LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 149 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I agree with the premise, the problem is I'm not sure AA is fit, and Young and Gregory aren't doing much of anything. Bosa's gonna get mobbed. Good time for Hargrave to get home.

The lions Oline isn't the same oline this weekend that was considered elite all year. They're missing both of their guards, one of them is an excellent player, and their Center is SUPER banged up. If It wasn't the playoffs - I don't think he would be playing (knee and ankle sprain last week, I believe). THey're missing their best run blocking TE.

I think they'll give bosa a ton of attention, I think Hargrave & Armstead need to have a huge game and step up. They're playing against backups/injured guys and if you pressure goff up the middle, he's drastically worse.

I'm also hoping all the injuries will stymie their run game and give our linebackers a chance to clean up.

I agree with the overall premise. This is why John Lynch sold his grandma's soul to the devil to build the most dominate DL possible. Closers.

Goff has always seen ghosts once he starts taking hits. What's the sample size?

I didn't realize they lost both G's. That's brutal. We better pwn them!
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Campbell just had a press conference on NFL Network.
The dude just went over Shannys whole gameplan. Said they will shift to one side but run towards the other, or shift and will play action towards that side... Shanny better make that fool look foolish

he has like a 5 year olds understanding of kyle's offense, this is gonna be easy lol

They are all worried about stopping our run game and playaction. Watch Brock come out and carve up that crappy pass defense and hit em with the run game in the 2nd half.

Sign me up
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I agree with the premise, the problem is I'm not sure AA is fit, and Young and Gregory aren't doing much of anything. Bosa's gonna get mobbed. Good time for Hargrave to get home.

The lions Oline isn't the same oline this weekend that was considered elite all year. They're missing both of their guards, one of them is an excellent player, and their Center is SUPER banged up. If It wasn't the playoffs - I don't think he would be playing (knee and ankle sprain last week, I believe). THey're missing their best run blocking TE.

I think they'll give bosa a ton of attention, I think Hargrave & Armstead need to have a huge game and step up. They're playing against backups/injured guys and if you pressure goff up the middle, he's drastically worse.

I'm also hoping all the injuries will stymie their run game and give our linebackers a chance to clean up.

I agree with the overall premise. This is why John Lynch sold his grandma's soul to the devil to build the most dominate DL possible. Closers.

Goff has always seen ghosts once he starts taking hits. What's the sample size?

I didn't realize they lost both G's. That's brutal. We better pwn them!

Exactly. Time to close - Bosa, Young and Hargrave.

Deebo teasing the Faithfuls and the Lions
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Graham Glasgow is healthy and has been their starter for most of the year at RG. They're missing Jackson at LG and Ragnow at center is banged up but he's been banged all season long and still managed to pull off an All Pro caliber year, I wouldn't be putting my hope in him being anything other than excellent. They'll have him hopped up on painkillers and ready to go Sunday.

Interesting, I saw someone on here say that both of their guards are down. I'll have to look into that.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
gotta LOVE how sports nation is doubting the niners, this is exactly how it needs to be!

Not doubting. Rooting against. Big difference…
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Deebo teasing the Faithfuls and the Lions

Graham Glasgow is healthy and has been their starter for most of the year at RG. They're missing Jackson at LG and Ragnow at center is banged up but he's been banged all season long and still managed to pull off an All Pro caliber year, I wouldn't be putting my hope in him being anything other than excellent. They'll have him hopped up on painkillers and ready to go Sunday.

Interesting, I saw someone on here say that both of their guards are down. I'll have to look into that.

Saw OG Jackson is out along with blocking TE Wright.......

Glasgow is good to go. Excellent run-blocker. Average PP. Overall, Glasgow is rated higher than Jackson.
[ Edited by dj43 on Jan 24, 2024 at 3:46 PM ]
I need Kyle to get wild. Their secondary is turds.

Forecast: a few passing clouds, light winds
Originally posted by Montana:
Forecast: a few passing clouds, light winds

the stars are aligning for an explosive night
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Hawaii, Nevada, Utah, S. Oregon and Iowa are NOT rooting for the fricking Lions…

I guarantee NV is not rooting for the Lions haha. TONS of Niner fans here lol and ready to spend money..would be best to have SF/KC for max profit. 💰 🤑
[ Edited by Montana on Jan 24, 2024 at 3:55 PM ]
73 degrees

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
73 degrees

Brock Purdy with mostly sunny and light winds..I would be petrified if I was the Lions rn ngl lol. I expect full, ruthless assassin Brock. Lions can be dangerous...but Brock is just deadly LFG
Share 49ersWebzone