49ers explode for 21-point third quarter, then hold on late to take 30-24 win over Cowboys →

There are 349 users in the forums

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Trent just wants to throw one Rams head long into another Rams before he leaves the game Sunday.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 5, 2024 at 11:38 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
These dudes got incentives and game bonuses. We'd all be wanting to play with generational wealth on the table. Only got a 53 man roster. Let healthy dudes play the 1st half then sit em down. s**t they should just come out and run the ball to kill the clock

Are you seriously trying to say Trent Williams has not made enough "generational wealth" in his career??
Lol, if he gets hurt, he won't get another chance as good as this one to get a ring, neither will his teammates.

Absolutely dumb risk, one in which the entire franchise loses if he gets hurt, not to mention, completely avoidable.

If this was a win and get in situation, then absolutely, but this game holds zero value as far as winning or losing, actually, there's an argument to be made that losing is a better option because it could ultimately make an easier path to the Super Bowl.

If he plays more than one series, maybe two, then whatever. If he plays more than that, Kyle and Co deserve whatever bad luck comes their way should anything bad happen to him.
I don't know why the Rams are content with playing a team in the wildcard RD that has won 16 straight home games. Is it that they are worried about playing all their starters and losing the game anyways?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
At the end of next week we bring in Singletary and run nutcrackers on the 50. That'll shake off the rust.

Bring back the hill.
  • thl408
CMC will not play versus Rams, per Kyle.
Originally posted by thl408:
CMC will not play versus Rams, per Kyle.

I give it to the 3rd offensive play before Kyle gets the withdrawal shakes.
Originally posted by Patton:
I give it to the 3rd offensive play before Kyle gets the withdrawal shakes.

Lol, no doubt.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I don't know why the Rams are content with playing a team in the wildcard RD that has won 16 straight home games. Is it that they are worried about playing all their starters and losing the game anyways?

Because they think they are the team to beat right now. Confidence at an all time high with Stafford, Puka Nacua, and Williams on offense. They, according to their fans, WANT the Cowboys AND our Niners!!!
[ Edited by VA9erfan on Jan 5, 2024 at 6:25 PM ]
Jason Verrett.

He's already hurt in just PRACTICE. We didn't even play a GAME yet. So yeah that answers it. REST as many key guys as you can and have them healthy for the playoffs.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Jason Verrett.

He's already hurt in just PRACTICE. We didn't even play a GAME yet. So yeah that answers it. REST as many key guys as you can and have them healthy for the playoffs.

It's not like this isn't a veteran squad anyhow.

I don't get why we're playing Trent but not Purdy… may as well play both if you're going to play one. Even if it's for just a quarter.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Jason Verrett.

You sure Verrett is the best example? That guy can tear an ACL taking a bath.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I don't get why we're playing Trent but not Purdy… may as well play both if you're going to play one. Even if it's for just a quarter.

Call Kyle.

They are playing Trent?

BP seemed disappointed that he isn't gunna play, huge competitor.

Because Brock can practice what he does, and Trent can not this time of year against his team mates.
Share 49ersWebzone