There are 153 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

pretty much
Originally posted by 49ersvsPackers:
Originally posted by Patton:
Youngest team in the league, can't hate that 👍
I'm not sure we will make the playoffs next year though.

Your team knows how to draft offensive players...i dont see how they don't make the playoffs next year...Beat up Dallas and almost the niners. Packers were peaking late season.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

pretty much

i hate this guy, made youtube ban him from my recommended
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Originally posted by 49ersvsPackers:
Originally posted by Patton:
Youngest team in the league, can't hate that 👍
I'm not sure we will make the playoffs next year though.

Your team knows how to draft offensive players...i dont see how they don't make the playoffs next year...Beat up Dallas and almost the niners. Packers were peaking late season.

This. Young guys, cost controlled, maybe adjust some contracts. Future is bright in Wisconsin.
I'll take the w, but feels like GB lost it rather than us winning it.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 20, 2024 at 10:21 PM ]
Wow. What a roller coaster of emotions. My thoughts below:

1. Purdy was not himself whatsoever. Just watching him miss easy throws was painful to watch. Clearly the weather affected him. Glad to see him dig deep and drive the team down the field at the end. We were going to have to face adversity at some point. I'm ecstatic we made it through this one.

2. CMC. Wow. This dude is an all-time great 49er after only two seasons. He is a true gamer. He is by far my favorite player now.

3. Jennings is an absolute unit and a glue guy for us. Beyond Greenlaw and CMC, this dude should also get a game ball. Unsung hero.

3. Wilks is going to have to stop being stubborn and start blitzing more. This get home with only rushing 4 is so vanilla. Our pass rush was non existent for 90% of the game.

4. The run defense has got to be fixed. Armstead looked rusty AF and everyone (including me) thought he would help. We are lucky to have limited GB to FG's because they moved the ball at will.

5. I'm sorry, but Jordan Love is not that guy. He played well throughout the second half of the year and against DAL but I wasn't wowed by him one bit. He still has terrible mechanics and footwork and throws off his back foot WAY to often when he doesn't even need to. He threw two costly picks that essentially lost GB the game. Don't get me wrong, he's a decent QB you can win with but all this stuff about him being elite is a joke.
Originally posted by ScoutingBall:
Wow. What a roller coaster of emotions. My thoughts below:

1. Purdy was not himself whatsoever. Just watching him miss easy throws was painful to watch. Clearly the weather affected him. Glad to see him dig deep and drive the team down the field at the end. We were going to have to face adversity at some point. I'm ecstatic we made it through this one.

2. CMC. Wow. This dude is an all-time great 49er after only two seasons. He is a true gamer. He is by far my favorite player now.

3. Jennings is an absolute unit and a glue guy for us. Beyond Greenlaw and CMC, this dude should also get a game ball. Unsung hero.

3. Wilks is going to have to stop being stubborn and start blitzing more. This get home with only rushing 4 is so vanilla. Our pass rush was non existent for 90% of the game.

4. The run defense has got to be fixed. Armstead looked rusty AF and everyone (including me) thought he would help. We are lucky to have limited GB to FG's because they moved the ball at will.

5. I'm sorry, but Jordan Love is not that guy. He played well throughout the second half of the year and against DAL but I wasn't wowed by him one bit. He still has terrible mechanics and footwork and throws off his back foot WAY to often when he doesn't even need to. He threw two costly picks that essentially lost GB the game. Don't get me wrong, he's a decent QB you can win with but all this stuff about him being elite is a joke.

Love has all the makings of an elite QB and has played like one since week 12 he's going to be a monster. It's not like he's got much talent at the WR position or TE position either. Like the excuse we use with Purdy. He's young and this was his first playoff game. GB has a bright future with him.
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Jan 20, 2024 at 10:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Crown:
where is @Hysterical?

he is my MVP.

Never gave up hope and was optimistic through this entire thread.

props.

Kudos to Hysterical. I've been a fan for 43 years and personally threw in the towel with Shanny's record starting the 4th.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by JEP83:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Wow, media dude acknowledging Brock, who woulda thunk

Acho has been a big supporter of Purdy.

This. Its the other media ppl that are haters, but from his play today they have some merits to it.

He was better than everyone's darling of the month Jordan Love, no turnovers, more yards, better rating, and of course, scoreboard.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Jan 20, 2024 at 10:46 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
I'll take the w, but feels like GB lost it rather than us winning it.

No problem with that. They're a good team.

acho supports Purdy
We just tied the Patriots for all time total playoff wins with 37.
Originally posted by Niners99:
We just tied the Patriots for all time total playoff wins with 37.

We also extended our NFC Championship game appearance lead, counting next week, we're at 19.

A win next week also ties us with Dallas for the most NFC Championship wins at 8.

A loss, however, will give us 12 NFC Championship losses, which is the most of any team.

We're currently 7-11.
[ Edited by linkboy on Jan 20, 2024 at 10:54 PM ]
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Jordan Love threw the game-losing pick with 0:49 seconds remaining…..#DESTINY

I have been impressed by him over the past few weeks. That said, his media hype this past week was brutal. And he is still getting praised. If Purdy did what Love did he would be eviscerated.

Of course, what else should we expect.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
This game was too damn much

In my opinion most of us are reacting because the entire team and coaching staff didnt look like we expected after watching all year.

But...

• The rest likely was too much for the team and it resulted in rust.
  • Rain.
  • Packers are a damn good team I dont care if they were #7 - they are legit.
  • Deebo going down.

It was the rain. Whether it was Brock's awful accuracy on gimme plays, or defensive guys falling and letting GB complete wide open passes. We knew the pass rush would be slowed bc of it.

this didn't have to be a game. Statistically we pretty much matched or beat GB in every important line. Passing yards, rushing, etc. And that was one of the worst games we played vs the best game they could play.

Imagine if the elements were a non-factor. We would have likely blown them out…
Share 49ersWebzone