There are 268 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Ruixx:
I don't think people are giving enough credit to the packers defense honestly for the game last week (while at the same time, I believe giving too much credit to their offense and just glossing over the fact that Jordan Love was bad in crunchtime). Green Bay's defense played lights out, they deserve some credit.

I don't think love actually had a very good game. I think both defenses played much better than the credit they've been given, the narrative has been "the offenses didn't play well" when it really should of been "the defenses did a good job".

packers d line got a ton of pressure and hit him quite a few times to disrupt his pass, which some of them were wide open for big gains, but was negated cause he was hit while throwing.

our defense was great in the red zone, stopped them on fourth down - withoit that we def lose. It's just unfortunate guys slipped (most of everything love completed was cause someone slipped), the big run, and the penalties. Stuff that I think was partially the weather and partially not playing ball for nearly 3 weeks.

Well I think it's both. Defenses played well on both sides, but the offenses were both very sloppy because of the weather and just general miscues. Brock straight up chucked the ball to the chest of a couple Green Bay defenders. That's on the offense, not a good play by the defense. Packers d-line did an exceptional job on our running game for most of the night though.

lol "49ersvsPackers" in here right now. Hahaha I actually don't mind other teams fans, as long as they're cool. I think it's good to hear another perspective from time to time.
I've heard players get rings for winning their conference, but losing the super bowl, is this true? Does anyone know what the official ring the 49ers recieved in 2019 look like?

this is the most anti Jed idea I've ever heard of
Originally posted by thl408:
I've heard players get rings for winning their conference, but losing the super bowl, is this true? Does anyone know what the official ring the 49ers recieved in 2019 look like?

Made from 100% recycled materials

Lmao that's probably how the players look at them.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

From what I've seen on Google, it's true. Lol I've never heard of a player talk about them though. Idk if every team does it.

it reminds me of how college players will get a ring for winning their division (like SEC), a bowl game, and/or the championship. Sometimes college players get like three badass rings in one year. Like Michigan probably will.
http://catalog.scpauctions.com/2019_San_Francisco_49ers_NFC_Champions_10K_Gold_Pl-LOT55271.aspx

I guess this is the ring we got in 2019 for winning the NFC. lol
http://catalog.scpauctions.com/2019_San_Francisco_49ers_NFC_Champions_10K_Gold_Pl-LOT55271.aspx

I guess this is the ring we got in 2019 for winning the NFC. lol

That's a lot of ice for second place, lol

From what I've seen on Google, it's true. Lol I've never heard of a player talk about them though. Idk if every team does it.

it reminds me of how college players will get a ring for winning their division (like SEC), a bowl game, and/or the championship. Sometimes college players get like three badass rings in one year. Like Michigan probably will.

I'm sorry but that is crap. Let other teams play that nonsense. The only banners we raise, are Super Bowl banners. Jed set that standard a long time ago. We would be on the quest for 12 if players and coaches, simply lived up to his standard.

I'm sorry but that is crap. Let other teams play that nonsense. The only banners we raise, are Super Bowl banners. Jed set that standard a long time ago. We would be on the quest for 12 if players and coaches, simply lived up to his standard.

The 2019 NFC Ring our players received had 7 jewels on it to represent how many the team had won. lol

I'm not saying I agree with it, it just dawned on me that it's a real thing. I doubt players really give a crap about them though, seeing as how I've never heard of a ring ceremony or players mention them.
Teams are so evenly matched that it's hard to predict which team is going to win. When they get this far it means they're both playing well enough to win so it often comes down to mistakes. Turnovers and penalties are often the difference makers.

The 2019 NFC Ring our players received had 7 jewels on it to represent how many the team had won. lol

I'm not saying I agree with it, it just dawned on me that it's a real thing. I doubt players really give a crap about them though, seeing as how I've never heard of a ring ceremony or players mention them.

tank, if I was owner, I would give the players their conf champ ring, and it would be an empty box. and I'd tell em you get the real ring that goes in that box, when you win the real football game. this is called a motivational tactic. It's like when Holmgren dumped all that money on the table, and said you get this if you win.

tank, if I was owner, I would give the players their conf champ ring, and it would be an empty box. and I'd tell em you get the real ring that goes in that box, when you win the real football game. this is called a motivational tactic. It's like when Holmgren dumped all that money on the table, and said you get this if you win.

lmao i'm dying laughing at how disgusted you are with the fact they get "runner-up Rings" lmaoo.

I understand a conference championship is a big deal, even if you don't win it all, but I wouldn't do a ring. idk what I'd do but they play for THEE RING. so to give them some half assed "sorry you didn't win it all" ring, it just disrespectful IMO. lmao

maybe a bracelet or an anal plug. idk.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Teams are so evenly matched that it's hard to predict which team is going to win. When they get this far it means they're both playing well enough to win so it often comes down to mistakes. Turnovers and penalties are often the difference makers.

I genuinely think Brock is a better qb than Goff and I 1000% believe kyle is a much better coach/game planner than Campbell. So when the rosters are close, and I think ours is better, I go with who has the better QB/HC duo.

so to me, it would be a huge huge upset if we lost.

if we lost in the SB to KC/BAL - it would hurt, but I also know mahommes/Reid are special and BAL is a great team. I wouldn't consider it an upset.

losing to the f**kin Goff-led lions would be a massive disappointment. They have half a defense (just d line) and a QB who can't play on grass nor does he throw it deep. It would be a f**kin joke if we lost to the lions - it would mean we played like crap and shot ourselves in the foot. Only way we lose.
Time to pound some...Lions
Originally posted by Giedi:
Personally, just me, I think the Ravens were more skillful than lucky. They are a good defense this year. John Harbaugh is a good defensive coach. He's an all around coach - similar to Kyle and Bill Walsh - in that he's coached both offense and defense. But he played on the defensive side of the ball when he was younger. I think you have to be skillful and instinctive in playing defense. Hufanga isn't the fastest guy on the defense, but once he got injured, the 49er defensive stats went down. I see those Brock Purdy interceptions a result of good Ravens players being in the right spot at the right time because of instincts, vs just being lucky. Just IMO.

Their rookie safety Hamilton is amazing.
Share 49ersWebzone