LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 309 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Why not use CMC like Deebo and put another RB on the field?

I think that would be a great idea, an interesting wrinkle in the offense. Im in favor of anything where CMC touches the ball in any way, as much as possible
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Questions for this weekend.

1) Should the 49ers make any personnel changes for this game. If so, what.

2) Should Shanahan use Mitchell and Mason more

3) will the crowd be loud enough at Levis...Doesnt seem we have enough of that

1. No
2. No
3. Yes

No? You want Logan Ryan to continue to get torched in coverage and blow tackles?

I don't pretend to know this team and players better than the coaches. So if whatever personnel they go with I'm gonna side with the coaches that get to see the practices.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran

I think we all agree that it would be a great idea specially with CMC in the slot.
Mitchell and Mason are good RBs too.
But it's Kyle we talk about so it's gonna be Ray-Ray or Conley.
Kyle will say and maybe he's right that by moving CMC to the slot, you change two players in the line-up.
I think the Niners would lose less firepower with Mitchell or Mason on the field but I'm not a coach. I'm just watching from my chair.

Shanny has done it before in the past, but it's not even remotely comparable the what Deebo does to defensive personnel because Mitchell doesn't factor in the pass game the way Deebo does. Also, I think ultimately the greatest effect of having Deebo on the field is it makes DBs tackle, and DBs don't like tackling Deebo.
The Lions offense is better than the 49ers, especially if Deebo doesn't play. We know how good their offense is. This game lies mainly on the 49ers defense side of the ball...which unfortunately has issues. They need to show up and execute. A lot of pressure on Wilks to come up with plan. I'm not high on him, but he is who we have now and I hope he comes up with something.

In who's mind is the Detroit offense better? Im not really sure where you get that. Pretty sure most everyone agrees that the Niners have way more talent on offense than most any team and most definetely the Lions.
Lions are gonna get punched in the f**ken mouth and their only response will be to bite kneecaps
Originally posted by BP13:

I think that would be a great idea, an interesting wrinkle in the offense. Im in favor of anything where CMC touches the ball in any way, as much as possible

Let's keep this PG-13
Originally posted by Heroism:

Shanny has done it before in the past, but it's not even remotely comparable the what Deebo does to defensive personnel because Mitchell doesn't factor in the pass game the way Deebo does. Also, I think ultimately the greatest effect of having Deebo on the field is it makes DBs tackle, and DBs don't like tackling Deebo.

Its not like its easy to tackle CMC either. Those plays where we have Deebo running across the formation as the ball is snapped makes defenses hesitant because they don't know whether the ball is going to CMC one way or to Deebo going the other way. I absolutely think those plays will work with CMC playing the Deebo role.
Originally posted by NinerRider:
The Lions offense is better than the 49ers, especially if Deebo doesn't play. We know how good their offense is. This game lies mainly on the 49ers defense side of the ball...which unfortunately has issues. They need to show up and execute. A lot of pressure on Wilks to come up with plan. I'm not high on him, but he is who we have now and I hope he comes up with something.

In who's mind is the Detroit offense better? Im not really sure where you get that. Pretty sure most everyone agrees that the Niners have way more talent on offense than most any team and most definetely the Lions.

Lions have a ton of talent on O
I wouldn't say Detroit has a better O, I wouldn't say we are way more talented either.

They have elite WRs
Elite RBs
Solid QB
Top OL
Elite TE

We have elite WRs
Top RB
Better QB
Good OL
Elite TE

It's pretty close no matter how you slice it
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NinerRider:

Lions have a ton of talent on O
I wouldn't say Detroit has a better O, I wouldn't say we are way more talented either.

They have elite WRs
Elite RBs
Solid QB
Top OL
Elite TE

We have elite WRs
Top RB
Better QB
Good OL
Elite TE

It's pretty close no matter how you slice it

Play caller heavy advantage 49ers

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I'm expecting the lions to struggle. Their offense is built for turf. Goff doesn't move. It is a good matchup for the niners. Only.two things could stop the niners.

Deebos injury
Shanahans tic tac testicles and in game adjustments/coaching.
Deebo's injury was only an issue because we lost him at the beginning of the game and obviously our gameplan heavily utilized him.
We can scheme around his absence like we've done in the past. Purdy has played and won multiple games without Deebo in the lineup. Bubble wrap Deebo and get him ready for the Supe.
Dan Campbell is a mouth-breather. With that said it would be such a Kyle thing to lose to him.
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Jan 24, 2024 at 12:18 PM ]
  • thl408

Its not like its easy to tackle CMC either. Those plays where we have Deebo running across the formation as the ball is snapped makes defenses hesitant because they don't know whether the ball is going to CMC one way or to Deebo going the other way. I absolutely think those plays will work with CMC playing the Deebo role.

Then who plays the CMC role? Yes, the two can be interchangeable, somewhat, but the beauty of the 49er offense is when both are on the field at the same time. That's when defenses face a conundrum on how to defend the 49er offense.

I have no doubt in my mind that CMC can do the Deebo plays.
But I've been thinking about it... as you said, defenses are hesitant to play CMC or Deebo. Even if you put CMC in Deebo's role, they're not going to hesitate the same way if you put McCloud or Mitchell/Mason where CMC was.

So I can see why it makes more sense to just keep CMC where he is, and plug in McCloud/Bell into Deebo's plays, and recognize it probably just won't have the same efficacy. No need to tax CMC unnecessarily when they can (hopefully) figure out better ways to use him.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Dan Campbell is a mouth-breather. With that said it would be such a Kyle thing to lose to him.

No way we lose to this meat head
Share 49ersWebzone