49ers explode for 21-point third quarter, then hold on late to take 30-24 win over Cowboys →

There are 353 users in the forums

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Originally posted by ritz126:
I am for resting

id even look into forfeiting the game. Injuries are our biggest concern. The team practices hard i have no concern about rust

NFL knowledge shining bright here.
There are going to be a lot of disappointed 49er fans who voted in this poll. Very disappointed.

Shanahan isn't resting anyone, and will play next week's game as if playoff seeding depended on it.

Sorry. Not sorry.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Looking at the standing the Rams also clinched and i think they are stuck at 6th seed

This may be a backup vs backup game maybe we can just agree on a draw lol

They are not

Depends if Green Bay wins out (tonight and next week)

Rams beat us = 6th seed (Detroit)

Rams loss = 7th seed (@ Philly or more likely @ Dallas)

So now that the Packers have won (unless they put in big dick Nick and he brings the Vikings back) The Rams need to beat us to move from the seventh seed to the sixth seed. Correct?
Originally posted by billbird2111:
There are going to be a lot of disappointed 49er fans who voted in this poll. Very disappointed.

Shanahan isn't resting anyone, and will play next week's game as if playoff seeding depended on it.

Sorry. Not sorry.

I think he already said he was going to rest the wounded and the key starters... But I do agree it's got to be cutting him to the core to do it...
Originally posted by LenCat:
Looking at the standing the Rams also clinched and i think they are stuck at 6th seed

They are not

So now that the Packers have won (unless they put in big dick Nick and he brings the Vikings back) The Rams need to beat us to move from the seventh seed to the sixth seed. Correct?

packers have to win the next game and rams have to lose. A Rams win would keep them at 6th seed no matter what they drop to 7th with a loss and packers win.

They may look at it as would they rather play detriot or Cowboys if i a them i would rather play detriot so they may want to keep the 6th seed
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

Sorry. Not sorry.

I think he already said he was going to rest the wounded and the key starters... But I do agree it's got to be cutting him to the core to do it...

Exact quote from today: "Try to rest some guys but you can't rest everyone."

He followed that up with "full practices on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday."

Bottom line? If starters are healthy enough to play, they play. This is the NFL. There are no "rest weeks" other than the bye week, and that has come and gone.

If CMC can play? CMC starts.

Full News Conference: https://www.49ers.com/video/

They are not

packers have to win the next game and rams have to lose. A Rams win would keep them at 6th seed no matter what they drop to 7th with a loss and packers win.

They may look at it as would they rather play detriot or Cowboys if i a them i would rather play detriot so they may want to keep the 6th seed

So, if the pack win this one, then they will become the seven seed for the week replacing Seattle?
both would be at eight and eight. Al Michaels isn't saying, I have not seen a talking head on the highlights say either way, yet
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

Sorry. Not sorry.

Bottom line? If starters are healthy enough to play, they play. This is the NFL. There are no "rest weeks" other than the bye week, and that has come and gone.

i dont think thats what it means

we may practice but we may be practicing for the playoffs not necessarily for the rams
i dont think thats what it means

we may practice but we may be practicing for the playoffs not necessarily for the rams

OK

They are not

So, if the pack win this one, then they will become the seven seed for the week replacing Seattle?
both would be at eight and eight. Al Michaels isn't saying, I have not seen a talking head on the highlights say either way, yet

yup.

Seattle is also not in control of their destiny they need the packers to lose next week (along with a win)

If they keep CMC out , then we need to rest Trent,Kittle , Purdy,Deebo,Warner,Bosa because they are just as important for us to win a Super Bowl.
[ Edited by Atrain on Dec 31, 2023 at 8:07 PM ]

I agree, I think, with the exception of a few, it will be business as usual for the team next week.
1 seed who cares
I hope players who really haven't seen the field much get a lot of reps like Gray (if able), Womack, Leuter, Day (as a Niner), Mason, etc
49ers at 1:25 on Sunday as predicted
Share 49ersWebzone