🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by jed_X:
Play a series or two that's it.

Reverse psych the Lambs…3rd stringers start….Stars come in 4th qtr

Darnold can beat them. Heck they almost lost to the Giants
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Rest every starters. This team has been ravaged by injuries for 7 years now.
Let's enjoy this first seed and give a chance to everyone to be healthy for the POs.
The good thing is resting our starters and playing a preseason type game allows us to run a bunch of fluff that won't be relevant in a potential playoff matchup against LA. We won't have to give them a good look at our current team right before the playoffs start.
I dont care about a meaningless game against the rams, its only bragging rights. We need to rest up before we go on this SB run.
I'd like to get Deebo 130yds to reach 1K.not sure Darnold can get him there though.
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by ScoutingBall:
I'd rest Purdy, CMC, Kittle, Aiyuk, Deebo, Trent and Banks on offense. Bosa, Hargrave, Armstead, Fred, Dre, Ward, Brown and Lenoir on defense. Everyone else plays. I wouldn't be concerned with rust at all after basically a two week layoff with this team as it is a veteran heavy squad.

I think rest would be the reverse effect of rustiness for us. We seem tired and banged up. 2 weeks off might rejuvenate us an bring us back to that dominant form we all know and love.

This. Look how we took off after the bye-week. This is a physical team that needs rest.
I don't know the answer to this but could we essentially elevate the whole practice squad? Or is there a limit on how many can be elevated
Sit

Trent
Brock
BA
Deebo
George
CMC

Bosa
Hargrave
Warner
Greenlaw
Ward
Gibson

Limit
Mitchell
Rest of the OL

Chase
Ambry
Lenoir
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Rest Shanny and Wilks too

I wouldn't rest Wilks. If he gets injured, oh well…
Play it like the final preseason game.

No injuries, rest > rust

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Rest CMC, Trent, Kittle, Bosa, Warner and Ward

Hargrave, Fred, AA, Aiyuk, Deebo, Jauan Jennings, Mitchell, Brock Purdy, Banks, Moore, Greenlaw.
Originally posted by Rice-a-Ronnie:
I'd like to get Deebo 130yds to reach 1K.not sure Darnold can get him there though.

Darnold needs to be dropped to #3. Let's see Allen play, imo he's been better when he got a chance to play.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by ScoutingBall:
I'd rest Purdy, CMC, Kittle, Aiyuk, Deebo, Trent and Banks on offense. Bosa, Hargrave, Armstead, Fred, Dre, Ward, Brown and Lenoir on defense. Everyone else plays. I wouldn't be concerned with rust at all after basically a two week layoff with this team as it is a veteran heavy squad.

I think rest would be the reverse effect of rustiness for us. We seem tired and banged up. 2 weeks off might rejuvenate us an bring us back to that dominant form we all know and love.

This. Look how we took off after the bye-week. This is a physical team that needs rest.

Pretty much agree. Walsh ran that '87 team into the ground and was one and done, he did a lot better the next two years - basically resting his players.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by Rice-a-Ronnie:

Darnold needs to be dropped to #3. Let's see Allen play, imo he's been better when he got a chance to play.

I agree with this actually. I do want to see how Allen plays in the regular season. I think it's either Sam or Allen that they will try to retain and let one or the other go. Most likely Sam will be on another bottomfeeding team as a bridge QB until the newly minted rookie QB gets his NFL legs underneath him. Sam will most likely be a starter on one of those bottom feeding teams. For that reason, I'd like to see how Allen plays and see if the 49ers need to go and draft a QB and/or add another free agent QB in the offseason.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

In complete agreement. Rest everyone that you possibly can.

Sounds like a plan!
Share 49ersWebzone