SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Originally posted by Patton:
If it does rain a lot, the only RB that worries me is Mitchell

Why? Doesn't he never fumble?
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
Originally posted by DrEll:
UPDATED FORECAST: good amount of rain throughout the game today.

We're toast

Can someone explain to me why the rain impacts this team negatively?

Because these dude is king of the negative Nancy's
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:

Feel like aaron Jones fumbles more than any of them

Feel like he's had some near fumbles Maybe it's CMC due to his violent running style.

One thing for damn sure….keep Ronnie Bell away from the field lol
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Feel like aaron Jones fumbles more than any of them

Please be true!!
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
UPDATED FORECAST: good amount of rain throughout the game today.

We're toast

Can someone explain to me why the rain impacts this team negatively?

Because we are a better team offensively. If this game was played in perfect weather conditions, we have a better QB who has better accuracy and precision. A quarterback who executes his offensive playbook better than the opponent's quarterback. Our running game is LEAGUES better than the opponent's, as is our passing game.

A rainy game, NO DOUBT, will affect all 3 facets of the game. It's common sense that a slippery ball and a slippery field will affect throwing ability, catching ability, and running ability. We saw this in last year's playoffs against Seattle, when Brock struggled early when it was still wet, but as the conditions improved, we blew them out.

Now, one will argue that the weather will affect both teams. And it will. But it's obvious that the team with the upper hand on offense may be more 'beatable' if they are unable to execute their scheme to perfection. GB knows if will take miracle to win. Watch how many prayers Jordan Love throws up today. Our BFF ref Kemp, who throws more flags than any other official in the league, will have a field day throwing PI flags for every short pass Love throws into oblivion.

meanwhile, the precision based Shanahan offense, which relies less of prayer shots and lucky throws, will suffer because there's a chance Brock's accuracy is off because of a slippery ball. Or one of your receivers loses the ball on a fumble. Or CMC cant get his footing for a typical monstrous run.

WE, FOLKS, ARE SCREWED !

I don't think we are screwed, but it will definitely make things closer. Our offense has not looked good in the rain. We all saw the Cleveland game earlier this year.
34-24 niners. Will be 27-10 before we go conservative with the game already in hand...
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
34-24 niners. Will be 27-10 before we go conservative with the game already in hand...

we're not scoring 30 with the rain. 23 max.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

I like this score. Can't let them score early, that's what has been benefiting them. Give them 2/3rd and longs. Making him have to process in the pocket.

if we can get an early lead it's over imo

Feel like he's had some near fumbles Maybe it's CMC due to his violent running style.

One thing for damn sure….keep Ronnie Bell away from the field lol

Yeah agree with you there. Keep Ronnie away from everything. Bad energy, bad vibes, and bad everything with that guy. Feels like a negative play when he's involved.

rain slows down the pass rush
If I ever had to go to war, DrEll is definitely someone I would NOT want to be in a foxhole with me.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I hate that it's raining but it is what it is. I just hope it's light rain and not pouring.

The aviation forecast at SJC for the game, which is often less dramatic than news outlets, calls for light rain showers and mist throughout, winds SE at 12 until 7p, and then SE at 14 gusting to 29, overcast 3k going to 2k ft, and visibility 6 decreasing to 5 miles.
Is anyone else on puffer having issues? My feed keeps cutting in and out for some reason.
Originally posted by derrickt:
rain slows down the pass rush

That's good for our OL then.
Share 49ersWebzone