49ers explode for 21-point third quarter, then hold on late to take 30-24 win over Cowboys →

There are 353 users in the forums

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
If Trent does play. I hope its no more than a few series. He is too pivotal to our SB aspirations. I'd rather have him a little rusty in the divisional round than not at all.

Agree.

Trent won't play
At the end of next week we bring in Singletary and run nutcrackers on the 50. That'll shake off the rust.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by corona55569:
What's going to happen when the NFL expands to 18 weeks ? Damn near a month off.

More games makes it so clinching playoffs and seeds also takes longer. Math

ya if there was one more game we wouldnt have clinched yet lol

The Ravens say hi ^^^ I meant 18 games my fault. If there were two games left for the Ravens, it wouldn't matter for them. Obviously if the Niners would have beaten the Ravens, that scenario I presented flips. Simple math
[ Edited by corona55569 on Jan 4, 2024 at 9:28 PM ]
Originally posted by corona55569:
The Ravens say hi ^^^ I meant 18 games my fault. If there were two games left for the Ravens, it wouldn't matter for them. Obviously if the Niners would have beaten the Ravens, that scenario I presented flips. Simple math

Two games left could matter for the Ravens. If they went 0-2 and the Browns went 2-0 the Browns would win the division.
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
You're dreaming if you think Kyle won't have someone important getting smashed by 2-3 dts on at least 5 plays Sunday

Is the alt really necessary?
Give the healthy starters a half to play then put up the backups. If the Rams are looking to target a player then I would take them out earlier.
I just heard Williams will start and Deebo said other starters will too. My guess is they play the first half or less depending on how many snaps they get. I'm okay with that.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I just heard Williams will start and Deebo said other starters will too. My guess is they play the first half or less depending on how many snaps they get. I'm okay with that.

Healthy players, aside from Purdy, are playing at least a little. It's the right way to go. I actually think having Purdy practice as if he was starting but got a pre-game warm-up injury is a clever twist on how to do it.
[ Edited by captveg on Jan 5, 2024 at 10:00 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

we all pray to avoid an episode of when rust management, goes wrong..

• thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Rust is real and I don't want the 49ers sleepwalking through the first quarter of that Divisional game. Overall a nice problem to have and I'm sure different players feel differently about it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I applaud Trent Willians for wanting to play to not get rusty. As for Purdy not playing, I don't worry about that. He sat for months before stepping in for Trey Lance and Jimmy G. last season. And can you believe it was only last season that Purdy came off the bench, mind is playing tricks on me because here I thought it was two seasons ago. Lol
That's good and all until some dirty ass rams player rolls his leg and we get eliminated from the playoffs before we ever play the first game.
These dudes got incentives and game bonuses. We'd all be wanting to play with generational wealth on the table. Only got a 53 man roster. Let healthy dudes play the 1st half then sit em down. s**t they should just come out and run the ball to kill the clock
[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 5, 2024 at 11:06 AM ]
There's a game on sunday?
Share 49ersWebzone