49ers remain on losing side of Chiefs rivalry in 28-18 defeat →

There are 503 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I kinda feel like Purdy may go off. I like this matchup better than GB.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Oh he's gonna ball.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Oh he's gonna ball.
we need the defense to ball in this game
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

You'd think Kyle and Wilks would have plenty experience to deal with the E-P system the Lions run.

Oh he's gonna ball.

He is gunna be ferocious

He is gunna bring all the pain to the Lions

I think he was heavily affected by the rain last week. They say they don't want to use it as an excuse, but we've now seen him play in two heavy rain games where he was very ineffective. Small hands. I'm not condemning him here to other implications that allegedly go with small hands (), or saying Detroit is an easier opponent, I just don't expect to see Purdy missing easy swing passes in the dirt the way he did against Green Bay and he'll have an opportunity to find a rhythm earlier. (Let's hope for the sake of his fiancé that, in light of his hands, he at least is good at finding a rhythm! )
[ Edited by BSofSF on Jan 25, 2024 at 7:59 PM ]

Oh he's gonna ball.

Waiting eagerly for that to happen, yet!
TK just said that Kyle told him that moodys short kicks on kick offs are accidents and not the coaches call. Just poor kicks by Moody.

their plan against Green Bay, and going forward, is to kick the ball through the endzone in kickoffs.

That's good news and I hope it happens.

Oh he's gonna ball.

I feel good about the defense. I don't think they've been "bad" but have under performed in comparison to their talent/potential. They're due for an Elite game and this week is as good a week as any to do it!

sounds like they're really focused on getting the run game defense fixed and I anticipate hargrave and armstead having a big game.

id be interested to see bosa at DT This game To take advantage of their ailing interior o line.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Just confirmed my tickets, I'll be there let's gooooooo! Driving up from San Diego on Saturday.

Originally posted by Furlow:
Just confirmed my tickets, I'll be there let's gooooooo! Driving up from San Diego on Saturday.

LFG!!!!!
Originally posted by Furlow:

Hell yeah! Represent!
Originally posted by BSofSF:

Not to pee in the Cheerios, but how in the hell are we going to be heavy favorites to win the Super Bowl in the event we have a rematch with Baltimore, who thoroughly kicked our ass just a month ago? Click bait?

I think it reflects how much more certain bettors are that the 49ers will advance--whereas odds would be longer for the Chiefs or Ravens individually because you are so much less sure which one will even be in the Super Bowl. Will be interesting to see once the early game is decided, if the odds flip altogether and whoever wins the AFC is favored
Of all the weeks for Harbs to return to the NFL, he does the same week that the niners play the Lions in the NFCCG. Coincidence or..... ?

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Of all the weeks for Harbs to return to the NFL, he does the same week that the niners play the Lions in the NFCCG. Coincidence or..... ?

I like it lol
Share 49ersWebzone