There are 462 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

• All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Love played well but is over hyped.... he did what I thought he would do, when pressured make mistakes with the ball. We got him twice but should have been more.

Not overhyped at all. A damn good foundational player given it was his 1st full year as the starter.

This is his 4th season though. They're about to sign him to 40-50M/yr after half a season of good play and a ton of questionable interceptions.

i was starting to not believe/trust in brock purdy for the first time ever in the 3rd quarter. maybe its all in my head
[ Edited by picklejuice on Jan 21, 2024 at 9:16 AM ]
Originally posted by ritz126:
its over confidence in his arm he's gotten away with it on a few plays. Definitely a bad decision

I think the crowd noise and the moment got to him,...which was good for us.
Originally posted by All22:
Love played well but is over hyped.... he did what I thought he would do, when pressured make mistakes with the ball. We got him twice but should have been more.

Not overhyped at all. A damn good foundational player given it was his 1st full year as the starter.

This is his 4th season though. They're about to sign him to 40-50M/yr after half a season of good play and a ton of questionable interceptions.

I'm not privy to the numbers, but he's more than earned that extension if you've seen him the last 10 or so weeks of football. A number of teams would love to have him.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 21, 2024 at 9:17 AM ]
The sole purpose of a so called sports analyst is to get "attention".
All week there will be a few who will say strange things even though facts/evidence points otherwise.
Its all entertainment, life goes on.
Originally posted by picklejuice:

i was starting to not believe/trust in brock purdy for the first time ever in the 3rd quarter

It is not so much that I did not trust BP, trust, he has had from me for a long ass time lol but it was more that things were just kinda falling apart momentum wise..and how that affects the whole team. It's like a stack of cards..so many can fall until the whole pile just collapses. Steve Young referred to it as "bleeding out". I was afraid we couldn't stop the bleeding. That was my worry. BP has mental and emotional balance, like steel lol. Sure, he looked a little off at times but damn who wouldn't when things were going the way they were. When we lose Deebo, Moody misses an fg, so many damn penalties, the PI calls..it was just like..feeling like you are about to go off the edge of a cliff. Purdy stepped the hell up when it was needed and just didn't panic. I am not surprised he was able to do it but s**t..that was uncomfortable hahaha. When I say I trust BP..I don't expect him to be perfect either..but I trust him a lot more often than not to make wise decisions, to play how he has been gifted to play, he is a damn good qb:)
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 21, 2024 at 9:40 AM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Ppl are making too big a deal on this, announcers said openly the rain started back and was just pouring sheets of rain at the end. Worst int of all time, lol whatever. He's down late and is trying to make a play, end of story.

It was a horrible decision. That's the throw you make when its 4th and 18 and youre just desperately trying to make something happen, not when its 1st down and you still have 2 timeouts and nearly a minute to go.

It's not the only time he's done that either, for whatever reason he seems to melt down late in games and throw bad picks.

I'm glad he did it but he has some bad tendencies, including continually throwing off his back foot which is something else that will catch up with him over time.

Bad tendencies ? Wait, Orlovsky did a whole segment on ESPN excusing his back foot throws as "god-like" because his arm swings sidewards almost like throwing a baseball. They were quite impressed with it at the wide world of sports

I'm 100% giving him that money. He's literally playing with a bunch of rookies and second year players and he almost took down a roster of all pros.
Originally posted by Montana:
I think he did that precisely cuz there was so little time left. You have to take chances when down late and little clock remaining. Those aren't chances you normally take.

Across his body though? And it was 1st and 10? Just throw it out of bounds. It was a bad decision imo.

Yep - that's the learning experience.....on 1st or 2nd down especially - throw it away and live for another play. Green Bay is n good position to be a solid contender.....but you never know year-to-year.
[ Edited by 49erBrodie70 on Jan 21, 2024 at 9:47 AM ]
Originally posted by DrEll:
Ppl are making too big a deal on this, announcers said openly the rain started back and was just pouring sheets of rain at the end. Worst int of all time, lol whatever. He's down late and is trying to make a play, end of story.

It was a horrible decision. That's the throw you make when its 4th and 18 and youre just desperately trying to make something happen, not when its 1st down and you still have 2 timeouts and nearly a minute to go.

It's not the only time he's done that either, for whatever reason he seems to melt down late in games and throw bad picks.

I'm glad he did it but he has some bad tendencies, including continually throwing off his back foot which is something else that will catch up with him over time.

Bad tendencies ? Wait, Orlovsky did a whole segment on ESPN excusing his back foot throws as "god-like" because his arm swings sidewards almost like throwing a baseball. They were quite impressed with it at the wide world of sports

LOL.

Originally posted by Montana:

Lol we were thinking the same thing. Exactly.

I called it out several times in the original gameday thread leading up to the game. I said we would make him pay for it and we did.
Purdy had had an excellent last drive. Good for his confidence.

Kyle on the other hand, was a bit off on some of his play calls, strange, and maybe that's who he is. The good side was that he stuck to the run game, which was a relief.
I guess with Kyle, you have to live with the good and the bad. Hopefully the good outweigh the bad, hope.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

I'm 100% giving him that money. He's literally playing with a bunch of rookies and second year players and he almost took down a roster of all pros.

He did take down one roster with All pros all over the team in 9 and almost took down the other with 7. Yes he deserves that money 💰 I would pay him.
Originally posted by grif:
Originally posted by joeknows:
That's where my user name comes from. It's been a bit forgotten now but 'Joe Knows Super Bowls' became a bit of a saying for a while (though it was a riff on 'Bo Knows', for the multi-sport Bo Jackson).

hey..........you ever heard the country song "Joe knows how to live?"

No, I'm from the UK, so I probably missed that part of the reference!!!
Originally posted by DrEll:

Orlovsky also did this as a player, he just does/says dumb stuff at times.

Share 49ersWebzone