There are 291 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49ersvsPackers:
I think you guys will win. Like I said you guys here are good people. We love ya.

Honestly I think the packers are better than DET. They might not have the name recognition like the lions have with players…but ya'll got young talent and we're playing some of the best ball down the stretch.

Packers aren't just talented - they were peaking at the right time. I think they had a great combination of youth/talent/confidence - which was making them play, what I call, "Young and dumb". In other words, they're too young and inexperienced to realize the gravity of what they're doing. but they do it confidently. I think Pack would of beat the Lions too.

I feel like the Lions are more beatable than the packers because of Goff. Love had a running dynamic (which we typically struggle against) and the deep shot. Goff is a similar type player to alex smith, IMO. I underestimated the packers, for sure.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Packers aren't just talented - they were peaking at the right time. I think they had a great combination of youth/talent/confidence - which was making them play, what I call, "Young and dumb". In other words, they're too young and inexperienced to realize the gravity of what they're doing. but they do it confidently. I think Pack would of beat the Lions too.

I feel like the Lions are more beatable than the packers because of Goff. Love had a running dynamic (which we typically struggle against) and the deep shot. Goff is a similar type player to alex smith, IMO. I underestimated the packers, for sure.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the DL. We've been hearing all year they haven't been getting sacks because they're focus on keeping running QBs in the pocket. Welp, here's a QB that's slow as molasses and gets flustered under pressure. Do something.
I feel like having a good portion of our starters not playing meaningful football since 12/31 might have played a small part in coming out flat in that GB game.

Couldn't agree more, I had a bad feeling at the time, especially after hearing Steve Young say that 21 days off for a young QB is basically like a hard reset. It will make for a fun debate in niner talk next season when we compete for the 1 seed . But i have no doubt the team will look so much better on Sunday
  • Ruixx
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersvsPackers:
I think you guys will win. Like I said you guys here are good people. We love ya.

Honestly I think the packers are better than DET. They might not have the name recognition like the lions have with players…but ya'll got young talent and we're playing some of the best ball down the stretch.

I don't think people are giving enough credit to the packers defense honestly for the game last week (while at the same time, I believe giving too much credit to their offense and just glossing over the fact that Jordan Love was bad in crunchtime). Green Bay's defense played lights out, they deserve some credit.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I thought we are favorites to win the Superbowl because we have a better chance to beat the Lions than the Ravens have to beat the Chiefs, so we have a lot better chance to get to the Superbowl, which makes us have a better chance to win the superbowl.

Of course if it is the 49ers vs the Ravens for the Superbowl, I'm certain we will be the underdogs.

I think it will be Niners favored by 1.5

Maybe, but it would require us to blow out the Lions and look really good and the Ravens to escape the Chiefs with a win while not looking that good with turnovers. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the Ravens will be favorites.

I agree. I can't believe we'd be favorites winning the Superbowl after the Christmas game.

In the 70s the AFC was clearly the stronger conference. Then it swung to the NFC in the 80s and most of the 90s. Then NE had their run. Now the AFC is stronger because they have more of the good young QBs. All the years of drafting high are starting to pay off. The Ravens or the Chiefs will be favored no matter who they face mainly because of the QB. Both also have good coaches that have won at least one SB.
Originally posted by Ruixx:
I don't think people are giving enough credit to the packers defense honestly for the game last week (while at the same time, I believe giving too much credit to their offense and just glossing over the fact that Jordan Love was bad in crunchtime). Green Bay's defense played lights out, they deserve some credit.

I don't think love actually had a very good game. I think both defenses played much better than the credit they've been given, the narrative has been "the offenses didn't play well" when it really should of been "the defenses did a good job".

packers d line got a ton of pressure and hit him quite a few times to disrupt his pass, which some of them were wide open for big gains, but was negated cause he was hit while throwing.

our defense was great in the red zone, stopped them on fourth down - withoit that we def lose. It's just unfortunate guys slipped (most of everything love completed was cause someone slipped), the big run, and the penalties. Stuff that I think was partially the weather and partially not playing ball for nearly 3 weeks.
Originally posted by Ruixx:

I don't think love actually had a very good game. I think both defenses played much better than the credit they've been given, the narrative has been "the offenses didn't play well" when it really should of been "the defenses did a good job".

packers d line got a ton of pressure and hit him quite a few times to disrupt his pass, which some of them were wide open for big gains, but was negated cause he was hit while throwing.

our defense was great in the red zone, stopped them on fourth down - withoit that we def lose. It's just unfortunate guys slipped (most of everything love completed was cause someone slipped), the big run, and the penalties. Stuff that I think was partially the weather and partially not playing ball for nearly 3 weeks.

Love and Purdy had very similar stats. The big difference was Love had 2 INTs and failed to led the team to a tying FG on the last drive. Purdy lead the game winning TD drive yet all we heard this past week was how bad Brock played and how bright Love's future is.
  • thl408
Brock better find his grip on the ball. I think he needs to carry the offense in this game. DET will load up to stop the run, and they supposedly have a good run defense to do it. Their weakness is their passing defense, specifically the CBs. Brock will need to attack them outside the numbers where the boundary CBs roam to free up room between the numbers for Kittle/CMC. I'm looking for a deep shot over the top to Aiyuk. Not worried about DET's blitz packages, Brock handles blitzes very well. If McKivitz, with some help here and there, can stalemate with Hutchinson for the most part, I think Brock is going to go off.

Love hearing this stuff, about what a NIGHTMARE it can be to defend Kyle's offense

• Disp
  • Veteran
I feel like having a good portion of our starters not playing meaningful football since 12/31 might have played a small part in coming out flat in that GB game.

Absolutely. Last game was our rust game and we made it out of it. Full throttle now.
I suspect this will be a tight one
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BP13:
In Kyle's run, the 2019 path to the superbowl was the outlier, too easy. the others have all been interesting and exciting. I have SF to win by 10 on Sunday, but I also expect some surprises, there always is. I think Brock bounces back in a big way, and on defense, my guy to watch out for is Lenoir, the budding star. He'll see a lot of action covering a banged up Joshua Reynolds in the slot. I'm talking game changing pick, baby! GO 49ERS

31- 24 49ers for the win!
I've heard players get rings for winning their conference, but losing the super bowl, is this true? Does anyone know what the official ring the 49ers recieved in 2019 look like?
  • thl408
I've heard players get rings for winning their conference, but losing the super bowl, is this true? Does anyone know what the official ring the 49ers recieved in 2019 look like?

Made from 100% recycled materials
Share 49ersWebzone