There are 251 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Campbell just had a press conference on NFL Network.
The dude just went over Shannys whole gameplan. Said they will shift to one side but run towards the other, or shift and will play action towards that side... Shanny better make that fool look foolish

They'll look at what the ravens did and try to do that. Basically they will zone blitz. But if they defend the run and overload it, Brock will just expose their weak secondary.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
sweet, kittle wide open over the middle then

Originally posted by BP13:

lol wtf
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
The problem is that 49ers aren't a one-dimensional team. But one way to stop Kyle's run game is to have a 5 man DLine scheme out there. That's where I'd start if I was Dan Campbell.

Well yes, you would *think* Kyle would throw in that circumstance. But you never know. Kyle might just try to outsmart himself in those situations.
i think Ambry plays much better on Sunday, i didn't realize that he hadn't played since the WAS game. The rust thing is real. Also, Lenoir is becoming a star. Said in the game thread during the seattle game, but Im expecting a big game from our secondary. Starting to get pretty excited.

ambry also has that little cast on his hand
The problem is that 49ers aren't a one-dimensional team. But one way to stop Kyle's run game is to have a 5 man DLine scheme out there. That's where I'd start if I was Dan Campbell.

Well yes, you would *think* Kyle would throw in that circumstance. But you never know. Kyle might just try to outsmart himself in those situations.

nah that's what niner fans want, just run cmc to death no matter what..kyle is smarter than that

lol wtf

It's the Netflix adaptation
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

lol wtf

Hysterikal.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Jan 24, 2024 at 7:39 PM ]
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Man our special team coverage sucks. We give teams the average starting field position of 26 yards, which is 3rd worst in the nfl. 33% of our kick offs are returned, 5th worst in the nfl.

I wish we would boot it in the endzone more. We would give worse field position by a yard.

Its crazy. And when WE return it (unless it's deebo) guaranteed we're starting at the 15. Can't remember the last positive result

Ray Ray almost busted a good one against Green Bay after they got that big one on us, but he got tripped up. Lol

our special teams is my biggest worry in the playoffs. It made me feel better thay moody hit that big time 52 yarder though.

i really don't understand why we don't do a touchback every time. Idk if it's the coaching call? Or just moody?

Originally posted by frenchmov:
Man our special team coverage sucks. We give teams the average starting field position of 26 yards, which is 3rd worst in the nfl. 33% of our kick offs are returned, 5th worst in the nfl.

I wish we would boot it in the endzone more. We would give worse field position by a yard.

Its crazy. And when WE return it (unless it's deebo) guaranteed we're starting at the 15. Can't remember the last positive result

Ray Ray almost busted a good one against Green Bay after they got that big one on us, but he got tripped up. Lol

our special teams is my biggest worry in the playoffs. It made me feel better thay moody hit that big time 52 yarder though.

i really don't understand why we don't do a touchback every time. Idk if it's the coaching call? Or just moody?

Coaching call, Kyle talked about it awhile ago. I'm sure there's few instances when it's on Moody.

But ya I don't want to see returns anymore. Try to kick it out every damn time.
i think Ambry plays much better on Sunday, i didn't realize that he hadn't played since the WAS game. The rust thing is real. Also, Lenoir is becoming a star. Said in the game thread during the seattle game, but Im expecting a big game from our secondary. Starting to get pretty excited.

I pray Ambry plays better - he's talented. He gets in his own way, seems to make mental mistakes.

demo is an absolute stud. Dude is thriving and been awesome for us. If we can stay out of nickel - I'm thrilled with our DBs. Lol
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Coaching call, Kyle talked about it awhile ago. I'm sure there's few instances when it's on Moody.

I just don't understand why a coach would ask to kick it shallow. Lol especially with how poor our coverage has been.

this is the playoffs - I'd take ZERO risk in this dept. playoffs are a game of inch's and special teams is a big weakness of ours, I'd minimize what they can do (specifically negative) by kicking it out the end zone EVERY TIME. No effin clue why they would think kicking shorter is a remotely good decision.

almost seems greedy to me, why do it? To hope you pin them further back from the 25? I'd rather just give them the 25 because currently teams are averaging 26, so it's an automatic 1 yard win by not letting them return it. Lol

I pray Ambry plays better - he's talented. He gets in his own way, seems to make mental mistakes.

demo is an absolute stud. Dude is thriving and been awesome for us. If we can stay out of nickel - I'm thrilled with our DBs. Lol

If he can play like how he played against the Jags we would be pretty much hard to beat.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

I just don't understand why a coach would ask to kick it shallow. Lol especially with how poor our coverage has been.

this is the playoffs - I'd take ZERO risk in this dept. playoffs are a game of inch's and special teams is a big weakness of ours, I'd minimize what they can do (specifically negative) by kicking it out the end zone EVERY TIME. No effin clue why they would think kicking shorter is a remotely good decision.

almost seems greedy to me, why do it? To hope you pin them further back from the 25? I'd rather just give them the 25 because currently teams are averaging 26, so it's an automatic 1 yard win by not letting them return it. Lol

I agree, can we atleast find out what the opponents starting position is when we try to pin them back?

better yet, what's the EPA from those attempts.
[ Edited by Shorteous on Jan 24, 2024 at 8:19 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone