There are 320 users in the forums

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Sounds like McVay will be resting his starters

That shouldn't surprise anyone considering how McVay has traditionally treated the preseason. He doesn't believe playing in actual games is required to be sharp.
I'd say play for a few drives and thats it.
Are we going to find out Sunday night when we play in the Divisional round? Or do they wait until the end of wild card weekend to announce the divisional round schedule?
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Jan 2, 2024 at 9:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Are we going to find out Sunday night when we play in the Divisional round? Or do they wait until the end of wild card weekend to announce the divisional round schedule?

It might not be known until after mnf because the mnf winner can't play the following Saturday of course. Who knows!
Originally posted by frenchmov:
It might not be known until after mnf because the mnf winner can't play the following Saturday of course. Who knows!

There is no MNF during the final week of season.

Plan on Saturday in the late game slot.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
There is no MNF during the final week of season.

Plan on Saturday in the late game slot.

There will be a playoff game on mnf though. Unknown which teams yet but if there's a possibility that one of those teams could play niners (example: mnf is #7 packers vs #2 cowboys), well niners would play lowest remaining seed so if packers won they'd play sf, but you can't make a mnf team play the next Saturday. So I think it's up in the air
Originally posted by frenchmov:
There will be a playoff game on mnf though. Unknown which teams yet but if there's a possibility that one of those teams could play niners (example: mnf is #7 packers vs #2 cowboys), well niners would play lowest remaining seed so if packers won they'd play sf, but you can't make a mnf team play the next Saturday. So I think it's up in the air

Good point, my mistake.
CMC, AA, Brown, Ambry are already out and I bet Banks is too

Id sit:

offense:
Trent
Brock
Deebo
Kittle
Aiyuk

defense:
Bosa
Hargrave
Mooney
Fred
Dre
Originally posted by the_dynasty:

Id sit:

offense:
Trent
Brock
Deebo
Kittle
Aiyuk

defense:
Bosa
Hargrave
Mooney
Fred
Dre

I don't want my QB going 3 weeks without playing. Niners are already getting a week off after this Sunday. It would be different if the team had nothing to play for but had a playoff game the following week. Then I would rest everyone if that was the case. I think the healthy starters should play the 1st half this Sunday. Then sit them.
IMO the Rams need that 6 seed if they wanna have a chance in the Wild Card. They'd have a good chance of beating the Lions but I think the Cowboys would whopp them

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
IMO the Rams need that 6 seed if they wanna have a chance in the Wild Card. They'd have a good chance of beating the Lions but I think the Cowboys would whopp them

i want all the top seeds to win

okaying the Bucs is best case scenario for us in first round then play Cowboys/Lions
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:

Id sit:

offense:
Trent
Brock
Deebo
Kittle
Aiyuk

defense:
Bosa
Hargrave
Mooney
Fred
Dre

I don't want my QB going 3 weeks without playing. Niners are already getting a week off after this Sunday. It would be different if the team had nothing to play for but had a playoff game the following week. Then I would rest everyone if that was the case. I think the healthy starters should play the 1st half this Sunday. Then sit them.

Deebo said its all hands on deck according to Kyle. The only exceptions would be those dealing with injuries.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

i want all the top seeds to win

okaying the Bucs is best case scenario for us in first round then play Cowboys/Lions

And then the Cowboys/Lions hopefully have another tough fight against each other.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

That shouldn't surprise anyone considering how McVay has traditionally treated the preseason. He doesn't believe playing in actual games is required to be sharp.

Considering that they don't have a first round bye it's not surprising. We have a first round bye. Completely different situations.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Well, he does have a Super Bowl Championship to show for it.
Share 49ersWebzone