There are 221 users in the forums

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Play Allen, not Darnold. Can't afford Darnold getting hurt, he needs to be Purdy's #2 in the playoffs.
I'm gonna email Shanny to sign me for this game so I can live my dream of playing QB for the 49ers. I'll gladly take all the physical punishment so that our starters can get some rest.
Purdy should play the whole game
People say rest over rhythm - until they seem a team come out rusty as hell and start screaming about it. I'd like to see the starters play the first half, but also agree it's concerning - hard to rest the banged up o-line and put Purdy at risk. I doubt CMC plays at all, and sucks he is going to miss out on breaking two franchise records. But needing 158 scrimmage yards and 3 TD's - IF they play him at all, I am sure he won't get that kind of workload.
Originally posted by GLT49ers:

Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

That way the sorry a$$ rams 🐏 will lose. Plus punishment for losing the ravens 🐦‍⬛ game for us.
Sam Darnold time
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Play Allen, not Darnold. Can't afford Darnold getting hurt, he needs to be Purdy's #2 in the playoffs.

Probably Darnold getting some live reps and practice would be good. If Purdy goes down we are tanked. So lets hope he stays healthy. You saw last year right?
I'd rest Purdy, CMC, Kittle, Aiyuk, Deebo, Trent and Banks on offense. Bosa, Hargrave, Armstead, Fred, Dre, Ward, Brown and Lenoir on defense. Everyone else plays. I wouldn't be concerned with rust at all after basically a two week layoff with this team as it is a veteran heavy squad.
[ Edited by ScoutingBall on Dec 31, 2023 at 9:34 PM ]

That way the sorry a$$ rams 🐏 will lose. Plus punishment for losing the ravens 🐦‍⬛ game for us.

Shanny takes great joy at beating McVay so ya nvr know

Rest Trent and CMC 1000%. Bosa should play, he needs to dial in his craft a little more before the playoffs

Shanny takes great joy at beating McVay so ya nvr know

McKay stole his offense when they were in WFT together. Shanay was the OC and McKay was TE coach
Originally posted by TheChozen:
At first I was thinking rest all starters but it does make good sense to get em some game reps next week if some players can go. I do hope they rest the entire bye week. The D looked real good after the bye week so I'm hoping for this same energy level in playoffs.

You can't rest 22 starters
Originally posted by ScoutingBall:
I'd rest Purdy, CMC, Kittle, Aiyuk, Deebo, Trent and Banks on offense. Bosa, Hargrave, Armstead, Fred, Dre, Ward, Brown and Lenoir on defense. Everyone else plays. I wouldn't be concerned with rust at all after basically a two week layoff with this team as it is a veteran heavy squad.

A pretty good list. Remember you can't rest everyone. NFL rosters aren't that big. You have to play some just to fill out a roster and finish the last game. Which is unfortunate. But the reality.
Originally posted by mattster03:
Rest Trent and CMC 1000%. Bosa should play, he needs to dial in his craft a little more before the playoffs

Bosa needs to sit. We absolutely can't have a Bosa injury going into the playoffs. He's played great after a slow start. He's fine.
Share 49ersWebzone