49ers explode for 21-point third quarter, then hold on late to take 30-24 win over Cowboys →

There are 352 users in the forums

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

At first I was thinking rest all starters but it does make good sense to get em some game reps next week if some players can go. I do hope they rest the entire bye week. The D looked real good after the bye week so I'm hoping for this same energy level in playoffs.
Rest, who cares if the Rams make the playoffs?, they are zero threat. Reminds me of last years NY Giants
Rest. This team has guys who are already made of glass dealing with injuries. Getting 100% healthy is the most important thing.
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
The problem with resting Trent and even Kittle for that matter is I dont want Purdy back there then. Our pass protection could get too suspect.

Protect PURDY at all costs
Cmc
big trent
kittle
armstead
bosa?
warner?
greenlaw?

first four shouldn't see the field. Greenlaw needs rest. I'd sit him.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
f**king eagles are so overrated!!! LMAO

Someone said in another thread that the 9ers broke the Eagles. I don't like to use the word "exposed" ...The 9ers said they were better and proved it. The Eagles haven't been the same since that game.
  • eman
  • Veteran
Knowing Shannahan , he will run mccaffery and Mitchell to the ground .. today would have been good opportunity to play #24

anyways.. we just need to win 3 more games in the playoffs to hoist the trophy .. don't mind an L next week, esp since the rams will play their hearts out

no need to get our players injured .. we need to let armstead heal well.. we need to let Hargrave rest his hammy .. Bosa gets tired as season wears on, so need to give him breather .. Warner and Greenlaw have been missing tackles .. Ward has groin thing

I would do light practice this week and have most of the starters play the first half

I would def like to see them resting in order ..
Armstead
Mccaffery
Trent
ward
greenlaw ( in and out a lot this year and apprears rusty)
kittle
Bosa
Hargrave

id also like to give extended look to Jordan Mason and bring in Sam darnold in 3rd Q to avoid and crazy injuries
It's 3 weeks of rest for the 9ers. I say rest all those who are injured. I'd also like to see Purdy rest, maybe only play the first qt or half.
I'll be taking a nap on my seat at Levi's for this one
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Cmc
big trent
kittle
armstead
bosa?
warner?
greenlaw?

I would add Jennings, Ayuik, Banks and Ward.

Originally posted by golfish:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
f**king eagles are so overrated!!! LMAO

Someone said in another thread that the 9ers broke the Eagles. I don't like to use the word "exposed" ...The 9ers said they were better and proved it. The Eagles haven't been the same since that game.

They were barely hanging on in the games before they played the Niners, too. Niners beat them down, then they've been unable to squeeze out close games after that. Niners pushed them back to the mean, if anything.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Cmc
big trent
kittle
armstead
bosa?
warner?
greenlaw?

Banks and Jennings for sure yeah. We can't sit everyone unfortunately and aiyuk has a lot to accomplish, he could hit some big time yardage marks with a big game.
Rest everyone you possibly can. Ppl bring up teams from 20 years ago. It has no meaning - anecdotal evidence at best.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Cmc
big trent
kittle
armstead
bosa?
warner?
greenlaw?

I would add Purdy
Originally posted by jreff22:
Play 1st half

This.

And Try some new stuff.
Share 49ersWebzone