Good grief, Brock is not the guy

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
God Brock sucks. This is worse than JG.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
purdy is fuken trash.

Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Purdy is really not the guy

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Well completely off the hype train for Purdy. Too many Big games where he did not show up.

Originally posted by BYisGod:
People compared Purdy to Joe

Originally posted by VA9erfan:
Baltimore game ruined Purdy

The media is absolutely right. Everything needs to be perfect for Purdy.

Originally posted by JTB1974:
Brock has been so awful tonight that I think even Darnold would have given us a better chance.

Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
Purdy can't play in the rain.

Purdy can't play from behind.

Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Purdy is not the. Answer

Originally posted by luis1985:
Purdy can't handle the pressure. He lost all his confidence during the week after all the trash talk.

Originally posted by 49ERnation:
This is literally the worst QB play we have had since before Alex smith this is unreal

Originally posted by Sickaa:
Brock can't handle the pressure.. the makeshift OL that Kyle and Lynch built to protect him doesn't exactly help either

Originally posted by dhp318:
Damn now we have to look for another QB?

Originally posted by Ark49er:
That might be it. Chase Young will not be back and Purdy is not the guy

So, do we still need to look for a new QB?

We need to pin this somewhere lol

I stick with my statements made there, he was trash until the game winning drive.

Fair but then you have to call Montana trash at Purdys career stage too.

you cant have it both ways.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jds_49ers:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
Anyone else hoping Kyle had a few plays up his sleeve that he was saving for the playoffs? JJ running the ball wasn't it I hope lol

In his presser, Kyle admitted he called the play based on his wristband a game plan. It was not until he looked out on the field that he realized JJ was there and not Deebo.

Yeah I heard him say that, like that was better lol. I mean damn the coach doesnt even know who was in the game? I guess you could say he thought Ray Ray was in cause he has run a few of the Deebo packages, but damn lol

The funny part is right before the ball was hiked JJ looked at Brock and said something like "is this for real ?! ". Then he pretty much got massacred at the point of attack…
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by jds_49ers:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
Anyone else hoping Kyle had a few plays up his sleeve that he was saving for the playoffs? JJ running the ball wasn't it I hope lol

In his presser, Kyle admitted he called the play based on his wristband a game plan. It was not until he looked out on the field that he realized JJ was there and not Deebo.

Yeah I heard him say that, like that was better lol. I mean damn the coach doesnt even know who was in the game? I guess you could say he thought Ray Ray was in cause he has run a few of the Deebo packages, but damn lol

The funny part is right before the ball was hiked JJ looked at Brock and said something like "is this for real ?! ". Then he pretty much got massacred at the point of attack…
JJ used to have some running plays at Tenn
Originally posted by DrEll:

JJ gonna holdout now for wideback money
Man. I remember a certain game, with a certain quarterback, who threw a pass in the endzone who made a pretty remarkable catch. What most people don't remember is that certain quarterback threw like a half dozen interceptions that game, and he played like ass... until it counted. and now the only thing anyone remembers is that catch, and what came after it.

just keep winning guys.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by MrGriz:
Man. I remember a certain game, with a certain quarterback, who threw a pass in the endzone who made a pretty remarkable catch. What most people don't remember is that certain quarterback threw like a half dozen interceptions that game, and he played like ass... until it counted. and now the only thing anyone remembers is that catch, and what came after it.

just keep winning guys.

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MrGriz:

just keep winning guys.

this is exactly right.

Kids raised on madden don't have perspective.
Good video. A lot of truth here if you have an open mind..

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
hello cousins

Good grief, Brock is not the guy

God Brock sucks. This is worse than JG.

purdy is fuken trash.

Purdy is really not the guy

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Well completely off the hype train for Purdy. Too many Big games where he did not show up.

People compared Purdy to Joe

Originally posted by VA9erfan:
Baltimore game ruined Purdy

The media is absolutely right. Everything needs to be perfect for Purdy.

Originally posted by JTB1974:
Brock has been so awful tonight that I think even Darnold would have given us a better chance.

Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
Purdy can't play in the rain.

Purdy can't play from behind.

Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Purdy is not the. Answer

Originally posted by luis1985:
Purdy can't handle the pressure. He lost all his confidence during the week after all the trash talk.

