There are 140 users in the forums

49ERS vs Packers Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ERS vs Packers Pregame Thread - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think it will be Tampa.

dont see an upset?

i think Dallas will beat packers. I think the rams have a good chance against the lions
I think the Bucs are clearly the weakest team of that bunch.

Eagles are in disaster mode but they have a ton of talent. If they can somehow figure things out and get a win, they are dangerous.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
When will we know what day/time we're playing?

Sunday, if Dal or Det loses, otherwise we play the winner of Tb vs Phi.
  • thl408
Originally posted by father49er:

If Packers win on Sunday afternoon (first NFC wildcard game is GB vs DAL), then it'll be 49ers vs Packers. But if DAL wins then we have to wait until LAR vs DET.

If LAR wins, it'll be 49ers vs Rams. But if DET wins, then have to wait until Monday night PHI vs TB to know who 49ers' opponent is.
Originally posted by father49er:

my guess is saturday game if its Rams/packers and a sunday game if its phi/Tb
Our opponent will be:

If GB wins, GB
elseif LA wins, LA
elseif PHI wins, PHI
else TB
basically, we play the lowest seed that advances next weekend
  • thl408
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
The rams might be able to move the ball on us and score some points but ultimately, their defense isn't very good and I doubt their offense can out score us. Their defense ranks 19th in scoring, 15th in the redzone, 20th against the pass, 24th in sacks and the team is -3 in turnover differential.

They almost lost to the Giants so I don't understand this feeling that they are some major Juggernaut. Yes they will score some points, but our offense will be able to exceed anything that they are able to do.

I don't think anyone is saying Rams are a juggernaut. To me, the Rams have the best head coach of the bunch, and being division rivals can make things a bit closer than what "on paper" suggests. Also, their rushing attack is good. Rams defense would get wrecked by Brock and company, though.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
The rams might be able to move the ball on us and score some points but ultimately, their defense isn't very good and I doubt their offense can out score us. Their defense ranks 19th in scoring, 15th in the redzone, 20th against the pass, 24th in sacks and the team is -3 in turnover differential.

If the DLine actually starts playing like it should, I fear no one. We once beat Stafford 31-7 I think. Our DLine frightened him that day. We can do it again
[ Edited by Silky on Jan 8, 2024 at 7:41 AM ]
  • thl408
I want 49ers vs PHI. Have them limp into Levi's, and after the 49ers curbstomp them, let them boo hoo about not having a healthy team. They'd also be on a short week of rest due to playing on Monday night.

I'm ok with the Niners having to face anybody.

But there's also a certain part that would enjoy a drama free/boring Bucs and Lions path to the Super Bowl, where the top two NFC East teams get dispatched early. Our two blowouts of said teams would quell any BS trash talk that we got lucky to miss them.

What really bothers me is even if we blew out the Cowboys again, there would still be "DAK ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH?" talks.......

Let me ask the fanbase something:

Doesn't that storyline PISS YOU OFF over and over?

Was Steve Young truly not good enough to beat the Cowboys??? Or maybe just maybe he was outmanned significantly.

He beat the Cowboys twice once the arms race was equalized, and then the Niners managed to beat them without him as well!

It's not like the Cowboys have this unanimous best roster in football and he keeps underperforming. In 2021, the Cowboys IMO weren't all that special, and last year they overachieved in the divisional round against us.

They're a good team, but can the Niners get some credit for being a better team once in awhile?

My God, that's my biggest beef with Dallas. Although, I should be grateful it's just annoying noise and not the Cowboys actually having our # like it used to be....
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Our opponent will be:

If GB wins, GB
elseif LA wins, LA
elseif PHI wins, PHI
else TB

If Tie, throw Error
Eagles may be without Brown too. They are in a freefall.
I predict LA will defeat DET
and PHI will defeat DAL
that would set up LA at SF and PHI at DAL
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I predict LA will defeat DET
and PHI will defeat DAL
that would set up LA at SF and PHI at DAL

Which would set up SF vs DAL. Yes plz.
Share 49ersWebzone