There are 284 users in the forums

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Originally posted by pdc20:
Rest every starters seriously.
Why risk an injury?
How many injuries this team had for the last decade now?
This game means absolutely nothing. And usually Sean McVay uses reserves in Pre-Season. Stafford never took a pre-season snap IIRC.
Purdy should go visit his family in Florida.
Let Darnold start and see if he has really improved.

They live in Arizona.
Grant Cluck's take: 49ers should rest their starters CMC and TW; everyone else should play because they will get 'rusty' with no game play for two weeks. What a dweeb; probably put this in his back pocket in case the unthinkable happens and we get bounced in the divisionals.

Why does everyone think it's two weeks though if we rest our starters this upcoming Sunday? Our first game in the playoffs would be the weekend of Jan 20/21 < three weeks away from today.
[ Edited by 49erKing on Jan 1, 2024 at 2:11 PM ]
A half is good except for CMC and anyone else nursing injuries
Rams are in so I expect they will rest a lot of starters as well. Great chance for some backups to get quality reps.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

He should be fine by the playoffs.
Our only problem is we already have 6 to 8 guys who probably can't suit up that everyone healthy will be in uniform

This is awesome!

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

This is awesome!

Bell, McCloud and Gray + #84 should be the WRs corps
For sure no Ambry, CMC, Armstead, Dwelly. I'm really curious how much we play the starters and the ones we don't play at all.
Lol maybe we start Brock and Aiyuk - they score 3 touchdowns before half since they rams aren't competing for anything and may rest a lot of guys.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Rest every starters seriously.
Why risk an injury?
How many injuries this team had for the last decade now?
This game means absolutely nothing. And usually Sean McVay uses reserves in Pre-Season. Stafford never took a pre-season snap IIRC.
Purdy should go visit his family in Florida.
Let Darnold start and see if he has really improved.

They live in Arizona.

Purdy in Florida
I don't think this is the type of team that will come out rusty after taking some time off. I think it will be the reverse effect honestly. They need the rest to rejuvenate. We came out blazing against the Jaguars and I suspect they will do the same in the playoffs
Share 49ersWebzone