There are 325 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Originally posted by Montana:
I was surprised Love threw it across his body like that with so little time left..I was like, this may not end well for Love here...and boom big play Dre.

I was frustrated with Thomas lol, I had to step away from the game for a while after that PI call that resulted in a TD lol. It seemed all the momentum was going towards GB and was pretty discouraged...but..it's the 49ers

I think he did that precisely cuz there was so little time left. You have to take chances when down late and little clock remaining. Those aren't chances you normally take.
Originally posted by dj43:
I am neither surprised nor disappointed in the game. I told a friend the 9.5-point line was too high. I predicted 3.5 would be closer. That is how it played out.

Aaron Jones and the GB running attack proved to be as good as I thought. Our Edge defenders didn't help things by being unaware of WRs blocking on outside runs. I blame that partially on coaching. LaFleur learned from Shanahan and Kyle demands his receivers block DEs. Our DEs should have been more aware.

GB's interior pressure on passing plays played a big role in Purdy's off-target throws. In his presser, Kyle mentioned "hands in his face" and "vision being blocked by GB's pass rushers." Clark, Wyatt, and Slaton had pressure all night.

Rust and underestimating a quality opponent were the culprits. Kudos to Purdy for earning Kyle's first 4th quarter comeback in 31 tries. A learning experience for all.

What's sad is that this was the most shotgun Brock's been in all season (per the broadcast). And this was still happening.

Silver Lining Alert: Maybe this is Kyle finally seeing the issue here and that he can't scheme around everything.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Montana:
I was surprised Love threw it across his body like that with so little time left..I was like, this may not end well for Love here...and boom big play Dre.

I was frustrated with Thomas lol, I had to step away from the game for a while after that PI call that resulted in a TD lol. It seemed all the momentum was going towards GB and was pretty discouraged...but..it's the 49ers

I think he did that precisely cuz there was so little time left. You have to take chances when down late and little clock remaining. Those aren't chances you normally take.

TBF, the odds of him getting a free P.I. there was very high. LOL
Originally posted by picklejuice:

That's so freaking cool.
anybody else wake up with the "just lucky to still be here" vibes?

CMC put the team on his back

Not to be a Debbie downer, but after rewatching the play a bunch of times, Aiyuk could've gotten called for a block in the back it looks like. Kind of seemed like a big impact on the play too.

Lot of calls that didn't go our way too so not saying we were greatly helped out or anything. Just commenting on this one specific play.
Originally posted by BP13:

100% !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
Did JiAyre Brown play last night? Thought I heard his name but didn't see him.

Kyle said in his post game presser he didn't want to throw a rookie in there with minimal practice

Makes sense. Thank you

100% !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did too. Going into that 4th quarter and knowing the recent history when trailing I had a bad feeling. I was thinking this year was our best shot to get back there and we were blowing it.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

100% !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did too. Going into that 4th quarter and knowing the recent history when trailing I had a bad feeling. I was thinking this year was our best shot to get back there and we were blowing it.

i had the same feeling. I expect to see the 49ers we all know and love in the NFCCG.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Hehe Internet people

Across his body though? And it was 1st and 10? Just throw it out of bounds. It was a bad decision imo.
Share 49ersWebzone