There are 371 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

Shop Find 49ers gear online

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2023 Season Divisional Round

• thl408
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Cowherd is trash. He can't stand to give Purdy any credit and is just very dismissive of him, even when experts like Cosell show him otherwise.

I typically like cowherd but I feel like he wants Brock to fail simply cause he wears a hat backwards at some press conferences. Lmao

Cowherd is a clown, just 5 weeks ago he was lamenting that Jordan Love just wasn't the answer now he's riding his knob. also loves Jalen Hurts, yeah the guy with 19 turnovers this season who couldn't get past the first round, because "he is so buttoned up at the podium." Cowherd is the older version of Nick Wright.

I can't take him seriously. He was dead serious when he said Brock isn't a franchise QB because of the way he wears his baseball cap. WTF does that have to do with anything?
Cowherd is trash. He can't stand to give Purdy any credit and is just very dismissive of him, even when experts like Cosell show him otherwise.

I typically like cowherd but I feel like he wants Brock to fail simply cause he wears a hat backwards at some press conferences. Lmao

Cowherd is a clown, just 5 weeks ago he was lamenting that Jordan Love just wasn't the answer now he's riding his knob. also loves Jalen Hurts, yeah the guy with 19 turnovers this season who couldn't get past the first round, because "he is so buttoned up at the podium." Cowherd is the older version of Nick Wright.

That's the most annoying quote I've heard from a talking head in a very long time.

He also said Tomlin is the best coach on the podium.

How about the best dressed head coach? Most fit? Coolest personality? Most empathetic? Most educated?

My god, the things people will comment on....lol.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

That's the most annoying quote I've heard from a talking head in a very long time.

He also said Tomlin is the best coach on the podium.

How about the best dressed head coach? Most fit? Coolest personality? Most empathetic? Most educated?

My god, the things people will comment on....lol.

It's like a high school yearbook.....best personality, most likely to succeed, best car, you know, important stuff.
It is truly hard to believe we only gave up 21 total points after recording ZERO sacks and GB only punting ONCE (which came in the 4th Quarter). Got to believe this defense has a their signature game coming up in the last two.
Originally posted by ScoutingBall:
It is truly hard to believe we only gave up 21 total points after recording ZERO sacks and GB only punting ONCE (which came in the 4th Quarter). Got to believe this defense has a their signature game coming up in the last two.

It's time they put it together. Goff is typically stationary so those pressures should convert into hits.

I hope St Brown is strictly out of the slot because I trust Lenoir on him. Ambry is going to need to get his mojo back because just a few weeks ago he was fine.
It's clear after re-watching the game that GB was on a team-wide heater. They were at the apex of peaking at the right time and an extremely tough out.
We were lucky to get past them... duh.
Just read that this game was the most watched telecast on Saturday nights since the 1994 winter Olympics
Niner fans what do you guys think of our WRs?
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

I love me some uncle Sherm, but he's a little unhinged here. He went full on insult mode lol.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Just read that this game was the most watched telecast on Saturday nights since the 1994 winter Olympics

49ers are box office

I guess I see this a little different than many.

The whole team looked rusty, not rested.
49ers front four...WTH?!
Deebo went out early.
Special teams were bad.
Only ONE penalty called against a Packer team that was holding all night.
Wet field that seemed to reach up and trip the defense on every other third down.
Purdy doesn't play well with the 'wet ball'

...yet...we managed to suck it up, put it together when it mattered most, and put away the upstarts.
Purdy had his 'from behind, missing weapon, bad conditions' drive.
Defense put the clamps on the wonder boy

Frankly...phft...they just had a game where so many things went wrong, that if felt like God was mad, and we STILL won.

#6 is coming home this year!!
Originally posted by 49ersvsPackers:
Niner fans what do you guys think of our WRs?

Watson- seems like he is cursed with the injury bug. Only played in 11 games this year and had more than 3 catches in only two games. Looks like his opening night game vs KC was an aberration. As well as his performance last year vs DAL. Only 3 100 yard games in 23 games. Don't think he will ever be a number one guy.

Doubs- looks like another fringe #2 but only one career 100 yard game (in 30 games) and that was vs DAL in the playoffs where he was wide open. Did well vs us but again his big catches came when we slipped in the secondary.

Reed- looks like the best of the bunch but don't think he is or ever will be a true high volume #1 guy. I mean everyone expected a big game from him against us after he went catch-less vs Dallas but he only went for 4 rec 35 yards.

Melton- don't think he even gets run in a solid WR room. Backup who can play in case of injuries.

In short, I don't think there is any ONE dominant guy. I think its a bunch or 2's and 3's where there's more depth than top level talent. I wouldn't take any of them over Deebo or Aiyuk and I don't think any of them are breaking the top 40 WR in the league list.
Originally posted by DrEll:

I love me some uncle Sherm, but he's a little unhinged here. He went full on insult mode lol.

Love it! He is just getting tired of the stupid arguments

Yup. Sherm says the facts.

Nice to have someone on our side.
Share 49ersWebzone