There are 425 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

so grateful form the win, but they almost got BOUNCED, and I know they can play better. the near-death experience will wake them up going forward.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by picklejuice:
the rain at the end was a sign from the heavens
i was like come on.. let the monsoon happen

lol it was like that though. On our game winning drive the rain seemed to let up and then when it was the Packers time it started to pour hard. I could visibly see it on the TV lol.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
What was Fred Warner doing? 🤣

He was probably thinking I am going to go back and guard our goaline in case this idiot fumbles the ball and they scoop it up lol.

Warner said he was going to the fans since he knew the game was over until he looked back and Dre was trying to be Deion lol..
I thought we should go OT in the 1st RD of the 2024 draft but now I am thinking we should go corner.
Let's just enjoy this win. Way everyone is talking you would think we lost. It was an ugly game but we won it. Championship teams need to win ugly and when they aren't playing good. Championship teams find a way to win in the end when they played like ass the whole game leading up to that.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I thought we should go OT in the 1st RD of the 2024 draft but now I am thinking we should go corner.

All depends on who's there.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Exactly Young2Owens, you're right. 4rth NFCCG in five years. Another PO victory against Green Bay. I will have a beautiful Sunday.
[ Edited by pdc20 on Jan 21, 2024 at 1:33 AM ]
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
I disagree. Love has the tools, but he's still a long ways away from being an "elite" QB. He benefitted from slips in coverage, PI's and great special teams plays today. But when the game was on the line, his terrible decision making came back to bite him.

This. Without those slips they aren't even in the game. Ambry Witherspoon was back today. Damn I miss Verrett
Love went full Brett Favre on the last play

After losing a heartbreaker like that I'm not sure if making the playoffs was worth it. I'd rather would have gotten blown out than lose a close one.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Dre you're a f**king idiot.

nice pick though.

I said this once already during the FIRST pick and someone gave me flack, I granted I was being a little harsh

nope! not this time. WTF you doing Dre? that said, good JOB
Originally posted by BP13:
so grateful form the win, but they almost got BOUNCED, and I know they can play better. the near-death experience will wake them up going forward.

they've never won a game like that before, in that fashion, under those circumstances, with that pressure. s**t, maybe even in the Shanahan/49er era??? (playoffs, come from behind????)

it was HUGE. they needed that experience.

Shanahan has that monkey off his back (since he's been with us)
they've never won a game like that before, in that fashion, under those circumstances, with that pressure. s**t, maybe even in the Shanahan/49er era??? (playoffs, come from behind????)

Seriously, we always lose those type of games. Huge win.
Originally posted by BP13:

That's a good way to look at it. I could be like some super negative fans that I will not mention and say we have no chance, but our defense severely alarms me. The 4th quarter D was great, but quarters 1-3 were atrocious. We could not stop the run, pass, or generate a pass rush whatsoever.

What can we do moving forward to fix the D the next two games? We will most likely have Goff and then Lamar, Allen, or Mahomes. It does not get any easier and if I'm the opposing team I'm looking at this Niners squad as very vulnerable. Was it a product of rust, the rain, losing Deebo, and playing an extremely hot Packers team? Was this Packers team a true contender and we knocked off a SB caliber team? If that is the case then it's not all doom and gloom, but Wilks better find that pass rush oh I'd say RIGHT NOW!
[ Edited by Silky on Jan 21, 2024 at 3:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone