49ers bounce back from consecutive losses with decisive 30-13 win over Patriots →

There are 248 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crown:
I wasnt my best in this thread last night.

I am usually the level headed one but I got so pissed at the minimal rushing attempts.

I think more for CMC and getting Mason in would have made a difference.

You're telling me. I think I embarrassed myself at my friends house getting crazy.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I am usually the level headed one but I got so pissed at the minimal rushing attempts.

You're telling me. I think I embarrassed myself at my friends house getting crazy.

Yeah, I admittedly will vent here and overreact at times(nothing crazy) but I had myself questioning why I even watch sports last night. I was ready to pack it up and find a new hobby lol.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yeah, I admittedly will vent here and overreact at times(nothing crazy) but I had myself questioning why I even watch sports last night. I was ready to pack it up and find a new hobby lol.

HaHa At one point I said I am not watching football next season.

Well I ran out of people to block...you made the cut...could not have been too bad...

Love shanny, I do...but we need some function over form. Run the damn ball...you were not wrong
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Did Mason or Mitchell even see the field. I just didn't understand Kyle's game plan. It's raining. Your quarterback is having issues with accuracy and gripping the ball. The Packers are clearly baiting your QB to throw. At the minimum, if you're not going to exploit that D with CMC, soften it up with Mason. Use the run and open up the play action. Or at least set up some screens.

Kyle just went commando like he did vs Baltimore and put the ball in Brock's wet hands and told him to go get it. We're just lucky that GB is a young team that doesn't know how to finish. Lafleur may be the only coach in the league that has smaller cajones than Kyle. He didn't finish us off when he had the chance to, and that missed FG at the end cost them the game. If he had stayed aggressive after 53 yard run, he could've finished us off…we were reeling.

But Kyle's game plan
I felt this was gonna be a sweat job and it was. Cant imagine watching yest game thinkin we were gonna beat the brakes off then. Some of u mustve been on edge big time
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Well I ran out of people to block...you made the cut...could not have been too bad...

Love shanny, I do...but we need some function over form. Run the damn ball...you were not wrong

Kyle is so deep in his play sheet at times, trying to set up future things, I think he fails to see the actual momentum on the field, which is crucial in football.
They were pillaging our asses till late 4th qtr, then Niners forced the last pillage on DAT ASS!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
A win is a win

At the end of the day...this
Did JiAyre Brown play last night? Thought I heard his name but didn't see him.
[ Edited by ChuckLeavy32 on Jan 21, 2024 at 7:22 AM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DrEll:
Did Mason or Mitchell even see the field. I just didn't understand Kyle's game plan. It's raining. Your quarterback is having issues with accuracy and gripping the ball. The Packers are clearly baiting your QB to throw. At the minimum, if you're not going to exploit that D with CMC, soften it up with Mason. Use the run and open up the play action. Or at least set up some screens.

Kyle just went commando like he did vs Baltimore and put the ball in Brock's wet hands and told him to go get it. We're just lucky that GB is a young team that doesn't know how to finish. Lafleur may be the only coach in the league that has smaller cajones than Kyle. He didn't finish us off when he had the chance to, and that missed FG at the end cost them the game. If he had stayed aggressive after 53 yard run, he could've finished us off…we were reeling.

But Kyle's game plan

I honestly don't understand Shanahan's thinking when he just gives all the snaps to CMC. Why not use Mitchell and Mason to not only give CMC a break but to keep the defense guess. Mitchell seems to be a decent receiver outta the backfield and Mason seems to get break away runs when he's out there.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Kyle is so deep in his play sheet at times, trying to set up future things, I think he fails to see the actual momentum on the field, which is crucial in football.

I feel that sometimes to. Rather then calling a play for that momentum, he just overthinks s**t. If you need a play for 5 yards, call a play that will get you 5 yards. The 3 passes in a row that leads to a 3 and outs is frustrating when you know thebrun game is working.
After sleeping on it, I realized that i expected a loss after the third quarter. The fact that they came back and won hopefully will help them moving forward.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I thought we should go OT in the 1st RD of the 2024 draft but now I am thinking we should go corner.

I was thinking the same thing watching Ambry Thomas try to cover....wasn't he on the bench at this time last year?
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Last night's game didn't put a fear into anyone left in the playoffs though about the niners
Share 49ersWebzone