 1, and then another 4 bills game 2. This was passing. He was a really good deep ball QB, helped to have Steve Smith as well.

He probably looks at Brock and thinks this guy couldn't do have the stuff I did from an athletic standpoint, so that's where the comments come in. Hard to say he is wrong, Brock can't just go out there and be an athlete and win games. He has to study, know the plays, execute the O, play with anticipation, read it pre and post snap, etc. Some guys can just go out there and athletically dominate, like a rookie Randy Moss. So I don't hold that against anybody

Cam was a great athlete playing qb, and it couldn't be hidden once his body started to go at age 30. He was never a great QB, Brock is already better than Cam at the most important aspects of the game. Cam had one impressive year, two decent years, and eight years of just plain old 💩 play. He never put back to back good years on tape. I'd have no problem with him calling Purdy a game manager if he hadn't meant it to be pejorative towards the players he mentioned. All of whom are better at playing the position than Cam. He just came across as salty, which I understand, but find a little sad with how transparent it is.

Ruiz over Wright because putting it all in writing with bad analysis is worse than being a TV blowhard, IMO.
[ Edited by captveg on Dec 20, 2023 at 2:32 PM ]
You're missing that whole panel of that show featuring lessen McCoy and that joy chick. Big time haters
I don't even follow Nick Wrong, but to think he's getting #1 over Ruiz, good grief, he must be terrible
Trey and Jimmy.

I felt like Jimmy was a total douche that game. Every time you saw him in the TV shot he was laughing or looking happy.
It's poetic justice imo that now Jimmy is just a failed side note while Brock is the talk of the league.
Missing Kyle Shanahan from the list.
Share 49ersWebzone