🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🤔 Rest or Play vs Rams❓- Pregame Thread 2023 Season Wk 18 🐏💥

• Cosmo
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by dj43:
What a nice problem to have. imo
Double bye weeks for: Trent, CMC, Kittle, Hargrave.
Beat the Rams with the rest of the starters playing half the game.

Yep, all we need to do is play enough to stay in rhythm and then let the non-MASH unit play the rest.

A lot of non-starters have knicks and bruises as well so spread the reps around.

Two full weeks of not seeing game speed this late in the season is a lot. Whichever team the 49ers play in round 2 will be jacked up and ready to go. This team already seems to start slow, for the most part. I think it's important the 'healthy' starters play half the Rams game.

Three weeks essentially, isn't it? I only know that because I now have 3 full weeks to wait before any meaningful football.
Root for the Steelers right now, so Rams also don't have much to play for (Seattle loss = Rams are in)…they can't improve their seeding winning against Niners
Bring in the replacements!
  • thl408
Originally posted by Cosmo:

Yep, all we need to do is play enough to stay in rhythm and then let the non-MASH unit play the rest.

A lot of non-starters have knicks and bruises as well so spread the reps around.

Two full weeks of not seeing game speed this late in the season is a lot. Whichever team the 49ers play in round 2 will be jacked up and ready to go. This team already seems to start slow, for the most part. I think it's important the 'healthy' starters play half the Rams game.

Three weeks essentially, isn't it? I only know that because I now have 3 full weeks to wait before any meaningful football.

Oh right, for the double bye week players.
  • thl408
Originally posted by 4ML:

lol nice. On a dinky tv
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

In complete agreement. Rest everyone that you possibly can.

lol nice. On a dinky tv

Jed saving up for that Purdy contract in 2 years.

That's Washington brother.
Sit all important starters, especially vets. I don't care about the break, I'll take our chances

Originally posted by Cosmo:

It's just an extra week - however you want to count the weeks.

Rest >> Rhythm

I'd practice more and implement some new plays for the offs that no one has seen.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Sit all important starters, especially vets. I don't care about the break, I'll take our chances

For sure. Ppl make too much of the rhythm. Rest and health is way more important.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Wild Card round he meant…jinx

Read the full quote (it's cut off on the embed).

That's Washington brother.

That's cheap-ass ex-owner Dan Snyder for ya
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Bring in the replacements!
Share 49ersWebzone