LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Biggest Brock_STAR Montana Purdy hater of them all?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Biggest Brock_STAR Montana Purdy hater of them all?

Originally posted by Ark49er:
I have a question for you all? Who will be the next stiff competition for the MVP with Brock Purdy after he has a better and winning performance than this week's MVP "flavor the week" Lamar Jackson?

I've been thinking about it all week as Brock keeps on putting together high level games every week. The guys the media has pumped to be more deserving than Brock Purdy have been Patrick Mahomes, Tua Tagovailoa, Dak Prescott, Jalen Hurts, Tyrek Hill, Prescott(Again), CMC, and now Lamar Jackson.

Those are a lot of guys that weekly get put up or pumped up by the majority of the National talking heads to be more deserving than Purdy despite what the film, stats, and Richard Sherman says about the whole MVP discussion. Maybe it's Jared Goff's turn should the Lions win at Minnesota with an impressive offensive output and Goff has 300+ yards and 3+ TDs.

If we win it'll be whoever wins between Tua and Dak.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I don't even follow Nick Wrong, but to think he's getting #1 over Ruiz, good grief, he must be terrible

I think the voting results so far is partly due to many of us (myself included) also being GS Warriors fans. Nick Wright is a big Lebron fan and Warriors hater.
[ Edited by _emanuel_ on Dec 21, 2023 at 10:37 AM ]
I had a listen to today's Ringer podcast with our favourite s**t stirrers while I was preparing dinner. It's a great laugh. The mental gymnastics these people will go to. They will tie themselves up in knots.

The gist of the show is that the MVP criterion is what happens to the team if you remove the candidate. Then they explain how CMC is this incredible expander of Shanahan's offense and without him Purdy wouldn't be able to get so much production. Therefore the MVP is...

Josh Allen.

O-kay.

Apparently the Bills are incredibly s**tty, and they're a one man team, so remove Allen and it all goes to the toilet. It's obvious that they're so bad because their record is bad, even with Allen. He saves them. Circular argument anyone?
[ Edited by paulk205 on Dec 21, 2023 at 10:03 AM ]
Originally posted by _emanuel_:
I don't even follow Nick Wrong, but to think he's getting #1 over Ruiz, good grief, he must be terrible

I think the voting results so far is partly due to many of us (myself included) also being GS Warriors fans. Nick Wright is a big Lebron fan and Warriors hater.

got it,
correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Nick the guy who predicted KC would go 17-0 and they lost TNF to start the season

got it,
correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Nick the guy who predicted KC would go 17-0 and they lost TNF to start the season

All his takes are WRONG. He's never right. He's wrong about football, basketball, College, Pro, whatever. He especially hates Brock Purdy more intensely than almost anyone. That's why he's so annoying. He also knows nothing about football or the plays or film breakdown or analysis. Just yelling, arguing, arrogance, and pre conceived narratives. That's all he does.

got it,

They're all just shock jocks. Wright has admitted before that being wrong is good for business. When he's wrong more people come back to watch him either backtrack or double down. People love to be outraged.

People don't seem to understand that these hot take guys are just choosing opposite sides and saying ridiculous things because it gets fans flustered.

Nick Wright saying "MJ is the greatest to ever play" wouldn't generate any views because its most peoples' opinion. So he goes heavy on the LeBron side of the argument to be controversial.

He probably knows Purdy is really good, so he knows disrespecting him every week will continue to provide controversy, especially from a top 3 sized fanbase.
Originally posted by Niners99:
They're all just shock jocks. Wright has admitted before that being wrong is good for business. When he's wrong more people come back to watch him either backtrack or double down. People love to be outraged.

People don't seem to understand that these hot take guys are just choosing opposite sides and saying ridiculous things because it gets fans flustered.

Nick Wright saying "MJ is the greatest to ever play" wouldn't generate any views because its most peoples' opinion. So he goes heavy on the LeBron side of the argument to be controversial.

He probably knows Purdy is really good, so he knows disrespecting him every week will continue to provide controversy, especially from a top 3 sized fanbase.

Max Kellerman did this when he started saying Brady was about to 'fall off the cliff' in terms of production, in his mid 30s. Had to keep that routine going for like a decade including a bunch of SB wins
Originally posted by Niners99:
They're all just shock jocks.

The shock jocks are not a problem. The problem is journalists who are desperately hanging on to this one little s**tty job that is left out there. Few actual writers can make a real living these days since ESPN etc got rid most of their traditional sportswriters and replaced them with shills who will never say anything that will annoy Disney's partners, or with endless betting and fantasy (same thing) pontificators. So you basically end up with the Athletic, which is great but can't employ everyone, and a bunch of beat writers who are of course biased (either pro or against if they are Cohn). And everyone has to compete with the shouty youtube/podcast world with podcasts and outrageous opinions that will draw clicks.

OK, so don't read them/listen to them. Fine. But as the likes of the Ringer and ESPN have "journalists" they get actual ballots. So, Nora Whatsherface in the Ringer who ties herself in knots to argue in favour of something outrageous (Josh Allen is the MVP despite the repeated catastrophic turnovers, the folding under pressure, etc etc) to compete with the shock crowd actually has a ballot.
Sucks that Purdy's not getting the respect he deserves...
All in all though, we're reached a level of dominance right now that media analysts actually have nothing to really talk about. "Another week, another win for the 49ers."

It feels like the media's pulse right now is "who can threaten the 49ers?" or "Purdy, CMC, or other player for MVP?".
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Sucks that Purdy's not getting the respect he deserves...
All in all though, we're reached a level of dominance right now that media analysts actually have nothing to really talk about. "Another week, another win for the 49ers."

It feels like the media's pulse right now is "who can threaten the 49ers?" or "Purdy, CMC, or other player for MVP?".

it simply doesn't matter, Warner is in the HOF so is Vermeil, you win the chip, you get what's coming to you, it's that straightforward, let the deadbeats pound all around

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Around the horn and PTI used to be appointment tv for me in the 2000s and early 2010s. I don't watch as much any more, but if I'm free while they're on, I'll watch.

The other "hot take" shows with the likes of Skip, Stephen A, Nick Wright, etc are 100% unwatchable. Zero film breakdown, zero knowledgeable analysis. Just shouting and spewing ignorance.

Nick Wright is probably the single biggest clown I have ever seen in sports media. He's a professional lebron knob polisher who is paid by klutch sports.

Yeah Nick WRONG is just horrendous. One of the worse things I've ever seen and no surprise he's winning this poll.

There's one guy on ATH on ESPN that is a huge Brock hater, white dude, not sure his name.

As for PTI, both normal hosts are pro-Brock & 49ers on the show.

Maybe. Bay area hate, etc. I don't care about basketball at all.

I voted Nick because he's the one I see the most of. I don't think I'd heard of Ruiz before that clown started trolling us with his QB rankings.
I'm always confused about why ppl spend so much following ppl they claim to hate. Just so weird to me.
Originally posted by Overkill:

Maybe. Bay area hate, etc. I don't care about basketball at all.

I voted Nick because he's the one I see the most of. I don't think I'd heard of Ruiz before that clown started trolling us with his QB rankings.

I would still never hear of Ruiz if zoners didn't complain about him.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'm always confused about why ppl spend so much following ppl they claim to hate. Just so weird to me.

Some fans enjoy being angry all of the time.
Share 49ersWebzone