There are 229 users in the forums

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Good chance theyre our first playoff game. As a 6 they got a good chance beating detroit

I think the lions will smoke them

2 good offenses with both teams having pretty bad defenses

i think lions will win too but its definitely not a given. I think cowboys beat rams if they end up playing
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by tatayoyo:
Do The Rams have anything to play for? I believe their place in the bracket is set…they'll probably be in the same logic as the niners: Shaw little, avoid injury and rest their player for the playoff…I think it's better for us that the Rams don't have to compete either.

I think there's a scenario where the packers and Rams can flip flop 6th and 7th seeds.

if rams win they get 6th seed no matter what

If Rams lose and Packers win they flip

7th might be more advantageous, whether it's Dallas or Philly, both are beatable. Dallas because its Dallas and Philly is broken.

Cowboys in Dallas are a completely different team. its only when they go on the road they they turn into a potato.
They didn't look so hot Saturday night at home.
2nd and 3rd stringers should play most of the game. It protects the starters from stupid injuries. But also gives our depth players much needed actual playtime against a team who is still jockeying for seeding for the final spot or a spot above. Nothing compares to actual game play reps.

me watching the nfl the next 2 weeks while everyone else kill each other.
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Jan 1, 2024 at 10:43 AM ]
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

haha 75% of the NFL will be eliminated before we play again
[ Edited by ritz126 on Jan 1, 2024 at 10:47 AM ]

That is awesome
Good chance for Sam Darnold to impress another team for next season.

Haha nice

Originally posted by stonecold590:
2nd and 3rd stringers should play most of the game. It protects the starters from stupid injuries. But also gives our depth players much needed actual playtime against a team who is still jockeying for seeding for the final spot or a spot above. Nothing compares to actual game play reps.

Any word yet on whether McVay will start Stafford, Donald, etc.? it definitely seems like something he would do
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LenCat:

Any word yet on whether McVay will start Stafford, Donald, etc.? it definitely seems like something he would do

They still need a win for the 6th seed otherwise GB gets it with a win, so they have something to play for. 7th seed goes to Dallas who is pretty tough at home.
[ Edited by Disp on Jan 1, 2024 at 12:24 PM ]

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Good chance for Sam Darnold to impress another team for next season.

For sure. I dont think he'll resign with us, considering he'll get 💲💲💲for being a starter on a bottom feeding team and actually play, vs here where he can't.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by LenCat:

They still need a win for the 6th seed otherwise GB gets it with a win, so they have something to play for. 7th seed goes to Dallas who is pretty tough at home.

True but *both* teams have their playoff births already locked up. So I think both teams want to go into the playoffs as healthy as possible.
Oh brother we're still installed by Vegas as 4.5 favorite over Rams. Guess they didn't get the memo Niners clinched #1 seed lol, man that's funny AF.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Oh brother we're still installed by Vegas as 4.5 favorite over Rams. Guess they didn't get the memo Niners clinched #1 seed lol, man that's funny AF.

That means Vegas likes our backups more than theirs
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by tatayoyo:
Do The Rams have anything to play for? I believe their place in the bracket is set…they'll probably be in the same logic as the niners: Shaw little, avoid injury and rest their player for the playoff…I think it's better for us that the Rams don't have to compete either.

I think there's a scenario where the packers and Rams can flip flop 6th and 7th seeds.

if rams win they get 6th seed no matter what

If Rams lose and Packers win they flip

7th might be more advantageous, whether it's Dallas or Philly, both are beatable. Dallas because its Dallas and Philly is broken.

Cowboys in Dallas are a completely different team. its only when they go on the road they they turn into a potato.

They are, but playoff Dallas is something different and the Rams are not a pushover. That offense (and McVay as a playcaller) can go toe to toe with the Cowboys anywhere.
Share 49ersWebzone