There are 197 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Originally posted by 49ersking:
The defense was avg. The QB was great one drive, avg at other times. The DLINE, getting paid $$$$, played below avg. Special teams, well, anyways.

This team can beat Detroit & Chiefs or Ravens ?

For now, we live to fight another day.

Average for Purdy might be a little high IMO but whatever, point still taken. We really didn't play well in many aspects but yet somehow found a way to win this.

Just watching it live, I'd say our best players were CMC and Jennings on offense. Warner and Greenlaw on defense.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
What was Fred Warner doing? 🤣

Watching Greenlaw on this animation post interception made me laugh way too much.
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
The defense was avg. The QB was great one drive, avg at other times. The DLINE, getting paid $$$$, played below avg. Special teams, well, anyways.

Average for Purdy might be a little high IMO but whatever, point still taken. We really didn't play well in many aspects but yet somehow found a way to win this.

Just watching it live, I'd say our best players were CMC and Jennings on offense. Warner and Greenlaw on defense.

Our D wasn't great at all, but they did hold the Packers to FG's and produced turnovers when it counted most.

Very up and down performance on both sides of the ball.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:

Our D wasn't great at all, but they did hold the Packers to FG's and produced turnovers when it counted most.

Agreed and good point. That's a good summary of it. Very up and down.

I feel like our D did a lot better when they weren't slipping on the field. The equipment guys let them down tonight.
the rain at the end was a sign from the heavens
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
I feel like our D did a lot better when they weren't slipping on the field. The equipment guys let them down tonight.

Definitely a lot of slipping. The D was flat out very good late in the game regardless.

First three quarters was just a slog for our entire team, defense included. Did a good job holding the packers to 3 on the early possessions, but at the same time they dominated the ball. Our offense could never find a rhythm and was s**t overall.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for 49ers81.
All I have to say is that, if the team makes it to the Super Bowl and have to line up against the Ravens, the defensive line is going to have to be a lot better than it was tonight. In fact, it will have to be better than it has been in a number of games this year. It didn't seem like there was very much pressure on Love all night, except on his last throw.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agreed and good point. That's a good summary of it. Very up and down.

Those two turnovers were key to reversing that 0-30 Kyle - losing after trailing in the forth quarter stat. Those two plays were so important to winning the game. At one point, the packers were projected 80% mathematically to win the game, but Greenlaw and his two INT's changed that big time.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers81:
All I have to say is that, if the team makes it to the Super Bowl and have to line up against the Ravens, the defensive line is going to have to be a lot better than it was tonight. In fact, it will have to be better than it has been in a number of games this year. It didn't seem like there was very much pressure on Love all night, except on his last throw.

I think both teams were plying a quick passing game - that's why there wasn't that many sacks on both sides. As for the Ravens, yeah 49rs have to start playing better next week, or it's game over.
Originally posted by picklejuice:
the rain at the end was a sign from the heavens
i was like come on.. let the monsoon happen
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
What was Fred Warner doing? 🤣

Dude warner almost had the pick if greenlaw didnt get it, i think you mean lenoir

Pay attention to him after the INT.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
It's the POs, who cares if they play great or not. Only winning games matters.
And I'm sorry the rain is not a good thing for the Niners specially on offense. Rain evens the level of the teams most of the time. And Purdy despite being super impressive for such a young player is at disadvantage IMHO against someone like Jordan Love in those conditions.
They were rusty at the beginning of the game. They were in a dogfight against a team that had nothing to lose and they found a way to win the game.
That's all you care about.
Before the catch, Joe Montana had three interceptions in the 1982 NFCCG. Someone remembers?
[ Edited by pdc20 on Jan 21, 2024 at 12:28 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ers81:

Offense too, against the Ravens 9ers had more rushing and passing yards than the Ravens. 5 turnovers was the difference, you give the ball back to any opposing QB for 5 bonus drives you'll lose.

Keep Ravens offense off the field by limiting turn overs.
Share 49ersWebzone