There are 345 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Montana:
Just want this game over with already lol..losing patience in the last stretch haha

For real. The wait for the super bowl (2 weeks) is going to be f**kin hell
Originally posted by tankle104:
Just want this game over with already lol..losing patience in the last stretch haha

I am savoring it all. Pulling for my guys to win it all!

I'm not for rushing this
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I am savoring it all. Pulling for my guys to win it all!

I'm not for rushing this

Yeah those two weeks before the Super bowl will feel great. Of course things can change drastically after the Super Bowl.
Kyle breaks down his thoughts on the drive ending the first half against the packers. I was in the minority that I thought it wasn't a problem. After hearing him, I still feel that way.

he managed the time to give us a chance to get points and no opportunity for the opposing teams.

that could of very easily been a. Situation where we either don't get points (like a missed FG) or we do but still give them 40 seconds on the clock with 3 timeouts.
Kyle breaks down his thoughts on the drive ending the first half against the packers. I was in the minority that I thought it wasn't a problem. After hearing him, I still feel that way.

he managed the time to give us a chance to get points and no opportunity for the opposing teams.

that could of very easily been a. Situation where we either don't get points (like a missed FG) or we do but still give them 40 seconds on the clock with 3 timeouts.

Same. I had no problem with how he managed that drive. We had some chances to drive closer for a TD and the plays didn't work out. When the risk of giving them the ball back increased too much, we did what we could to try to get points without GB having a chance. Just unfortunate the FG got blocked.
Need to stop the run. That's my main concern. Bosa and Chase need to punish their WRs if they try that crack block shot on them again.

Although, Ambry Thomas playing like s**t again, is pretty high up also.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Same. I had no problem with how he managed that drive. We had some chances to drive closer for a TD and the plays didn't work out. When the risk of giving them the ball back increased too much, we did what we could to try to get points without GB having a chance. Just unfortunate the FG got blocked.

If anything, la fluer could be knocked for how he managed his timeouts on that drive against us. Some are upset cause kyle let 40 seconds roll? How would you feel if you were the packers and you had three timeouts and even attempted to get your O ankther chance? Especially based on how it ended.

packers D played well.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Need to stop the run. That's my main concern. Bosa and Chase need to punish their WRs if they try that crack block shot on them again.

Wilks just said that the D line has been getting too wide and had to go vertical, he said they're working on correcting that this week.
Kyle also made a good point about the lack of sacks last game. The Pack had 8 guys in protection with 2 guys running routes with 7 of our guys in coverage. You don't score many points that way. If our guys weren't slipping all game, we would have boat-raced these fools.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Wilks just said that the D line has been getting too wide and had to go vertical, he said they're working on correcting that this week.

Good. Can't let Gibbs hit that edge.

Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Kyle also made a good point about the lack of sacks last game. The Pack had 8 guys in protection with 2 guys running routes with 7 of our guys in coverage. You don't score many points that way. If our guys weren't slipping all game, we would have boat-raced these fools.

Yea. Anyone who complained about a lack of pass rush obviously did not watch the film. Hell, I could see it on the broadcast plain as day.
Also, would be nice if we can get the Bosa and Chase duo from the Jacksonville game.

Shoot, Bosa hasn't even had a sack in his last 4 playoff games. That can't happen as a former defensive MVP of the league. I know sacks aren't the end all be all, but to go sack less for that many games is a

LETS GO JOE!!!!
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 25, 2024 at 12:32 PM ]

The 49ers DLine is: pick one (below avg effort, garbage, massively overpaid, slow, lost, tired)
Moody is, well, ok.
What is Deebo at 70%. If he plays with a bum shoulder, which doesn't look like it's healed, he is more of a name than a threat in the game.
Hard to change at this point in the season: Ambry Thomas + all safeties
Purdy got hit a lot in the GB game. So 80% of the OLine is: pick one (below avg talent, lost, lacking energy, missed assignments)

Let's see, any given Sunday. If GB can play that well against us, then maybe the 49ers can play that well against the Lions, more importantly, the SB if they make it. Hope is a good thing (I guess).
Share 49ersWebzone