There are 252 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Originally posted by ubaisore:
No one said it wasnt. I did say there was a lot of truth but it always feels like we have to defend BP. Shanahan does need to adjust more quickly. I was calling for Elijah and Jordan to get some carries to pound the Packers a bit more. The defense really feels like it is scheme that is the difference. Maybe some guys have regressed but it seems odd that they all regressed at the same time. Just feels like the world is staying on the talk about BP and I wish that they would get off that so we can look into the things that are our true deficiencies.
I agree with everything you said, good points. The Brock Talk is unfair and counter-productive
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
hello cousins

Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Good grief, Brock is not the guy

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
God Brock sucks. This is worse than JG.

purdy is fuken trash.

Purdy is really not the guy

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Well completely off the hype train for Purdy. Too many Big games where he did not show up.

Originally posted by BYisGod:
People compared Purdy to Joe

Originally posted by VA9erfan:
Baltimore game ruined Purdy

The media is absolutely right. Everything needs to be perfect for Purdy.

Originally posted by JTB1974:
Brock has been so awful tonight that I think even Darnold would have given us a better chance.

Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
Purdy can't play in the rain.

Purdy can't play from behind.

Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Purdy is not the. Answer

Originally posted by luis1985:
Purdy can't handle the pressure. He lost all his confidence during the week after all the trash talk.

Originally posted by 49ERnation:
This is literally the worst QB play we have had since before Alex smith this is unreal

Originally posted by Sickaa:
Brock can't handle the pressure.. the makeshift OL that Kyle and Lynch built to protect him doesn't exactly help either

Originally posted by dhp318:
Damn now we have to look for another QB?

Originally posted by Ark49er:
That might be it. Chase Young will not be back and Purdy is not the guy

So, do we still need to look for a new QB?

We need to pin this somewhere lol

I stick with my statements made there, he was trash until the game winning drive.

Fair but then you have to call Montana trash at Purdys career stage too.

you cant have it both ways.

If Montana was playing how Purdy was playing yesterday until the final drive then yes he was playing like garbage too. I'm not having it both ways, I'm just reacting to how he was playing. Am I supposed to say Purdy was playing great with those missed throws... I'm not gonna lie to myself and think Purdy never plays bad and I'm gonna call it how I saw it. He was playing bad, like Jimmy G like until like 6 mins left when we got the ball then he turned to the Purdy that we were accustomed to seeing.

I think I said even more stuff , you can look it up since you guys have the time
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Jan 22, 2024 at 12:09 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Good video. A lot of truth here if you have an open mind..

Cowherd tries to sound like an expert on things he doesn't know much about. You could tell he doesn't actually know much about the 49ers. He looked at an isolated game that had bad weather and a Niner team that had been resting 3 weeks and ripped them on every detail. If he had been paying attention all season he'd have seen that Purdy isn't a "question mark" going forward. Its not raining next week so im not sure why any of that matters now.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Cowherd tries to sound like an expert on things he doesn't know much about. You could tell he doesn't actually know much about the 49ers. He looked at an isolated game that had bad weather and a Niner team that had been resting 3 weeks and ripped them on every detail. If he had been paying attention all season he'd have seen that Purdy isn't a "question mark" going forward. Its not raining next week so im not sure why any of that matters now.

I watch many of his clips throughout the football year and he was a big 9er fan. So no, I don't agree.

yep cowherd is a douche, he has the worst takes
I saw this on TikTok scrolling... I thought if we beat the Packers we would be tied, are actually in the lead now with playoff wins?

https://www.tiktok.com/@nfloncbs/video/7326404054626733355?lang=en

Posted by NFL on CBS.

Goodell likes ratings right, this must be some what good for us.

Great Job to whomever was those fans that helped out!

Great Job to whomever was those fans that helped out!

I didn't know his son was on our coaching staff. Interesting that he chose football over basketball.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by BP13:
so grateful form the win, but they almost got BOUNCED, and I know they can play better. the near-death experience will wake them up going forward.

they've never won a game like that before, in that fashion, under those circumstances, with that pressure. s**t, maybe even in the Shanahan/49er era??? (playoffs, come from behind????)

it was HUGE. they needed that experience.

Shanahan has that monkey off his back (since he's been with us)

That's a good way to look at it. I could be like some super negative fans that I will not mention and say we have no chance, but our defense severely alarms me. The 4th quarter D was great, but quarters 1-3 were atrocious. We could not stop the run, pass, or generate a pass rush whatsoever.

What can we do moving forward to fix the D the next two games? We will most likely have Goff and then Lamar, Allen, or Mahomes. It does not get any easier and if I'm the opposing team I'm looking at this Niners squad as very vulnerable. Was it a product of rust, the rain, losing Deebo, and playing an extremely hot Packers team? Was this Packers team a true contender and we knocked off a SB caliber team? If that is the case then it's not all doom and gloom, but Wilks better find that pass rush oh I'd say RIGHT NOW!

they bent, but didn't break most of the time in the Red zone at least. hoping another week will give them a chance to show they've tightened up a bit.

run defense and pass rush are what alarm me

The pass rush is really alarming. If we make it to the SB against BAL, we're done....again.

um... yeah.

I don't know how you stop Lamar.

Lamar hasn't fumbled the ball in a while. I think its mostly luck or defenses just aren't seeing it on tape. But Lamar holds the ball like a loaf of bread when he runs just waiting to be knocked out.

knocked the ball out of his hands in 2019 regular season while they were close to scoring

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
hello cousins

Good grief, Brock is not the guy

God Brock sucks. This is worse than JG.

purdy is fuken trash.

Purdy is really not the guy

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Well completely off the hype train for Purdy. Too many Big games where he did not show up.

People compared Purdy to Joe

Originally posted by VA9erfan:
Baltimore game ruined Purdy

The media is absolutely right. Everything needs to be perfect for Purdy.

Originally posted by JTB1974:
Brock has been so awful tonight that I think even Darnold would have given us a better chance.

Originally posted by Ninerlakerdodger:
Purdy can't play in the rain.

Purdy can't play from behind.

Originally posted by GLT49ers:
Purdy is not the. Answer

Originally posted by luis1985:
Purdy can't handle the pressure. He lost all his confidence during the week after all the trash talk.

Originally posted by 49ERnation:
This is literally the worst QB play we have had since before Alex smith this is unreal

Originally posted by Sickaa:
Brock can't handle the pressure.. the makeshift OL that Kyle and Lynch built to protect him doesn't exactly help either

Originally posted by dhp318:
Damn now we have to look for another QB?

Originally posted by Ark49er:
That might be it. Chase Young will not be back and Purdy is not the guy

So, do we still need to look for a new QB?

f**king forty whiner fans

Yikes, those were some rips there. Lol
Originally posted by Montana:

Yikes, those were some rips there. Lol

My rip there was factual.
My rip there was factual.

That Purdy is trash? I really don't think so lol

My fave game comment was probably, "Defense fell more times than Biden". Haha

I watch many of his clips throughout the football year and he was a big 9er fan. So no, I don't agree.

Cowherd is trash. He can't stand to give Purdy any credit and is just very dismissive of him, even when experts like Cosell show him otherwise.
Share 49ersWebzone