There are 451 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Campbell just had a press conference on NFL Network.
The dude just went over Shannys whole gameplan. Said they will shift to one side but run towards the other, or shift and will play action towards that side... Shanny better make that fool look foolish

They'll look at what the ravens did and try to do that. Basically they will zone blitz. But if they defend the run and overload it, Brock will just expose their weak secondary.

I'm very curious to see how this plays out. I personally believed Baltimore figured something out with Kyle, Purdy and this offense. They seemed to know everything that was happening. It wasn't just SF played poorly. Detroit doesn't have nowhere near the talent Baltimore does though.

Its not anything complicated. Baltimore's defense is elite. Specifically they have some great linebackers. Kyle's offense has difficulty going against fast athletic linebackers that have speed to drop back after being faked out on a play action pass.

Basically the Baltimore defense - IMO - is what our defense is, but with better defensive backs.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Crown:
Is it true that Dan Campbell in a presser this week claims to have figured out KS offense?
seen something here saying that.. pretty much said if we motion to one side we are going to the opposite side

he could be just playing the mind game of getting us to overthink... but if we execute properly, it doesn't matter if they know whats coming

Kyle's Niners offense been around for years. Dan just now noticed something so simplistic...

haah yeah
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Is it true that Dan Campbell in a presser this week claims to have figured out KS offense?

Goff played for McVay who coaches a version of the Shanahan offense, so Campbell should have a good grasp of what Kyle wants to do with his offense.

Then again we all knew Frank Gore was going to get the ball. Stopping him was another matter entirely.

Yup

Its almost " Line up and good luck bro"
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
If they figured something out how do you explain the 49ers marching up and down the field only to shoot themselves in the foot?

ya im not worried about facing baltimore again, they didn't "figure us out". it was an odd game, we moved the ball at will but committed fluky turnovers

Agree 💯%, a net negative turnover differential in the playoffs will be fatal.
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/nrtsweNiwNsQ2gNy/?mibextid=D5vuiz
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
The problem is that 49ers aren't a one-dimensional team. But one way to stop Kyle's run game is to have a 5 man DLine scheme out there. That's where I'd start if I was Dan Campbell.

sweet, kittle wide open over the middle then

Well yes, you would *think* Kyle would throw in that circumstance. But you never know. Kyle might just try to outsmart himself in those situations.

nah that's what niner fans want, just run cmc to death no matter what..kyle is smarter than that

Kyle likes those explosive plays, and that usually happens when you call the right play against the right defense. The problem is if you call the play against *what you think* is the right defense - but guessed wrong.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Campbell just had a press conference on NFL Network.
The dude just went over Shannys whole gameplan. Said they will shift to one side but run towards the other, or shift and will play action towards that side... Shanny better make that fool look foolish

They'll look at what the ravens did and try to do that. Basically they will zone blitz. But if they defend the run and overload it, Brock will just expose their weak secondary.

I'm very curious to see how this plays out. I personally believed Baltimore figured something out with Kyle, Purdy and this offense. They seemed to know everything that was happening. It wasn't just SF played poorly. Detroit doesn't have nowhere near the talent Baltimore does though.

Its not anything complicated. Baltimore's defense is elite. Specifically they have some great linebackers. Kyle's offense has difficulty going against fast athletic linebackers that have speed to drop back after being faked out on a play action pass.

Basically the Baltimore defense - IMO - is what our defense is, but with better defensive backs.

Agreed. The linebacker position has sort of lost its luster. And you see teams paying DE and CB, but then you see the impact Warner and Greenlaw have every week. And Roquan and Queen are on that level. So disruptive in the run game. Can drop back and defend. Both have insane 10 yard split times. These guys are basically safeties sitting in zones, in coverage, acting as QB spy. Just real plus football players that take away so much from the offense.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I thought KC struggled to slow Allen's legs down in the first half but was very successful in the 2nd half. I also think that Allen is a better passer than Lamar. Where KC may struggle is if Lamar gets out of the pocket and buys more time for his receivers to get open.

Yeah, Josh is the better passer, guess we will have to see 👀
Originally posted by YACBros85:
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/nrtsweNiwNsQ2gNy/?mibextid=D5vuiz

Hargraves better get it going.
[ Edited by scooterhd on Jan 25, 2024 at 10:18 AM ]

• thl408
Originally posted by tankle104:

I just watched some highlights of this game and the weather was just cold. Didn't look windy and wasn't wet. The weather this Sunday is going to be comfortable. I don't know if DET struggles outside a dome simply because they are outside on grass, or if CHI was too cold for DET to play like themselves.
Originally posted by scooterhd:

Hargraves better get it going.

Yeah, time for him to earn his check
Lion's center Ragnow has a badly sprained ankle, he could barely push off of it
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Lion's center Ragnow has a badly sprained ankle, he could barely push off of it

He's a total warrior, I bet he plays well, even with multiple crippling injuries.
  • All22
  • Veteran

Goff played for McVay who coaches a version of the Shanahan offense, so Campbell should have a good grasp of what Kyle wants to do with his offense.

Then again we all knew Frank Gore was going to get the ball. Stopping him was another matter entirely.

Half the league has someone from Kyle's tree on their staff. Kyle is still dominant AF.
Share 49ersWebzone