There are 322 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Campbell just had a press conference on NFL Network.
The dude just went over Shannys whole gameplan. Said they will shift to one side but run towards the other, or shift and will play action towards that side... Shanny better make that fool look foolish

They'll look at what the ravens did and try to do that. Basically they will zone blitz. But if they defend the run and overload it, Brock will just expose their weak secondary.

I'm very curious to see how this plays out. I personally believed Baltimore figured something out with Kyle, Purdy and this offense. They seemed to know everything that was happening. It wasn't just SF played poorly. Detroit doesn't have nowhere near the talent Baltimore does though.

The sky is not falling here. Baltimore still gave up a huge amount of yards, but it was the INT's that stopped us from scoring. Take those away and Baltimore loses. We just got to take care of the ball and the everything will fall into place.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
49ers run 21 personnel more than anyone else in the NFL. Lions rank 31st defending against 21 personnel.

Kittle going to feast. Juice going over on his receiving yards.

LFG George LFG
Can't freakin wait. I kinda wish our game was the early one but both games should be epic.

i predict 49ers V Chiefs II Dun dun dunnnn
Originally posted by tankle104:
Can't freakin wait. I kinda wish our game was the early one but both games should be epic.

I kinda wish it was the earlier one too. Don't want them thinking about Homer or Lamar in the back of their heads..just the game in front of them.
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:
49ers run 21 personnel more than anyone else in the NFL. Lions rank 31st defending against 21 personnel.

Kittle going to feast. Juice going over on his receiving yards.

Nice.
31st ranked how? DVOA? Yards per play?

I believe it was EPA.

Cool. Supposedly DET has a good young slot CB. One way to keep him off the field is play 21 to get their third LB on the field. Unless DET still wants to match the 49ers 21 with their nickel personnel, then pound the rock.
Originally posted by Montana:

I kinda wish it was the earlier one too. Don't want them thinking about Homer or Lamar in the back of their heads..just the game in front of them.

Fook em all. Should be a great AFC game though.
Originally posted by Montana:

Fook em all. Should be a great AFC game though.

Last 2 NFCCG games where they made the SB, Niners did better playing the later game, in fact blowing out their opponent:

- 2012: played the earlier game, fell behind early and had to come back vs Atlanta (Baltimore beat Patriots in the night game AFCCG)

- 2019: played the later game, knew who won AFCCG (Chiefs over Titans); blew out the Packers in Mostert's career/playoff record game

…let's hope the latter is a repeat.
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 25, 2024 at 8:13 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Oh goodie with Bill Vinovich refereeing it yet again.

wow! Better not screw us ti make his family gappy

In the divisional against the Green Bay, we started the game somewhat slow and flat thus we fell behind again and played catch up. Maybe because of rust but since that rust should've been sanded off, we should start this game really really fast and it's imperative for us to strike first and never look back.

This is where Mood's Villain story begins
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

This is where Mood's Villain story begins

Its almost began with the blocked field goal and not being getting consistent touchbacks against an All Pro returner last week.
I feel Kittle's explosiveness and ability to make huge gains is as important as cmac in these next two games. Kittle needs more targets than usual.
Share 49ersWebzone