There are 333 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Lion's center Ragnow has a badly sprained ankle, he could barely push off of it
is that his current status or just going off what happened a week ago ?
Just want this game over with already lol..losing patience in the last stretch haha
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He's a total warrior, I bet he plays well, even with multiple crippling injuries.

He once played with a broken throat.

He's an absolute maniac and I also expect him to play well.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Lions beat writers yesterday said he was moving around a lot better than at this same time a week ago.
mccaffrey over 87.5 rushing yards is a beauty
  • thl408
Originally posted by Montana:
Just want this game over with already lol..losing patience in the last stretch haha

Enjoy the anticipation. Kinda like the slow uphill climb during a roller coaster ride.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Lions beat writers yesterday said he was moving around a lot better than at this same time a week ago.
i would assume he would be better after some time.. but i got my hopes up for nothing

Pro Bowl center Frank Ragnow (ankle/toe/knee/back) was also listed as a nonparticipant on Wednesday's practice report, when the Lions held a walk-through instead of a pratice. Ragnow, who did not miss a snap after spraining his knee in the first half of the Bucs game, said Wednesday he felt "pretty good" after getting rolled up on in last week's game. "Better than I expected," he said. "Stiff, definitely stiff, but been rehabbing and feel pretty good so I'm in a good spot."

Ragnow is a warrior. Hes been battling toe injuries for years and missing tons of practice. He has played with a fractured throat before. Missed one game this year for a minor knee surgery and played the next week. He'll be in the game, beat up but giving it his all and thats been pro bowl caliber player over the years. If his play severely declined, or if he were pulled due to injury, that would be a major blow to the Lions. They dont have much depth at IOL and with Jackson and Ragnow out they'd be in a major hole. But I wouldnt count on it. Or at least I give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The Lions are playing with two backup guards and a banged up Center. I would like to see the Niners mix up the defensive fronts and put Nick Bosa at DT for a few snaps. I know the Center is a stud, but if he's struggling with knee/ankle issues, Bosa's bull rush might be tough to handle. And we could go with some speed off the edges with Gregory and Young. Maybe an occasional five-man front. Our defensive line has to win the battle against the Lion's offensive line.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

He's a total warrior, I bet he plays well, even with multiple crippling injuries.

That's a lot to ask from a veteran

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Florio and Simms picked us to win. Florio going chiefs and Simms going Ravens.

I just don't see KC beating Baltimore on the road without an insane amount of help from officiating.

Lamar is just as mobile as Allen, but he's better at hitting the open guys underneath, and they have a better overall rushing attack. Ravens are a force.

They're really not. Before the played us, the majority of pundits picked us to win. Baltimore defense in great. They're aggressive and swarming but as much as everyone wants to crown Lamar, he hasn't played lights out. His running ability is scary. If Mahomes starts picking apart that defense, I suspect Lamar will press and Ravens can and will lose. Remember this is the team that needed last minute heroics to beat LA. We milked ourselves in that Monday night matchup and IIRC Sam Darnold almost mounted a comeback lol.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
The Lions are playing with two backup guards and a banged up Center. I would like to see the Niners mix up the defensive fronts and put Nick Bosa at DT for a few snaps. I know the Center is a stud, but if he's struggling with knee/ankle issues, Bosa's bull rush might be tough to handle. And we could go with some speed off the edges with Gregory and Young. Maybe an occasional five-man front. Our defensive line has to win the battle against the Lion's offensive line.

One backup guard. The other four playing on the OL started the vast majority of the season for them.
"FU**ING 49ERRRRRSSSS!!!" - Dana Carvey

Hoping we get him a chance to say this again.

• DrEll
  • Veteran
https://youtube.com/shorts/vo5IqmpRBv0?si=UzhxMMYnVRlCRk81

lets go !!!!
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Agreed. The linebacker position has sort of lost its luster. And you see teams paying DE and CB, but then you see the impact Warner and Greenlaw have every week. And Roquan and Queen are on that level. So disruptive in the run game. Can drop back and defend. Both have insane 10 yard split times. These guys are basically safeties sitting in zones, in coverage, acting as QB spy. Just real plus football players that take away so much from the offense.
Warner was a Safety in college so this makes sense.

The day of the big lumbering linebacker is gone.
Share 49ersWebzone