There are 336 users in the forums

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Kyle is going to be his own undoing. No good sense at all.

Huh? Did McVay say anyone else was sitting? You can't have dudes sit out almost 3 weeks of football and be ready to go for the playoffs. You also need fill a roster to play the damn game
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Good we don't need an injured QB again. Smart move

We don't need an injured LT, MLB, OLB, TE, WR1 2 & 3, DB, RB2 either.

And you can't have them sit for 3 weeks either.

Makes a lot of sense. Purdy has no need to play this game, but Darnold needs a lot of reps if god forbid we need him in some capacity in the Postseason.

I doubt Purdy will be rusty, but I know our Super Bowl chances dwindle to about nothing if he gets injured.
[ Edited by SlipAndSlideBosa on Jan 3, 2024 at 12:19 PM ]

Huh? Did McVay say anyone else was sitting? You can't have dudes sit out almost 3 weeks of football and be ready to go for the playoffs. You also need fill a roster to play the damn game

Who said sit for 3 weeks? These guys will be practicing no matter what.
When just one single starter goes down, what will your thoughts be then?
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Good we don't need an injured QB again. Smart move

We don't need an injured LT, MLB, OLB, TE, WR1 2 & 3, DB, RB2 either.

And you can't have them sit for 3 weeks either.

Every year, the talk of injury vs. rust is a topic for playoff teams who have nothing to play for in the last game... especially if it's the #1 seed with a bye.
Given the injury bug we had in 2020, and how we lost the NFCCG due to no QB's, 49er fans are more afraid of injury than rust.

But yeah... Rust is a real thing that we've seen some teams go through. IIRC, the Peyton Manning Colts have lost in the divisional round?

Realistically though, I think a lot of guys will see some playing time, and we'll be fine.
Personally, I think where preventing rust really matters, is in the offensive/defensive lines and tackling. The skill position players should continue to practice, albeit without any live hitting, so it's not like Brandon Aiyuk is going to forget how to catch the ball in 3 weeks.
Kyle got us this far and people still complain about what he does. If he wins a SB I'm sure some will still complain he didn't win it the right way

Who said sit for 3 weeks? These guys will be practicing no matter what.
When just one single starter goes down, what will your thoughts be then?

In season practice is NOT the same as playing football.

When they play like s**t in 3 weeks because they haven't played football…what will your thoughts be then?

im not saying play them all game. You have to roster a full team and can only promote two PS guys. You want to cut guys lol?

The only guy I see not playing from the OL is Trent. The rest of the dudes will more than likely play.
Wait people think sitting Brock is a BAD thing!?

Can't wait to watch Darnold break the NFL single game passing record
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Purdy does not need to play. The dude came off the bench last year after having no preparation and tore it up after sitting the beginning of the season.

The guys who need to play are the guys who have gotten hardly any snaps and need to tune up: Mitchell, mason, Gregory. Dudes that should be better at this point then they are: Mckivitz, freaking burford, Oliver, Womack, etc...

I would not be shocked at all though if shanahan played anybody not injured for half the game though... Because shanahan...

Kyle talked about needing enough players to play a game. You can only call up two players from the PS.

You have some starters dress because if somebody gets hurt you have to have somebody come in but honestly I would sit the following:

Trent, Brock, kittle, deebo, ayuik, CMC, banks, bosa, armstead, Hargrave, ward, maybe Lenoir depending on his health.

Everybody else is fair game.

Obviously dudes like Jennings, mcloud if they could use an extra week and are actually hurt can sit as well but normally wr3 who cares.

Fans if Kyle plays Purdy he's an idiot who doesn't know more than my madden franchise skillz
Fans if Kyle doesn't play Purdy he's an idiot who doesn't know more than my madden franchise skillz
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Who said that?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Same people would complain if he got hurt in a meaningless game
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Fans if Kyle plays Purdy he's an idiot who doesn't know more than my madden franchise skillz
Fans if Kyle doesn't play Purdy he's an idiot who doesn't know more than my madden franchise skillz

Who's saying to play Brock?
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Every year, the talk of injury vs. rust is a topic for playoff teams who have nothing to play for in the last game... especially if it's the #1 seed with a bye.
Given the injury bug we had in 2020, and how we lost the NFCCG due to no QB's, 49er fans are more afraid of injury than rust.

But yeah... Rust is a real thing that we've seen some teams go through. IIRC, the Peyton Manning Colts have lost in the divisional round?

Realistically though, I think a lot of guys will see some playing time, and we'll be fine.
Personally, I think where preventing rust really matters, is in the offensive/defensive lines and tackling. The skill position players should continue to practice, albeit without any live hitting, so it's not like Brandon Aiyuk is going to forget how to catch the ball in 3 weeks.

It's a tricky thing. IMO it will be treated like a preseason game. The only difference is we don't have 90 players that we can just stick in there.
Share 49ersWebzone