SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Prognosis good…

Damn we had a good a run this year. Next year we will bring home 6

Might as well put in the backups so no one gets injured.

You could nail Kyle up on a cross, and he still wouldn't relent and do that.
As far as rain goes you worry about turnovers and hope we take care of the ball. Like Bosa said who can stop the run and can we establish it.
With the rain being such a huge factor, let's hope we can run the ball against them like we did in the NFCCG.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It's so wild, the media and American people always love rooting for the "underdog" yet it's been the opposite for Brock. Everyone is waiting for him to flop and say told ya so.

Everyone just thinks it's shanahans system and then the talent around him, like he's the guy who Washington was starting most of the year. It's a joke.

Doesn't help that Brock crapped the bed on Christmas but it's all good. Brock and the boys will be ready to roll today. I think they'll have so much juice and be so physical . Their bodies are fresh and rested, meanwhile the packers aren't even practicing. Lol

I mean if it's all Shanahan then he should be the front runner to win COTY? Takes our no talent QB and goes to a NFCC then gets the #1 seed the following year….nope crickets there as well.

Kid has to play perfect football to get respect and even then he gets crapped on.

It's not like Lamar has played perfect football all yr. Crazy he's gonna win MVP and he's got 24TDs
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 20, 2024 at 12:44 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Stroud is just doing what Brock's been doing since last year, except he's heralded as the next great thing and Brock is brushed off. Lol I hope that bothers Brock.

The Texans were also dog crap before Stroud got there.

DeMeco

Well I think stroud has done an exceptional job, my comment isn't meant as any knock on him. It's more of both of them playing great football. Just one was drafted high and gets tons of praise. One was drafted low and he gets constant excuses for his performance.
Originally posted by DrEll:
UPDATED FORECAST: good amount of rain throughout the game today.

We're toast

Can someone explain to me why the rain impacts this team negatively?
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Stroud is just doing what Brock's been doing since last year, except he's heralded as the next great thing and Brock is brushed off. Lol I hope that bothers Brock.

The Texans were also dog crap before Stroud got there.

DeMeco

Well I think stroud has done an exceptional job, my comment isn't meant as any knock on him. It's more of both of them playing great football. Just one was drafted high and gets tons of praise. One was drafted low and he gets constant excuses for his performance.
Let them all get the praise. I'll take Lombardi's. "Quietly"
Wrong thread
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Jan 20, 2024 at 12:47 PM ]
The rain people in here acting like we can only play well in a dome. Like we're the team that only has a good passing offense.

we're one of the top teams built to play in the elements NOT be hindered by them.

I think I saw this is Love's first game playing in the rain? That can't be right.

The rain people in here acting like we can only play well in a dome. Like we're the team that only has a good passing offense.

we're one of the top teams built to play in the elements NOT be hindered by them.

I think I saw this is Love's first game playing in the rain? That can't be right.

Ooooh really? How interesting.
I hate that it's raining but it is what it is. I just hope it's light rain and not pouring.

I just hate rain games in general. All it does is make the passing game more difficult, making us more one dimensional (and the other team). Increases the chances for turnovers. Just becomes a much more difficult game than it has to be. If it was a regular game, we easily blow them out. Without the passing game, it'll be much closer and higher chance for our guys to turn the ball over.
If it does rain a lot, the only RB that worries me is Mitchell
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
Originally posted by DrEll:
UPDATED FORECAST: good amount of rain throughout the game today.

We're toast

Can someone explain to me why the rain impacts this team negatively?

Because we are a better team offensively. If this game was played in perfect weather conditions, we have a better QB who has better accuracy and precision. A quarterback who executes his offensive playbook better than the opponent's quarterback. Our running game is LEAGUES better than the opponent's, as is our passing game.

A rainy game, NO DOUBT, will affect all 3 facets of the game. It's common sense that a slippery ball and a slippery field will affect throwing ability, catching ability, and running ability. We saw this in last year's playoffs against Seattle, when Brock struggled early when it was still wet, but as the conditions improved, we blew them out.

Now, one will argue that the weather will affect both teams. And it will. But it's obvious that the team with the upper hand on offense may be more 'beatable' if they are unable to execute their scheme to perfection. GB knows if will take miracle to win. Watch how many prayers Jordan Love throws up today. Our BFF ref Kemp, who throws more flags than any other official in the league, will have a field day throwing PI flags for every short pass Love throws into oblivion.

meanwhile, the precision based Shanahan offense, which relies less of prayer shots and lucky throws, will suffer because there's a chance Brock's accuracy is off because of a slippery ball. Or one of your receivers loses the ball on a fumble. Or CMC cant get his footing for a typical monstrous run.

WE, FOLKS, ARE SCREWED !
Share 49ersWebzone