There are 550 users in the forums

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
A couple of series then rest the starters

This is the best bet. Don't change the routine too much.

3 weeks of sitting is an awfully long time.

We come out flat and this forum would blow up with how everyone but Shanahan knew sitting wasn't the right idea.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Rest CMC, Trent, Kittle, Bosa, Warner and Ward

I agree with all of those plus I would probably add Greenlaw and Deebo. AA and Hargrave are probably already out anyway.
This is a top heavy team. I get the "being rusty" argument, but at a lot of positions their replacements are so much worse it's not even close. Avoiding injuries on this team is more important.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Cmc
big trent
kittle
armstead
bosa?
warner?
greenlaw?

first four shouldn't see the field. Greenlaw needs rest. I'd sit him.

I would add Jennings, Ayuik, Banks and Ward.

I would add Purdy
He needs to play, if just the first half. He's young and healthy and needs all the experience he can get.
Rest the injured. Play everyone else for a few series. After the half, every time we get to the Rams 35 yard line immediately try a 50+ yard field goal. Give Moody some reps before the playoffs.
Originally posted by Southpaw79:
Rest the injured. Play everyone else for a few series. After the half, every time we get to the Rams 35 yard line immediately try a 50+ yard field goal. Give Moody some reps before the playoffs.

That's an idea
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by golfish:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
f**king eagles are so overrated!!! LMAO

Someone said in another thread that the 9ers broke the Eagles. I don't like to use the word "exposed" ...The 9ers said they were better and proved it. The Eagles haven't been the same since that game.

They were barely hanging on in the games before they played the Niners, too. Niners beat them down, then they've been unable to squeeze out close games after that. Niners pushed them back to the mean, if anything.

This. The Eagles were squeezing by... We played them, handed it to them. The beatdown, coupled with teams getting a better idea of how to beat the Eagles... yeah, it's not surprising to see why they've fallen off at the end of this season.
Cmc
big trent
kittle
armstead
bosa?
warner?
greenlaw?

I would add Purdy
He needs to play, if just the first half. He's young and healthy and needs all the experience he can get.

Jennings is already hurting so I doubt he would play anyway. Banks is also hurting. Aiyuk will probably need to play. Without Kittle, CMC and Deebo they need somebody that can catch the ball. They only have so many on the roster. They can't just hand off every play.
I say, give all the starters a series. Except maybe CMC since he's probably got a calf strain.
Then after the one series, take out Brock Purdy, Trent Williams, Nick Bosa, Fred Warner.

Depending on the numbers, have all the other starters completely out by halftime, or at the very least, on a minimal snap count.

rest ALL the starters
Originally posted by eman:
Knowing Shannahan , he will run mccaffery and Mitchell to the ground .. today would have been good opportunity to play #24

anyways.. we just need to win 3 more games in the playoffs to hoist the trophy .. don't mind an L next week, esp since the rams will play their hearts out

no need to get our players injured .. we need to let armstead heal well.. we need to let Hargrave rest his hammy .. Bosa gets tired as season wears on, so need to give him breather .. Warner and Greenlaw have been missing tackles .. Ward has groin thing

I would do light practice this week and have most of the starters play the first half

I would def like to see them resting in order ..
Armstead
Mccaffery
Trent
ward
greenlaw ( in and out a lot this year and apprears rusty)
kittle
Bosa
Hargrave

id also like to give extended look to Jordan Mason and bring in Sam darnold in 3rd Q to avoid and crazy injuries

Brown
Banks
[ Edited by TD49ers on Dec 31, 2023 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Cmc
big trent
kittle
armstead
bosa?
warner?
greenlaw?

I would add Purdy

Jennings is already hurting so I doubt he would play anyway. Banks is also hurting. Aiyuk will probably need to play. Without Kittle, CMC and Deebo they need somebody that can catch the ball. They only have so many on the roster. They can't just hand off every play.

Why do you rest Deboo over Aiyuk. Aiyuk is our #1 receiver.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Damn good thread!!!

Rest
Purdy
Trent
CMC
Kittle
Aiyuk
Banks
Hargrave
Greenlaw
Ward
Cmc
big trent
kittle
armstead
bosa?
warner?
greenlaw?

I would add Purdy

I can't see him playing if we rest Trent.
Share 49ersWebzone