There are 246 users in the forums

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Anybody worried about Armstead and his 7 week break between games or are we all going to be excited to see him anchor our run defense again?
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Anybody worried about Armstead and his 7 week break between games or are we all going to be excited to see him anchor our run defense again?

I assume he will not start in the divisional round, but will be eased into action and hopefully will play most of the game at high level.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I just listened to Kyle's presser, I know everybody's got their own idea about who should play or not play or whatever the hell it is, but it's quite apparent it's not nearly as simple as you might think. Sounds pretty much like a glorified preseason game minus all the players who would come in before HT because they don't exist numbers-wise. I'm perfectly fine with Brock not playing one single f**king snap. Oh heaven forbid he sustained anything that put him out the entire playoffs. That would be an utter disaster. Remember last week when Sam needed to throw a pass trying to get a first down so they could just do V formation? Then he does this stupid derp thing where the ball slips in his hand, and he has to tuck it almost fumbling the damn thing, basically getting sacked which was better than the alternative. I was just like holy s**t if Brock had to miss any significant time in the playoffs we're f**ked.

Exactly. We don't have a 90 man roster to play with, like in preseason. There will probably only be a few guys who completely don't play (Purdy, Trent, CMC). Everyone else probably gets a couple series... backups come in... and then the starters only rotate in/out when the backups need a rest.
Sam Darnold vs. Carson Wentz this weekend in Santa Clara. Whee!
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I just listened to Kyle's presser, I know everybody's got their own idea about who should play or not play or whatever the hell it is, but it's quite apparent it's not nearly as simple as you might think. Sounds pretty much like a glorified preseason game minus all the players who would come in before HT because they don't exist numbers-wise. I'm perfectly fine with Brock not playing one single f**king snap. Oh heaven forbid he sustained anything that put him out the entire playoffs. That would be an utter disaster. Remember last week when Sam needed to throw a pass trying to get a first down so they could just do V formation? Then he does this stupid derp thing where the ball slips in his hand, and he has to tuck it almost fumbling the damn thing, basically getting sacked which was better than the alternative. I was just like holy s**t if Brock had to miss any significant time in the playoffs we're f**ked.

Exactly. We don't have a 90 man roster to play with, like in preseason. There will probably only be a few guys who completely don't play (Purdy, Trent, CMC). Everyone else probably gets a couple series... backups come in... and then the starters only rotate in/out when the backups need a rest.

Actually even Trent is going to play at least for a little while, according to Shanny. The only guys who are surely not playing that I heard was CMC, Brock Ambry, Gip and maybe Feliciano. as well as Armstead and I think Brown but those are probably givens. That was a damn relief to hear that JJ and Moore would be limited practice today out of their concussions.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I think kyle believes he will be seeing the Rams in two weeks as well…so this game is gonna be about as vanilla as it gets

Mason about to run for tree fiddy.

Bet the over on his rushing yards
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I think kyle believes he will be seeing the Rams in two weeks as well…so this game is gonna be about as vanilla as it gets

Mason about to run for tree fiddy.

Bet the over on his rushing yards

This will be glorious!!!
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Good we don't need an injured QB again. Smart move

We don't need an injured LT, MLB, OLB, TE, WR1 2 & 3, DB, RB2 either.

And you can't have them sit for 3 weeks either.

I get what you're saying, but I think the Niners are the type of team that will thrive from all that rest. They'll come out ready to roll

I mean I hope our HC would know best
I'm gonna start Sam Darnold in DFS fantasy just for the hell of it. Lol. He'll be the minimum price
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Kind of interested to see how Darnold does, although the gameplan will be very vanilla.

Originally posted by Patton:
Play like s**t? What, are these 8th grade kids going through puberty or are they grown ass men that are professionals that have been doing this for years?

I'd HAPPILY risk a first half of rusty play instead of risking being eliminated in the first game because a key player is done for the season because he got some fluke injury he should not have been exposed to.

This team has proven when 💯 healthy and fresh, they are damn near unbeatable, but when they are even one player short (in multiple areas) they can come up short.

Name a better team or a better opportunity this franchise has had to win a SB in the past 31 years???

Remind me how much like "s**t" they played on opening day after several of the main guys either didn't play or played very limited snaps during preseason…..

Rest and zero exposure to injuries will ONLY increase this teams chances of winning a Super Bowl.

Rust is rust and our HC knows the league and players more than any Joe blow complaining in the WZ.

lol comparing preseason to playoffs games. You act like the teams we will be playing have been doing preseason games the same. s**t example
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 3, 2024 at 1:38 PM ]
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Kind of interested to see how Darnold does, although the gameplan will be very vanilla.

Given that both teams are going to be focused on avoiding injury, I see this as a fourth preseason game.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran

I'm actually pretty excited, would be nice if we can get Danny gray back too to get him reps
Originally posted by JMC52:

I'm actually pretty excited, would be nice if we can get Danny gray back too to get him reps

You might see him. I guess I'm an old school fan. Seems like every coach is choosing the "rest" option for this coming weekend. If the starters don't need to play, they won't.
Starters should not play at all...

we need to see what 10 and 84 and 83 and 86 or 6 can do as the WRs.
we need to see what 24 can also do as a bell cow for this game

28, 0, and even the old useless 33 should also be tested.

the rook from TCU should man the D while The Big Waist (99) should prove us why he is a waste..

we know what 14 can do so allow 17 to be the man under the center, just in case both are top 2 QBs does a repeat performance during NFCCG.
Share 49ersWebzone