There are 200 users in the forums

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Originally posted by billbird2111:
There are going to be a lot of disappointed 49er fans who voted in this poll. Very disappointed.

Shanahan isn't resting anyone, and will play next week's game as if playoff seeding depended on it.

Sorry. Not sorry.

oh there he is 😂
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Trent, CMC and Bosa are the only ones I would sit for the Rams game.

I really hope Shanahan give Trent Williams the day off on Sunday. And with Darnold's arm strength, how about giving Chris Conley's 4.3 speed a few deep routes!!! Ronnie Bell bugs the s**t outta me.

I hope so too. Last thing we need Is for Trent to pick up an Injury In a meaningless game against the Rams. I'd also like to see Brock get a little playing time, before handing over the reins to Sam the rest of the game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Trent, CMC and Bosa are the only ones I would sit for the Rams game.

I really hope Shanahan give Trent Williams the day off on Sunday. And with Darnold's arm strength, how about giving Chris Conley's 4.3 speed a few deep routes!!! Ronnie Bell bugs the s**t outta me.

I hope so too. Last thing we need Is for Trent to pick up an Injury In a meaningless game against the Rams. I'd also like to see Brock get a little playing time, before handing over the reins to Sam the rest of the game.

Yah I wanted Purdy to pad his stats a little. But how much could he pad in one quarter or one half and risk getting injured.
You are already looking at Dwelley. Purdy, CMC, Armstead, Gipson, Thomas and maybe Brown and or Jennings not playing everyone else is at least going to have to dress.
So alrighty then the Rams are playing this even more like an actual preseason game than we are. No A.D. no Cooper no Kyron Williams no Higbee, Earnest Jones, no somebody else. I bet we end up sitting a few more starters than we already know about, but probably not too much more. It looks more likely we will sweep the division for the second year in a row lol.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
So alrighty then the Rams are playing this even more like an actual preseason game than we are. No A.D. no Cooper no Kyron Williams no Higbee, Earnest Jones, no somebody else. I bet we end up sitting a few more starters than we already know about, but probably not too much more. It looks more likely we will sweep the division for the second year in a row lol.
So stafford and puka going for the record
Originally posted by 49ers808:
There are going to be a lot of disappointed 49er fans who voted in this poll. Very disappointed.

Shanahan isn't resting anyone, and will play next week's game as if playoff seeding depended on it.

Sorry. Not sorry.

oh there he is 😂

WHAT? You mean I wuz wrong? Gee, that never happens.

Sorry. Not sorry.

oh there he is 😂

Being wrong is one thing; telling people you don't know that they don't know football and puffing your chest doing so over and over again is something else. You'll get checked
It's very interesting.
There's a possibility that we play the Rams in the Divisional. I don't expect whoever is the #7 seed to upset the #2 seed, presuming Cowboys are #2.
I do expect the Rams at #6 to beat the #3 seed (Lions?).
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Well not Stafford, but Puka will have to break the record getting passes from Wentz. He's got a chance a very slim one trying to catch hospital balls, but I hope he gets it.

Originally posted by Wubbie:
It's very interesting.
There's a possibility that we play the Rams in the Divisional. I don't expect whoever is the #7 seed to upset the #2 seed, presuming Cowboys are #2.
I do expect the Rams at #6 to beat the #3 seed (Lions?).

Lions will most likely finish as 3 seed. They can move up to 2.

Sorry. Not sorry.

oh there he is 😂

Being wrong is one thing; telling people you don't know that they don't know football and puffing your chest doing so over and over again is something else. You'll get checked

I don't get the whole he's gonna play this game like it's a playoff game thing.

Overall I think he will have some starters suit up and play a series or two. Then he will put in backups where he can.

he sure as s**t isn't game planning like it's a playoff game, especially if he thinks we will be seeing them in two weeks.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Well not Stafford, but Puka will have to break the record getting passes from Wentz. He's got a chance a very slim one trying to catch hospital balls, but I hope he gets it.
Oh I didn't see staff on the list

man is this going to be a big party game for the fans
Originally posted by NYniner85:

lol comparing preseason to playoffs games. You act like the teams we will be playing have been doing preseason games the same. s**t example

Maybe comprehension isn't your thing

I didn't " compare preseason games to playoffs", I said key players did NOT play in preseason and then played great week one.
[ Edited by Patton on Jan 3, 2024 at 4:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Patton:
Maybe comprehension isn't your thing

I didn't " compare preseason games to playoffs", I said key players did NOT play in preseason and then played great week one.

No that's exactly what you're doing…maybe think about it before you post it and we're talking about 3 weeks not a week. It's not the same no matter how hard you try to complain about it.

Edit: also if you look at our last preseason game our starters actually did play lol.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 3, 2024 at 5:44 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone