There are 187 users in the forums

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

I don't know a proper thread for this but who in the hell is voting on the pro bowl, the f**king retard squad? Aiyuk doesn't even get voted as a pro bowl selection he's relegated to alternate. Everyone and their motherf**king mother makes the pro bowl. I've seen a ton of stupid s**t go down in my lifetime but this takes the damn cake. In no scenario are there 8 to 10 receivers better than BA. I know we don't give a flying f**k about no pro bowl even though the voting process is total s**t, we want our guys getting ready to travel to LV when this stupid ass pro bowl games that's turned into a f**king clown show is happening.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I don't know a proper thread for this but who in the hell is voting on the pro bowl, the f**king retard squad? Aiyuk doesn't even get voted as a pro bowl selection he's relegated to alternate. Everyone and their motherf**king mother makes the pro bowl. I've seen a ton of stupid s**t go down in my lifetime but this takes the damn cake. In no scenario are there 8 to 10 receivers better than BA. I know we don't give a flying f**k about no pro bowl even though the voting process is total s**t, we want our guys getting ready to travel to LV when this stupid ass pro bowl games that's turned into a f**king clown show is happening.

I see four on the team:

CeeDee Lamb
Puka Nacua
AJ Brown
Mike Evans.

Aiyuk had a pro bowl level year but can't be definitively* argued over any of these four players. Is what it is.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Jan 3, 2024 at 5:30 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

I see four on the team:

CeeDee Lamb
Puka Nacua
AJ Brown
Mike Evans.

Aiyuk had a pro bowl level year but can't be definitively* argued over any of these four players. Is what it is.

WR is just a stacked position. Amon-Ra St. Brown is another good receiver that got snubbed.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Patton:
Maybe comprehension isn't your thing

I didn't " compare preseason games to playoffs", I said key players did NOT play in preseason and then played great week one.

No that's exactly what you're doing…maybe think about it before you post it and we're talking about 3 weeks not a week. It's not the same no matter how hard you try to complain about it.

Edit: also if you look at our last preseason game our starters actually did play lol.

Once again you fail to understand that just because a player doesn't play in a game, that doesn't mean he won't practice for "3 weeks".

Lol, your take on this is about as good as your take on Brock Purdy 😂
just come out healthy.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

I see four on the team:

CeeDee Lamb
Puka Nacua
AJ Brown
Mike Evans.

He can't?

Nacua as good as he's been has

16 games played 154 targets 101 receptions 1445 yards 5 TDs 14.3 YPR

Aiyuk
15 games played 101 targets 72 receptions 1317 yards 7 TDs 18.3 YPR

128 more yards with 1 more game played, 2 less TDs and averaging a whole 4 yards per reception less than Aiyuk?
Originally posted by genus49:
He can't?

Nacua as good as he's been has

16 games played 154 targets 101 receptions 1445 yards 5 TDs 14.3 YPR

Aiyuk
15 games played 101 targets 72 receptions 1317 yards 7 TDs 18.3 YPR

128 more yards with 1 more game played, 2 less TDs and averaging a whole 4 yards per reception less than Aiyuk?

Larger YPR is not necessarily an argument for a better season. 30 plus receptions goes along way to controlling the ball on the offense. He did that in a worse offense (especially for the first half of the season).

That said, I would have voted in Aiyuk over Puka. He just doesn't have an open and shut case. Argument could be made for either.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
You know that Shanahan and McVay called each other (doesn't Kyle hang at McVay's house and vice versa) and went over the game plans for Sunday. I'm sure they both agreed to rest their key players, as well as to let the guys that are playing that the game plan is low intensity football.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Trent, CMC and Bosa are the only ones I would sit for the Rams game.

I really hope Shanahan give Trent Williams the day off on Sunday. And with Darnold's arm strength, how about giving Chris Conley's 4.3 speed a few deep routes!!! Ronnie Bell bugs the s**t outta me.

I hope so too. Last thing we need Is for Trent to pick up an Injury In a meaningless game against the Rams. I'd also like to see Brock get a little playing time, before handing over the reins to Sam the rest of the game.

Shanahan was asked whether it would make sense to give 35-year-old left tackle Trent Williams an extra bye.

"I don't think it's good for anybody to take two weeks off," Shanahan said. "You should see how Trent was when he came back after a month off or three weeks. It's not good, but we'll see how the game goes and everything. His mindset this week's got to be that he is getting ready to play."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kyle-shanahan-i-dont-think-its-good-for-anybody-to-take-two-weeks-off
Why is nobody talking about this. 49ers backups beat Rams backups and the Packers beat the Bears so the Rams can beat the Cowboys.

Wentz gon catch mono / start seeing ghosts on the field

I didn't " compare preseason games to playoffs", I said key players did NOT play in preseason and then played great week one.

No that's exactly what you're doing…maybe think about it before you post it and we're talking about 3 weeks not a week. It's not the same no matter how hard you try to complain about it.

Edit: also if you look at our last preseason game our starters actually did play lol.

Once again you fail to understand that just because a player doesn't play in a game, that doesn't mean he won't practice for "3 weeks".

You talk about reading comprehension issues…yet miss when I talked about in season practice NOT being close to actual football. derp. Already proved your whole didn't play in the 3rd preseaon game s**t was wrong (they DID play). Take the L and move on.

people who never played sports don't understand how important routine is to players.

FWIW I also talked about how they can only promote two guys from PS and already have a handful of players that can't play because of injury.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 3, 2024 at 11:09 PM ]

You talk about reading comprehension issues…yet miss when I talked about in season practice NOT being close to actual football. derp. Already proved your whole didn't play in the 3rd preseaon game s**t was wrong (they DID play). Take the L and move on.

people who never played sports don't understand how important routine is to players.

FWIW I also talked about how they can only promote two guys from PS and already have a handful of players that can't play because of injury.
At this time of the year, routine is already established.

the only issue with the time between games would be younger players pushing it too hard in practice
WR's are to the NFC what QB's are to the AFC. If Aiyuk was in the AFC he would be 2nd behind Hill.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
There are going to be a lot of disappointed 49er fans who voted in this poll. Very disappointed.

Shanahan isn't resting anyone, and will play next week's game as if playoff seeding depended on it.

Sorry. Not sorry.

oh there he is 😂

WHAT? You mean I wuz wrong? Gee, that never happens.

Being wrong is one thing; telling people you don't know that they don't know football and puffing your chest doing so over and over again is something else. You'll get checked

Let's hope that Steve Young is wrong then. For every week a QB takes off, according to Young, it takes half of football to get him back up to game speed. No chest puffing.
Share 49ersWebzone