Originally posted by 49ERnation:
This is literally the worst QB play we have had since before Alex smith this is unreal

Originally posted by Sickaa:
Brock can't handle the pressure.. the makeshift OL that Kyle and Lynch built to protect him doesn't exactly help either

Originally posted by dhp318:
Damn now we have to look for another QB?

Originally posted by Ark49er:
That might be it. Chase Young will not be back and Purdy is not the guy

So, do we still need to look for a new QB?

We need to pin this somewhere lol

I stick with my statements made there, he was trash until the game winning drive.

Fair but then you have to call Montana trash at Purdys career stage too.

you cant have it both ways.

I'm confused who found all of those but great work lol. Expose them.
Originally posted by 9erson3:

Purdy struggle. Did we win? What a CLOWN! Jordan Love LOST. JORDAN LOVE STRUGGLE!

There is truth but there was also the continual doubting of Brock. Kyle schemed the final drive.... he has limitations...specifically rain... blah blah blah. They were literally talking like the Niners should look for another QB to replace Brock....

It has been said he cant come back and now that he has, they are all saying "yeah, but not like that" Crazy
Originally posted by ubaisore:
There is truth but there was also the continual doubting of Brock. Kyle schemed the final drive.... he has limitations...specifically rain... blah blah blah. They were literally talking like the Niners should look for another QB to replace Brock....

It has been said he cant come back and now that he has, they are all saying "yeah, but not like that" Crazy

It seems an odd take. That's what they wanted him to do all year long.

Only QB in the league that I know of that gets criticized like a LOSS when he had an ACTUAL WIN. It's bizarre really. They need to stop already.

Everybody locked onto Brock every conversation. There was a lot more to the video than Brock. It's the sum of parts. The defense has taken a step back. It is true Kyle can get locked into his mindset during a game. The team is aging. If it doesn't happen soon, like now or next year, it's gonna be try after next roster reload. Man, the Dallas and Philly games, it felt like we are unstoppable. Since Ravens, even Rams, some of that luster is not quite there.

It doesn't mean we can't and won't win next week but it really is getting to now or never in this book. I think the biggest mistake was holding on to Jimmy for too long. And Trey wasn't the answer either. Buts let's do this before the next reload.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Jan 21, 2024 at 9:52 PM ]

Everybody locked onto Brock every conversation. There was a lot more to the video than Brock. It's the sum of parts. The defense has taken a step back. It is true Kyle can get locked into his mindset during a game.

I agree the video wasn't so much a criticism of brock as it was of Shanahan's tendencies. The truth is, I don't know how you watch that game last night and not worry about a few things with this team as a whole. I still believe they can win, but between this and the Raven's game, there some serious questions surrounding this team, like the total absence of a pass rush, and Kyle's refusal to make adjustments.

Its ok to ask questions and notice patterns. Fans still should be optimistic and hopeful, but consider that this board and fan base, was one Brock Purdy game winning drive away from calling for everyone's termination, including Brock's, had we lost the game. All you have to do to see this is look at NINER TALK for 90% of the game.
[ Edited by BP13 on Jan 21, 2024 at 9:55 PM ]
Originally posted by BP13:

Everybody locked onto Brock every conversation. There was a lot more to the video than Brock. It's the sum of parts. The defense has taken a step back. It is true Kyle can get locked into his mindset during a game.

I agree the video wasn't so much a criticism of brock as it was of Shanahan's tendencies. The truth is, I don't know how you watch that game last night and not worry about a few things with this team as a whole. I still believe they can win, but between this and the Raven's game, there some serious questions surrounding this team, like the total absence of a pass rush, and Kyle's refusal to make adjustments.

Its ok to ask questions and notice patterns. Fans still should be optimistic and hopeful, but consider that this board and fan base, was one Brock Purdy game winning drive away from calling for everyone's termination, including Brock's, had we lost the game. All you have to do to see this is look at NINER TALK for 90% of the game.
No one said it wasnt. I did say there was a lot of truth but it always feels like we have to defend BP. Shanahan does need to adjust more quickly. I was calling for Elijah and Jordan to get some carries to pound the Packers a bit more. The defense really feels like it is scheme that is the difference. Maybe some guys have regressed but it seems odd that they all regressed at the same time. Just feels like the world is staying on the talk about BP and I wish that they would get off that so we can look into the things that are our true deficiencies.
Share 49ersWebzone