Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Cmc
big trent
kittle
armstead
bosa?
warner?
greenlaw?

first four shouldn't see the field. Greenlaw needs rest. I'd sit him.

I would add Jennings, Ayuik, Banks and Ward.

I would add Purdy
He needs to play, if just the first half. He's young and healthy and needs all the experience he can get.
And we saw how quickly he went from young & healthy to being unable to throw the ball last,no need to expose him especially if you sit Trent,CMC & Kittle
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
And we saw how quickly he went from young & healthy to being unable to throw the ball last,no need to expose him especially if you sit Trent,CMC & Kittle

He can play a couple series and mainly hand off or throw slants and screens on third down. They can protect him and play him a little.
I'd play starters a quarter and if they are injured in any way I'd let them sit the entire game.

Great dilemma to have!!!
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

He can play a couple series and mainly hand off or throw slants and screens on third down. They can protect him and play him a little.
They can but I'd hate to roll into the playoffs with Darnold as QB1 because of some flukey injury.
Anyone questionable or above is doubtful to out
  • thl408
What a nice problem to have. imo
Double bye weeks for: Trent, CMC, Kittle, Hargrave.
Beat the Rams with the rest of the starters playing half the game.
Originally posted by thl408:

Yep, all we need to do is play enough to stay in rhythm and then let the non-MASH unit play the rest.

A lot of non-starters have knicks and bruises as well so spread the reps around.
Rest. The Rams can blow out the backups next week, who cares
They can but I'd hate to roll into the playoffs with Darnold as QB1 because of some flukey injury.

Agree obviously. We'll see what they do.

Agree obviously. We'll see what they do.
Hopefully whatever decision they make is the right one.

Healthy teams win Super Bowls. So, the goal now is to get everyone as healthy as we can to make that 3-game run to the Lombardi.

Wild Card round he meant…jinx
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Wild Card round he meant…jinx

It continued lol. He was saying we won't play divisional round until x date three weeks from now.
  • thl408
Originally posted by dj43:

Yep, all we need to do is play enough to stay in rhythm and then let the non-MASH unit play the rest.

A lot of non-starters have knicks and bruises as well so spread the reps around.

Two full weeks of not seeing game speed this late in the season is a lot. Whichever team the 49ers play in round 2 will be jacked up and ready to go. This team already seems to start slow, for the most part. I think it's important the 'healthy' starters play half the Rams game.
Originally posted by dj43:

Two full weeks of not seeing game speed this late in the season is a lot. Whichever team the 49ers play in round 2 will be jacked up and ready to go. This team already seems to start slow, for the most part. I think it's important the 'healthy' starters play half the Rams game.

+1
Share 49ersWebzone