There are 276 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Need to stop the run. That's my main concern. Bosa and Chase need to punish their WRs if they try that crack block shot on them again.

Although, Ambry Thomas playing like s**t again, is pretty high up also.

Wilks just said that the D line has been getting too wide and had to go vertical, he said they're working on correcting that this week.

Kyle breaks down his thoughts on the drive ending the first half against the packers. I was in the minority that I thought it wasn't a problem. After hearing him, I still feel that way.

he managed the time to give us a chance to get points and no opportunity for the opposing teams.

that could of very easily been a. Situation where we either don't get points (like a missed FG) or we do but still give them 40 seconds on the clock with 3 timeouts.

Yeah, didn't have much of a problem with it either. I get what Kyle was trying to do. And for that reason I don't blame Purdy for checking it down to CMC on that play some thought he should've gone to Aiyuk on the deep crosser. It was just unfortunate that Moodys kick was blocked.

kyle almost gave that reporter a stone cold stunner
I'm sure we we're heading to the Super Bowl had we gotten past you guys.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Need to stop the run. That's my main concern. Bosa and Chase need to punish their WRs if they try that crack block shot on them again.

Wilks just said that the D line has been getting too wide and had to go vertical, he said they're working on correcting that this week.

Thanks for the example, good to see that.

also fun fact - faster person in the nfl last weekend was Ward on that play to track him down. Lol ran like 22 miles per hour. I've been so impressed with ward and demo this year.

Also, looks like Bosa could have dove and tackled him but instead just let's him go by. Could've been gassed but IIRC it was the very first play of the drive.
  • thl408

Good stuff. I read that DET has a good rookie nickel CB. The 49ers can keep him on the sideline by using 21 personnel.

baldy needs his own podcast in YouTube or something. He's stepping up his video game. Lmao went from recording his monitor to this. Impressive

Does anyone have the play breakdown of the packers defensive plays? How often they ran zone vs man? It seemed like when they ran man, we crushed them.

it almost seems like the packers tried to run the same defense that the ravens ran on us.

ill take that over 😏
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
One backup guard. The other four playing on the OL started the vast majority of the season for them.

The original guard was hurt early, out for the season. Now they've lost the other for this upcoming game. We should be able to take advantage with the center hurting and their regular second tight end out. Our guys need to step up and play like their hair is on fire and exploit this beleaguered Detroit roster.
[ Edited by BSofSF on Jan 25, 2024 at 12:52 PM ]

I'm not sure what he's talking about, that was a great tackle attempt by Ryan assuming he was trying to tackle Kinlaw on the play.
Share 49ersWebzone