There are 255 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Not to pee in the Cheerios, but how in the hell are we going to be heavy favorites to win the Super Bowl in the event we have a rematch with Baltimore, who thoroughly kicked our ass just a month ago? Click bait?

Five turnovers.

We moved the ball against them with ease. With half those turnovers we beat them.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Not to pee in the Cheerios, but how in the hell are we going to be heavy favorites to win the Super Bowl in the event we have a rematch with Baltimore, who thoroughly kicked our ass just a month ago? Click bait?

Five turnovers.

We moved the ball against them with ease. With half those turnovers we beat them.

I thought we are favorites to win the Superbowl because we have a better chance to beat the Lions than the Ravens have to beat the Chiefs, so we have a lot better chance to get to the Superbowl, which makes us have a better chance to win the superbowl.

Of course if it is the 49ers vs the Ravens for the Superbowl, I'm certain we will be the underdogs.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by tankle104:

It doesn't make sense. It's only going to add more fuel to Baltimores fire.

It's because they expect SF to make it to the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I thought we are favorites to win the Superbowl because we have a better chance to beat the Lions than the Ravens have to beat the Chiefs, so we have a lot better chance to get to the Superbowl, which makes us have a better chance to win the superbowl.

Of course if it is the 49ers vs the Ravens for the Superbowl, I'm certain we will be the underdogs.

This
Good morning! Fook the lions! I love Brock!!!
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This

Who cares, except degenerate gamblers?
Fun fact - 49ers are the toughest team to tackle, leading the league in yards after contact (95.3 per game). Meanwhile, the lions allow the most yards in the league after contact (63.5)
Fun fact - 49ers are the toughest team to tackle, leading the league in yards after contact (95.3 per game). Meanwhile, the lions allow the most yards in the league after contact (63.5)

This is why we want Deebo to play in this game and do to DET what he did to PHI

We need to tackle better as well. Logan Ryan was 💩 last week. Get Brown in there, he can't be any worse and he's actually a part of this team long-term.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Of all the weeks for Harbs to return to the NFL, he does the same week that the niners play the Lions in the NFCCG. Coincidence or..... ?

I like it lol

Yup another Harbaugh who's going to be a pain in the rear for a lot of AFC teams in the near future.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Lol I just heard a guy say "the niners put up 24 in one of their worst performances of the year. Imagine what they'll put up on the lions if they play well."

Great point! Hopefully 40+ points!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Of the recent 49ers in NFCCG, the current defense would probably stack up this way:
2019 > 2021 > 2022 > 2023

Now do the offense.

Reverse order.

Just to put things into some perspective

Offense
2019- 29.9 ppg
2023- 28.9 ppg (meanigless week 18)
2022- 26.5 ppg
2021- 25.1 ppg

Defense
2022- 16.3 ppg
2023- 17.5 ppg
2019- 19.4 ppg
2021- 21.5 ppg

This season seems to have the highest ppg differential between offense and defense that we have had under Kyle.

2023- +11.4
2019- +10.5
2022- +10.2
2021- +3.6

I think the 2019 defense was our best, but they were really banged up down the stretch of the regular season which hurt their numbers. They gave up 45 points to the Saints for example.

Health is always a big factor in the playoffs. It affects making it in, staying in, and getting into the Superbowl.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

We need to tackle better as well. Logan Ryan was 💩 last week. Get Brown in there, he can't be any worse and he's actually a part of this team long-term.

I would like to see brown in as well. Especially to help stop the lions run game. I love him as a prospect. I think he has a super bright future here. I expect brown and Huf to be our safeties next year, as long as Huf comes back strong - which I think he will.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

I think it will be Niners favored by 1.5
Originally posted by Giedi:
Health is always a big factor in the playoffs. It affects making it in, staying in, and getting into the Superbowl.

Health is massive. The difficult part is that part of health is just luck. :/ we've been pretty unlucky health wise. Things have been good this year, so far, praying it stays that way.

chiefs just lost an all pro guard in thurny (sp?) at least for the ravens game.
Share 49ersWebzone